AniRevo 2022 AMV Contest! - Submissions OPEN!

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
tofu-tonton
Org Profile

AniRevo 2022 AMV Contest! - Submissions OPEN!

Post by tofu-tonton » Mon May 23, 2022 3:38 pm

|:> ANIREVO'22 AMV CONTEST! |:>
DEADLINE: JULY 15th

Anirevo's AMV Contest is back for the 7th time and the first time on the A-M-V.org forums! Without further ado...

It’s time for the AMV contest again! Unleash your creativity and skills with video editing programs to create the best anime music video of the year and impress the audience! :sorcerer:

|:> AMV SUBMISSION LINK (scroll down to the AMV tab) |:>

Judging Criteria & Awards

Categories

AniRevo Opening Ceremonies Video
One AMV will be selected to be our opening ceremonies video. It will be chosen by AniRevo Staff. This AMV can showcase previous AniRevo footage and anime. Wow us with what you’ve got!

Attendee Picks
Best Fit:
The music selection mixes well with the Anime’s style and theme.

Best Ship:
This relationship may not be cannon, but it just feels right.

Made Me Laugh:
I’m not sure what I just saw, but my sides still hurt from laughing.

Made Me Cry:
Got me right in the feels. (Ow, my feels…)

Got Me Pumped:
This video got me excited and ready for more, a good video to show someone new to Anime.

Judge Picks (Scored per video 1 to 5)

Best Editing:
The video stands out as an excellent example of video editing. Things to watch for would be well timed
choreography between the video and music (IE: do keyframes in the video sync to the music), and
altering and re-purposing footage from the source anime. (IE: did the video creator alter the source
footage to make a new scene)

Best Composition:
The video stands out for it’s composition. The scene and music selection work together to tell a story of
their own and show a creative or artistic intent from the creator.

Best Original Content:
This video stands out due to its use of original content. Did the creator make something new for the
video, can be 3D assets, original art, or music?

Rules!

DEADLINE: 15th July 2022, Friday, 00:00:00 PDT (UTC -7)
  • All entries must list the anime used at the end of their AMVs. We’ve had massive requests from audiences to show what anime are in these AMVs.
  • Entries must be a minimum of 1 minute and a maximum of 6 minutes. Keep in mind that we do pre-screen entries for quality.
  • Up to 2 entries per team OR person. Multiple entries are allowed (max 2). Please fill up one submission form per entry.
  • By submitting your video(s), you agree to let us play, copy, and use it to promote the event. Requests for removal will be put into consideration and handled on a case-by-case basis.
  • Most of your video must be anime/video game footage. This is an anime convention. Use your best judgment.
  • Most of your audio must be music. There is no arbitrary magic number for the amount of music. Some narration/dialog is fine. Use your best judgment.
  • NSFW content should be limited.
  • The screening is open to the general public. Entries with excessive offensive language, nudity, and/or violence might not be accepted. We accept entries with some NSFW content but keep it reasonable. Use your best judgment.
  • Please do not include intros or outros that are more than 20 seconds long. It is fine to integrate credits into the AMV itself.
  • If your entries have won 1st place/Best in Show at any other conventions before 5th August 2016, they will not be accepted. This is to give everybody a fair chance. This rule only applies to those who won 1st place/Best in Show. 2nd+/runner-up is fine.
  • All winning AMVs will be available on Anime Revolution’s YouTube account within 3 weeks post-convention. Winning participants can request to have the posting of their submission delayed for up to 2 months. Basically, if you don’t want it posted yet for whatever reason, just let us know.
  • All submissions must be labeled in the following format: (AMVtitle)_Nickname_FirstnameLastname_email
    [eg: (Pure)_Zerothic_YuiHirasawa_Yui123 @ example.com ]
  • If the submissions are not labeled in the format above, the submission will be automatically disqualified.
  • Breaking any of these would likely disqualify your entry. This WILL be enforced more strictly for this year’s contest.
  • Don’t use content from streaming sites like YouTube/Crunchyroll/etc.
  • No subtitles, watermark, or logos on the entry that was not added by you. Broadcast watermarks are fine. We’ll arrange to let you watermark your own entry before it gets posted online.
  • Use the proper aspect ratio. Artistic license aside, there is often only one main choice for this. Use your best judgment.
  • No interlaced footage in the entry. Progressive, please.
Accepted File Formats & Codecs

You will have a chance to resubmit if it’s not in an accepted format. Quality is not guaranteed if we fix it for you. Please avoid 10bit entries for now.
Video:
This is to avoid having to deal with playback issues on exotic format. This is not difficult to correct but it is unnecessary work.
  • H.264/AVC (.mp4 container, this is the preferred format)
  • MPEG2 (.mpg container)
  • MPEG transport stream (.TS container)
  • AVIs are fine, but H264 AVIs are automatically rejected; no exceptions
Audio:
This is flexible as long as audio quality is not severely degraded.

