Setsucon 2022 AMV Contest

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
mjtags11
Org Profile

Setsucon 2022 AMV Contest

Post by mjtags11 » Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:21 am

The Setsucon 2022 AMV Contest is Now Open! Entries to the contest will be accepted until January 11th, 2022.

Setsucon 2022 will be taking place January 28th-30th, 2022 at the Blair County Convention Center in Altoona, Pennsylvania. Attendance at Setsucon is not required to enter the AMV Contest (although it is greatly encouraged). Learn more about the convention at www.setsucon.com.

------------------------------------------------
SETSUCON 2022 AMV CONTEST RESULTS
Setsucon 2022 has completed and with it the results are in for the AMV contest. No matter the winners, I want to thank all creators for their submissions. I enjoyed getting to watch all the videos you provided to our convention. So many of the videos included animes that I'd never seen or songs that I never heard but none of that stopped me from enjoying them all (with many anime going on my unfortunately growing "need to watch" list).

To note the Comedy/Parody and Dance/Upbeat categories had to be combined due to a low number of entries in each category. I would also like to add that this years contest was very competitive. A couple of the awards were decided by only a single vote and one award almost had a 3-way tie. Without any further ado, the results are as follows:

Best Action/Drama: HELLSLAYERS - Silent Hero Studios
Best Dance/Comedy: Run Baby Run - Phlashbak
Best Romantic/Sentimental: I Take This On The Weekend - PotsAndPants
Judges' Choice: A Jedi's Survival - Silk AMV
Best in Show: HELLSLAYERS - Silent Hero Studios

---
ENTER AT https://setsucon.com/programming/amv-contest/
---
General Rules
[*]By submitting your AMV entry, you grant Setsucon the rights to show your video at Setsucon 2022 and all future Setsucon events.
[*]Setsucon is a family friendly convention, please make sure the content is suitable for all ages.
[*]Anyone, both veterans and amateur video editors are encouraged to enter.
[*]Multi-editor collaboration is allowed, but only 1 video submission per person or team.
[*]AMV cannot have won an award at any other convention, film festival, or online competition as of the date of submission and/or been entered in the Setsucon AMV contest previously.
[*]All videos must use anime footage, or video game footage, granted that the game originated in Japan.
Organization of the AMV contest and its categories and its judging will be based on the number of entrants and is at the discretion of the Setsucon staff.
[*]Audio from any English Dubbed anime is not permitted.
[*]Applicants must be 13 years of age or older.
[*]Attendance at Setsucon is not required for contest entry, although it is encouraged. Attendance at the convention has no effect on your chances of winning the AMV Contest.
[*]Setsucon Planning Staff may not enter an AMV into the Contest.
[*]Should Setsucon receive a large number of submissions, AMVs will be pre-screened to ensure as many videos can be shown within the contest’s scheduled time.
[*]Exception to these rules and other rules will be made on a video-by-video evaluation.

Technical Rules
[*]Submissions using MP4 encoded with x264/h264 codec are preferred, although not required. All files will be converted to a uniform format for the AMV contest, so quality is key.
[*]Leave 2 seconds of black space before and after your production.
[*]DO NOT include a title screen or credits anywhere in your video. We will format one for the contest using the information provided on the entry form.
[*]Video should be in 1080p resolution and 29.97 FPS format if possible. All videos will be scaled to this resolution.
[*]Please preview the finalized version of your video to check for any issues (sound quality, timing, disk errors, etc).
[*]Bad pixel quality, subtitles, logos, etc., will result in immediate disqualification.
[*]No subtitles will be permitted unless you added them yourself.
[*]The minimum time limit is 30 seconds and the maximum time limit is 5 minutes.
[*]The contest will use VLC Media Player for the show. Please ensure that your video plays smoothly in this player.

Submission Rules
[*]You must provide a link to a directly downloadable file for your AMV. This can be done with either your personal web space or a free service such as Box.com or Google Drive.
[*]No links from YouTube, Vimeo, or any other video-streaming website will be allowed.
[*]Setsucon reserves the right to disqualify any submission for any of the following reasons: objectionable content in the song or video (language, hentai, etc.), bad audio or video quality, subtitles, lack of signed entry form, failure to adhere to the rules, unplayable on Setsucon equipment, or for other reason not mentioned as the staff deems necessary.
[*]If you are unsure if the content of the AMV is permissible, please email the staff and then we can review the video and make a decision. [*]Remember, Setsucon is a family friendly convention, so the content must be tasteful.
[*]If more than two animes or songs for your video are used, please write “various” in the appropriate space on the entry form.
[*]If you do not want your real name to be used for the credits at the AMV contest, please write your call-sign/nickname/multi-editor name next to your real name in parentheses.
Last edited by mjtags11 on Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BladEra123
Org Profile

Re: Setsucon 2022 AMV Contest

Post by BladEra123 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:24 pm

Sent an AMV!
Legend Dies, but Legacy Never Ends~
YouTube Channel Link: https://www.youtube.com/user/bladera123
MyAnimeList: http://myanimelist.net/profile/BladEra123

Zeonic Freak
Org Profile

Post by Zeonic Freak » Mon Nov 08, 2021 5:02 pm

I sent off a couple.

mjtags11
Org Profile

Post by mjtags11 » Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:05 pm

Setsucon PR Director Here:

We've had so many amazing AMV entries thus far from all over the globe! Thank you everyone for your support.
We have just over a month left before submissions close - make sure to get yours in soon. Can't wait to watch!

mjtags11
Org Profile

Post by mjtags11 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:47 pm

Just a Reminder!!
Just Under Two Weeks Left to Submit Your AMVs for Setsucon 2022!

Enter Today At: https://setsucon.com/programming/amv-contest/

mjtags11
Org Profile

Post by mjtags11 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:54 am

LAST CALL! AMV Contest Entries Close TODAY. Applications will remain open until 11:59pm ET on January 11th, 2022.

Enter Today At: https://setsucon.com/programming/amv-contest/

SilkAMV
Org Profile

Post by SilkAMV » Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:12 am

Are we getting results soon?

Silent Hero Studios
Org Profile

Post by Silent Hero Studios » Wed Feb 02, 2022 1:29 pm

SilkAMV wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:12 am
Are we getting results soon?
Got 'em right here:

Best Action/Drama: HELLSLAYERS - Silent Hero Studios
Best Dance/Comedy: Run Baby Run - Phlashbak
Best Romantic/Sentimental: I Take This On The Weekend - PotsAndPants
Judges' Choice: A Jedi's Survival - Silk AMV
Best in Show: HELLSLAYERS - Silent Hero Studios
Silent. Heroic. But never both.

Silent Hero Studios
Org Profile

Post by Silent Hero Studios » Wed Feb 02, 2022 1:30 pm

This is my first time winning a best in show spot! Holy crap!!
Silent. Heroic. But never both.

SynaesthesiaVideos
Org Profile

Post by SynaesthesiaVideos » Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:35 pm

Silent Hero Studios wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 1:30 pm
This is my first time winning a best in show spot! Holy crap!!
:bzz: Congrats dude!! :bzz2:

Return to “AMV Contests”