Matsuricon 2022 V.E.S. AMV Contest - Winners Announced

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Re: Matsuricon 2022 V.E.S. AMV Contest - Set Lists Are Now Available

Post by Rider4Z » Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:24 am

ahinton wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:07 pm
We still have your videos that were submitted to the 2020 campaign. Which is now in the Ghost of 2020(2021) showing. if that's of any consolation.
Oh wow... yeah I'll take that! :mrgreen:

SynaesthesiaVideos
Org Profile

Post by SynaesthesiaVideos » Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:37 am

ahinton wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:43 pm
To everyone watching this thread, and have submitted to this contest, first thank you again for your registrations and your patience while these videos are reviewed. We have completed the judges screening and scoring. And the final set lists are now available below. But first, just as a reminder, Matsuricon 2022 will have three main AMV events this year. Our current itinerary is as follows.

An Exhibition of Entries to the Matsuricon 2022 V.E.S. AMV Contest - Friday August the 12th from 7 PM to 11 PM in the Greater Columbus Convention Center room C150

The Ghost of 2020(2021) AMV Contest (or the Sports AMV showcase for the con that never was) - Saturday August 13tth at 11 AM, in the V.E.S. room, the Greater Columbus Convention Center Room C150

V.E.S. Presents the Matsuricon 2022 AMV Contest - Saturday August 13th at 2:45 PM Ball 1&2 in the Hyatt/Greater Columbus Convention Center

With that out of the way, we have the entire contest, exhibition, and "Ghost" set list for this year.

Exhibition Set List
Ghost of 2020(2021) AMV Contest Set List
The Matsuricon 2022 V.E.S> AMV Contest Set List
thanks for posting these lists! will these be shown publicly at the con? I'm asking because one of my videos has some secret info that I don't want spoiled for the audience 8-)

ahinton
Org Profile

Post by ahinton » Wed Jul 27, 2022 6:40 pm

thanks for posting these lists! will these be shown publicly at the con? I'm asking because one of my videos has some secret info that I don't want spoiled for the audience 8-)
Yes. The reason being is so that our attendees know about what videos they will be seeing. And, we're going to have more than we've had in the past in terms of editors coming to Matsuricon. So, it's best they know which of their videos will be shown when. Also, we have beginning title cards for each video. And we want to make sure all sources are accounted for. Now that said, I know in the case of the video in question, you wanted it to be a surprise. We should be able to adjust the video information so that we are able to keep the secret. Even with the public announcement and title card.
Matsuricon V.E.S. AMV Contest Coordinator 2023
https://matsuricon.org/
amv@matsuricon.org

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Post by Hagaren Viper » Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:05 am

Not to rush, but any word on winners from anyone? I was yesterday-years-old when I found out I was in this year's contest :uhoh:

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:09 am

Hagaren Viper wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:05 am
Not to rush, but any word on winners from anyone? I was yesterday-years-old when I found out I was in this year's contest :uhoh:
I didn't see anyone tweeting about it, so based on past posts probably in the next day or so on the forum they'll get posted.
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

ahinton
Org Profile

Re: Matsuricon 2022 V.E.S. AMV Contest - Winners Announced

Post by ahinton » Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:28 pm

Thanks for everyone's patience. We had an extraordinarily successful AMV Contest showing at Matsuricon. And we have our full winners list.

We're currently heading back to our homes, decompressing from the weekend, and thus taking some time off from con. As such all other social media and website posts for the contest results will also take some time to get up.

That said, if your video is on this list, I'll be reaching out to you personally. Though again it might take some time. Until then enjoy. I have the YouTube links included if everyone wants to see them.

Matsuricon 2022 VES AMV Contest Winners
amv@matsuricon.org

E_01
Org Profile

Post by E_01 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:17 am

Oh wow, I won both Action and Upbeat/Dance! Thank you so much!!

ahinton
Org Profile

Post by ahinton » Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:54 pm

E_01 wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:17 am
Oh wow, I won both Action and Upbeat/Dance! Thank you so much!!
You're welcome. I'll be reaching out as soon as I can.
amv@matsuricon.org

Return to “AMV Contests”