SabakuCon 2022 Contest!!!

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
KiddTheManiac
Org Profile

SabakuCon 2022 Contest!!!

Post by KiddTheManiac » Wed May 11, 2022 10:19 am

Behold, an AMV Contest!

Three categories, three prizes, and just a few simple rules!

The footage of your video must be of good quality, with a minimum video resolution of 640x480 and with a limited audio fuzziness or video artifacts. If you ripped your video from a low-quality streaming site, it has a very low chance of being accepted.
We strongly prefer videos in MP4 format. If videos are submitted in other formats, we will need to convert them to MP4 for the live presentation, which can cause quality issues. (Any videos we are unable to convert to MP4 will be disqualified.)
Your submission must be located somewhere we can download it, such as a hosting site like Dropbox, Google Drive, etc. (There is a separate field in the submission form for “Streaming Link” which is for YouTube, Vimeo, a-m-v.org, etc. )
Your video must have been completed no earlier than May 18, 2019.
By submitting a video, you give Vitamin H Productions permission to link to your video (or, if necessary, host your video) in the contest results.

Zeonic Freak
Org Profile

Re: SabakuCon 2022 Contest!!!

Post by Zeonic Freak » Wed May 11, 2022 12:36 pm

How many submissions can we put into this contest?

DopplerDo
Org Profile

Re: SabakuCon 2022 Contest!!!

Post by DopplerDo » Wed May 11, 2022 6:57 pm

I hope everyone is aware of this by now, but this team literally does not respond to any inquiries. They run a paid AMV contest panel and it is obvious all they want to do is suck in your content to support their business without communicating at all to the contestants. I once sent them an email in November and, after following up many, many times, got a first response in MAY the following year.

All the editors I know are aware of this, but in case you don't know their history, I thought I'd make it known. I won't submit to them again. (You can do whatever you want, obvi, but just know it's a pretty one-sided street there. God speed, person who is not me with different tolerances for this stuff).

Examples of this forum:
San Japan: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=131712
Anime North Texas: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=130779
YamaCon: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=132205

Return to “AMV Contests”