ANIME WEEKEND ATLANTA open for submissions

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
jingoro
Org Profile

Anime Weekend Atlanta 2022 - The Video Art Track

Post by jingoro » Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:38 am

Greetings, I hope this post finds you and your friends and family safe and healthy. I have a few announcements for you regarding submissions for The Video Art Track at Anime Weekend Atlanta.

TLDR:
The Accolades deadline is October 1. Nominations will be October 3-9, final voting will be October 10-16.
The Exposition deadline is October 13. Judging will be October 15-16.
The rules are here: https://www.videoarttrack.com/rules
The AWA website updates are delayed, but should happen soon. Everyone is just super busy right now putting together the best AWA ever.

Up first, crew changes. Effective a little more than a month ago Will Whaley (Speedy180) accepted the position of Executive Director of The Video Art Track. For 2022, I will be handling all our music video events ("contests") as Director Emeritus. Next year I am proud to hand over stewardship of our events to my daughter, Megan Jackson (Troubleclef). Will and Megan have both been very active in the AMV community and I know things will be in good hands.

Next, contest changes. The contest formerly known as The Professional Awards and the Peer Review Online is now The Accolades. This is mostly because I hated the backronym that was P.R.O.. No other reason. I had planned sweeping changes for how this event was administered, but after considering feedback from the AMV community I have discarded all of it. It turns out whatever we call this thing, y'all seem to like it the way it is, and there's no arguing with success. That said, I have run into one problem. Early announcement of the deadlines on Discord has somewhat tied my hands. The plan was to move the "category selection" round much earlier in the year. When this idea was discarded, we um... forgot to update the deadlines to give us the time to run the usual round in the fall. I have made the executive decision to announce 16 categories in the rules. They are the categories we see every year over and over again. Nobody should be surprised. During the usual "nomination" round editors will be given the chance to propose creative new categories. These will be reviewed by VAT staff and if they are deemed competitive and appropriate may be included in the final vote as an additional trophy. I want to be up-front about this, the community let me know that this was something they really liked doing however too often this has lead to friction over minor differences in the wording of common category names and the semantics of judging criteria. The last really creative thing I recall coming out of this was The Derpy Hooves Award for Equestrian Excellence, and that was over a decade ago. I might be wrong about this, but I doubt it.

So that's that. Two rounds of voting in The Accolades this year. Nominations will be October 3-9 and final voting will close a week later on October 16. Submissions for The Exposition are due by October 13 and judging will the weekend of the 15th.

If you would like to host a panel, please email us at videoart@awa-con.com and we will help you get things rolling. AWA at large has been very supportive of us expanding panel participation while keeping everything under one roof in Habersham.

Lastly, updates to the awa-con.com website have been delayed as those involved are very busy putting together an amazing show for you this year. I also know that Will has exciting plans for the editor dinner and some other things I'm sure he'll announce in due time. He's my boss now and I'm not stealing his thunder.

Thank you all, for your input, your encouragement, and your support. I'm looking forward to seeing y'all one more time.

Yours, in the service of the art,
-Jingoro

Proofreading notes, suggestions and flames may be directed to jingoro@videoarttrack.com. Though I'm here and on Discord, I'm pretty terrible at keeping up with those. All other questions should go to videoart@awa-con.com for the most expeditious answers.

jingoro
Org Profile

Re: Anime Weekend Atlanta 2022 - The Video Art Track

Post by jingoro » Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:39 am

Oh, and the submission site isn't actually taking submissions yet... give me just a couple more days please.

SilkAMV
Org Profile

Post by SilkAMV » Tue Aug 02, 2022 5:45 am

jingoro wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:38 am
The last really creative thing I recall coming out of this was The Derpy Hooves Award for Equestrian Excellence, and that was over a decade ago.
Even a decade later, the power and influence of Bronies in their time is unsurpassed. 8-)

seasaltmemories
Org Profile

Post by seasaltmemories » Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:14 pm

Any update on when we should expect the submission site up and running? When I click through to go to videoarttrack.com I don't see any way to submit.

TnAdct1
Org Profile

Post by TnAdct1 » Sat Sep 17, 2022 11:24 am

From the Discord, it does look like finals tests are being done in preparation for getting the submission site running.

jingoro
Org Profile

ANIME WEEKEND ATLANTA open for submissions

Post by jingoro » Fri Sep 23, 2022 3:14 pm

Well, every project ever runs over budget and out of time, am I right?

Anime Weekend Atlanta 2022 The Video Art Track
All Submissions Are Open https://www.videoarttrack.com

Please be advised, deadlines are EXCEEDINGLY tight (8 days to The Accolades deadline)
YOU READ THAT RIGHT, 8 DAYS

So please join us for another year of amazing entries.

Zeonic Freak
Org Profile

Re: ANIME WEEKEND ATLANTA open for submissions

Post by Zeonic Freak » Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:08 pm

LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

jingoro
Org Profile

Post by jingoro » Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:57 pm

Sorry, opened a new thread. We are live.
www.videoarttrack.com

animefan1
Org Profile

Post by animefan1 » Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:32 pm

I uploaded a video, but it said "unsubmitted video". And I didn't see a form to submit each video or anything. How do I place it in the right category?
Shenanicon AMV Showcase Staff (2024- )(https://shenanicon.com)

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man HOW to fish and you feed him for life."
-Lao Tzu via Mr. White (Tenkai Knights)

TnAdct1
Org Profile

Post by TnAdct1 » Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:04 pm

animefan1 wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:32 pm
I uploaded a video, but it said "unsubmitted video". And I didn't see a form to submit each video or anything. How do I place it in the right category?
In the Videos section, click on the file. It will open up a form that will allow you to fill out all the information about the video.

Return to “AMV Contests”