Resolution:
This is flexible as long as the aspect ratio is correct. Here are some suggestions:
  • 640×480
  • 720×480
  • 1280×720
  • 1440×1080
  • 1920×1080

Frame Rate:

This is to minimize playback issues.
Either 23.976fps (24fps) or 29.97fps (30fps)

Playback
The equipment is not finalized yet. It is difficult to know what the playback resolution will be or what is even available. This likely won’t be finalized until after the contest entry period ends.

Important Dates & Contact

July 15th, 2022 – Submission deadline, accepted entries will be shown at the screening
July 22nd, 2022 – Participants notified of entry status
Screening times TBA – AMV Contest screening & Closing ceremony
August 5th, 2022 (at the latest) – All participants notified of contest results
August 12th, 2022 (at latest) – Winning entries posted on Social Media
Any other questions pertaining to this contest should be directed to: programming@animerevolution.ca

Everyone here at AniRevo's AMV Team really appreciates your enthusiasm for our contest and we hope to see all of your AMV's at this year's contest! |:>

Sincerely, Anirevo Team :cupcake:

SilkAMV
Org Profile

Re: AniRevo 2022 AMV Contest! - Submissions OPEN!

Post by SilkAMV » Mon May 23, 2022 6:38 pm

tofu-tonton wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 3:38 pm
All entries must list the anime used at the end of their AMVs. We’ve had massive requests from audiences to show what anime are in these AMVs.
This rule is going to severely limit the number of entries you get. Many editors do not include credits in their videos, choosing instead to put that kind of info in the video description. You are asking these editors to go back to videos they've already made (potentially years ago) and add credits to them just for your contest. I doubt many will bother. AMV contests generally assume the responsibility of informing the audience of the sources involved, and put in a title card that goes before every entry.

animefan1
Org Profile

Post by animefan1 » Tue May 24, 2022 3:35 pm

SilkAMV wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 6:38 pm
tofu-tonton wrote:
All entries must list the anime used at the end of their AMVs. We’ve had massive requests from audiences to show what anime are in these AMVs.
This rule is going to severely limit the number of entries you get. Many editors do not include credits in their videos, choosing instead to put that kind of info in the video description. You are asking these editors to go back to videos they've already made (potentially years ago) and add credits to them just for your contest. I doubt many will bother. AMV contests generally assume the responsibility of informing the audience of the sources involved, and put in a title card that goes before every entry.
Not to mention that most of us have free accounts on Dropbox (those of us that have Dropbox accounts that is) which have very limited space. Now could we upload it to Google Drive as an alternative? If not, then is it ONLY Dropbox that we could upload these on?
"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man HOW to fish and you feed him for life."
-Lao Tzu via Mr. White (Tenkai Knights)

SynaesthesiaVideos
Org Profile

Post by SynaesthesiaVideos » Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:23 pm

SilkAMV wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 6:38 pm
tofu-tonton wrote:
looks like this issue still hasn't been resolved. I know I won't be submitting unless this rule is changed :shrug:

DopplerDo
Org Profile

Post by DopplerDo » Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:40 am

Also, they post these on their own YouTube account? Why not just make a playlist? I won't submit either unless these rules are changed. Big red flag energy.

animefan1
Org Profile

Post by animefan1 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:31 pm

Wait, they did respond to me when I emailed them, and they said actually that's their preferred method. Here it is, for the rest of you: programming@animerevolution.ca
"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man HOW to fish and you feed him for life."

animefan1
Org Profile

Post by animefan1 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:15 pm

I checked the website, and I saw nothing about the results of the contest. So have they been announced?

SpuddStaaa
Org Profile

Post by SpuddStaaa » Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:34 pm

They said they would post them a week later I think.
ACEN/PMX AMV Coordinator

and amv maker youtube.com/@spuddstaaa

animefan1
Org Profile

Post by animefan1 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:38 pm

SpuddStaaa wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:34 pm
They said they would post them a week later I think.
OK thanks for letting me know.

Return to “AMV Contests”