ZENKAIKON 2022 AMV CONTEST with WINNERS

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
CDLang84
Org Profile

Re: ZENKAIKON 2022 AMV CONTEST FINALIST!

Post by CDLang84 » Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:16 pm

Rider4Z wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 3:08 pm
CDLang84 wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 1:13 pm
Free Range

Wolfhook
Artist: Of Monsters and Men
Song: Human
Anime: Fuse: Memoirs of a Hunter Girl
Editor: BecauseImBored1
I thought the Free Range category was supposed to be for non-anime sources (not produced in Japan)?
Probably could have been re-categorized, but I had a few submissions like that were submitted under Free Range that were re categorized. I probably should have done more research, but I'm only one person under a lot of pressure, lol so there are bound to be a few mistakes.

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:32 pm

So, should we assume you're not going to correct your mistake?

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:58 pm

CDLang84 wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 1:13 pm
A Jedi's Survival
Artist: David Hasslehoff
Song: True Survivor
Anime: Star Wars: Visions
Editor: SilkAMV
Star Wars: Visions is also an anime even though it's Disney

Squancho
Org Profile

Post by Squancho » Tue Mar 22, 2022 4:33 am

You can lay this on the previous DH for deciding to not follow through and quit a mere month before the show, leaving one person to throw an entire programming track together with no previous experience with DH duties.
He could have just said "fuggit" and let it go until next year but he's taking on a baptism by fire to make something happen.
Please be patient while he finds his way cramming months of work into a few weeks. 😁
Zenkaikon
AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2013 - 2019)
Asst AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2020 - 2021)

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Tue Mar 22, 2022 6:44 am

Rider4Z wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:32 pm
So, should we assume you're not going to correct your mistake?
Technically the rules say it allows any non-anime footage, but the rules do not state anime footage can't be used in that category.
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:41 am

l33tmeatwad wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 6:44 am
Technically the rules say it allows any non-anime footage, but the rules do not state anime footage can't be used in that category.
Spoiler :

troubleclef
Org Profile

Post by troubleclef » Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:43 am

Squancho wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 4:33 am
You can lay this on the previous DH for deciding to not follow through and quit a mere month before the show, leaving one person to throw an entire programming track together with no previous experience with DH duties.
He could have just said "fuggit" and let it go until next year but he's taking on a baptism by fire to make something happen.
Please be patient while he finds his way cramming months of work into a few weeks. 😁
I'm gonna lay the blame on a giant pest, thanks!

Phlashbak
is a failure
Org Profile

Post by Phlashbak » Tue Mar 22, 2022 7:17 pm

Squancho wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 4:33 am
I've been following this thread for a bit and I think the comments you've made are for the most part wholly unnecessary and comes across as extremely salty. I think it's time to move on from this.

CDLang84
Org Profile

Post by CDLang84 » Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:15 pm

Its true, I could have said eff it and let it go, but that's not how I work. I don't give up especially when I already put work into this and I don't let other people's work go to waste either. That's just not how I roll. I thought about it long and hard before they asked me if I wanted to quit or move forward with minimal help. I also didn't get all the minimal help I needed either, but I moved on with lots of mental exhaustion involved. I couldn't have pulled it off without these awesome submissions that everyone sent in which I thank everyone for. Without the editors there is no contest. Whether or not they are in the correct category is irrelevant at this stage of the game. Something I don't have time to fix especially this late in the game. This is still going to be a rockin contest and I think it came out nicely. There were lots of hard decisions to make here, but if anyone attends hope you enjoy it all the same. I think everyone will be surprised and thanks again!

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:17 pm

As a former coordinator I understand and appreciate the effort and work put into making contests happen, especially taking over last minute. It's not my intention to pull you down, I only wish to advise. Many editors take these competitions seriously, and conventions develop reputations over time amongst the community. If a contest doesn't communicate regularly, announce winners in a timely manner, follow their own rules, etc. they can end up silently blacklisted. The best way to receive consistent quality entries every year is to maintain communication and transparency. If a mistake is made, then own it, apologize and state what the plan is to fix or not fix it. If it's something beyond your control or capability, then most if not all editors will be understanding and supportive if you're up front about it. We don't like to see coordinators, nor contests fail.

Return to “AMV Contests”