ZENKAIKON 2022 AMV CONTEST with WINNERS

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Tigrin
Org Profile

Re: ZENKAIKON 2022 AMV CONTEST FINALIST!

Post by Tigrin » Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:30 pm

CDLang84 wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 1:13 pm
Lycanthrope
Artist: Florence and the Machine
Song: Howl
Anime: Wolfwalkers
I made this one. :) It doesn't have an editor listed but, it was me.

I've loved entering Zenkaikon in the past because of the Free Range category. I think next year it might be best to flesh out more what does or doesn't qualify for this category. I think with sources that are "anime-style" the trend in AMV contests lately has been to categorize these with other "true" anime sources, and not consider them "non-anime" even if they weren't produced or animated in Japan. The point is to give videos that wouldn't otherwise be able to be shown at an AMV contest a chance to be shown. Of the finalists listed I'd say only Centaurworld and Wolfwalkers qualify for that.

CDLang84
Org Profile

Re: ZENKAIKON 2022 AMV CONTEST FINALIST!

Post by CDLang84 » Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:19 pm

Tigrin wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:30 pm
CDLang84 wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 1:13 pm
Lycanthrope
Artist: Florence and the Machine
Song: Howl
Anime: Wolfwalkers
I made this one. :) It doesn't have an editor listed but, it was me.

I've loved entering Zenkaikon in the past because of the Free Range category. I think next year it might be best to flesh out more what does or doesn't qualify for this category. I think with sources that are "anime-style" the trend in AMV contests lately has been to categorize these with other "true" anime sources, and not consider them "non-anime" even if they weren't produced or animated in Japan. The point is to give videos that wouldn't otherwise be able to be shown at an AMV contest a chance to be shown. Of the finalists listed I'd say only Centaurworld and Wolfwalkers qualify for that.
Don't worry I fixed it minor goof on my part.

CDLang84
Org Profile

Re: ZENKAIKON 2022 AMV CONTEST with WINNERS

Post by CDLang84 » Sun Mar 27, 2022 9:56 pm

The front page has been updated with the list of winners.

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Mon Mar 28, 2022 12:34 am

How'd the show go?

SilkAMV
Org Profile

Post by SilkAMV » Mon Mar 28, 2022 7:12 am

Overall, I'd have to say this appeared to go quite well under the circumstances, though I didn't attend myself. The Free-Range category appears to be the primary victim of last-minute organization. As long as it gets non-anime finalists next year, this can be forgiven I think, considering everything that happened. Well done pulling this off.

CDLang84
Org Profile

Post by CDLang84 » Mon Mar 28, 2022 1:05 pm

Rider4Z wrote:
Mon Mar 28, 2022 12:34 am
How'd the show go?
Pretty well despite some technical issues and not having a technical team there to greet me on the first showing (had one on the second). Practically a full house on the first showing, medium size on the second showing.

CDLang84
Org Profile

Post by CDLang84 » Mon Mar 28, 2022 1:09 pm

SilkAMV wrote:
Mon Mar 28, 2022 7:12 am
Overall, I'd have to say this appeared to go quite well under the circumstances, though I didn't attend myself. The Free-Range category appears to be the primary victim of last-minute organization. As long as it gets non-anime finalists next year, this can be forgiven I think, considering everything that happened. Well done pulling this off.
Thanks, yah Free Range did tend to be the victim here that's why its good to have more than one judge to weed out some of the non Free Range vids that aren't qualified as Free Range. I did my best with the knowledge I had.

Tyken12
Org Profile

Post by Tyken12 » Mon Mar 28, 2022 2:11 pm

Zenkaikon is my "hometown" convention, so got to see it in person. Definitely some hiccups, but to be expected given circumstances. A big thanks again CDLang for pushing yourself to get this accomplished. Had a blast!
Was sad not to see any creators in person, was really hoping to pick people's brains as I'm super new to amv creation. Perhaps in the future.
P.S. @SilkAMV, absolutely ADORED your Jedi's Survival and the letterboxing/masking involved. Was blown away!

SilkAMV
Org Profile

Post by SilkAMV » Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:03 pm

Tyken12 wrote:
Mon Mar 28, 2022 2:11 pm
P.S. @SilkAMV, absolutely ADORED your Jedi's Survival and the letterboxing/masking involved. Was blown away!
Thank you! I was surprised to see it in Free-Range though, as I submitted it to Action. I also submitted a live-action video to Free-Range, which didn't get shown. Though, I kind of figured there'd be a few mix-ups. I'm just glad the contest happened at all.

SQ
Doesn't have a title
Org Profile

Post by SQ » Mon Mar 28, 2022 4:05 pm

Tyken12 wrote:
Mon Mar 28, 2022 2:11 pm
Just found out you existed from winning the free range category! Your vid was great! Hope to see more of your stuff soon!
If you use Discord, a lot of editors are on servers there. You can always pick brains in one of the amv discord communities =)

re: the con

I wasn't there in person but I'm also glad it happened. Congratulations for being able to pull it all together at the last minute!!
StandardQuip
Discord: @standardquip
BentoVid (previously AMV Sashimi) Discord Server

Return to “AMV Contests”