AnimeFest 2021 AMV Contest - Winners Announced

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
MikeWilliams
Org Profile

AnimeFest 2021 AMV Contest - Winners Announced

Post by MikeWilliams » Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:14 pm

What madness is this!? AnimeFest is having a winter convention, December 17th-19th. We haven't done that in a really long time!

And, I'm happy to announce just as we're coming back with a live event, so to is our AMV Contest is coming back. As usual, we'll be judging in three categories: Fun, Dramatic, and Action; ;and we have $450 in prizes to send out this year to our category winners and runners up.

Check out our full rules at https://animefest.org/u/e/AF2021/Activities/AMVContest

If you have any questions, feel free to shoot me a message or ask here. I eager to get back into the contest running groove again, and I look forward to seeing your entries!
Last edited by MikeWilliams on Sat Dec 18, 2021 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike Williams
AnimeFest AFV Coordinator

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Re: AnimeFest 2021 AMV Contest

Post by Kireblue » Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:49 pm

Glad to see this contest back. :awesome:

Have you ever considered using Google Forms for your submission process? Speaking from the perspective of both a contest coordinator and an entrant, having everything managed through a form is a lot more convenient than through email.

MikeWilliams
Org Profile

Post by MikeWilliams » Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:29 pm

Ooh, that's a good idea. We use that for most of our staff manager/director applications - I don't know why I didn't ever think to use that for the contest. Thanks!
Mike Williams

animefan1
Org Profile

Post by animefan1 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:20 pm

Now in the rules, it says that the entries must be clearly marked w/ our REAL NAME, etc. Does that have to be in the actual file name itself? And yes, I DID reread the rules (as per instructed at the end of the form) but I didn't see anything specific to the file name. And I will be emailing you guys links to the videos. And I would assume that Mediafire is ok?
"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man HOW to fish and you feed him for life."
-Lao Tzu via Mr. White (Tenkai Knights)

MikeWilliams
Org Profile

Post by MikeWilliams » Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:11 am

So, what I mean by your real name is a name that I can use to send you prize money. I won't reveal your real name to the general public (unless, of course, that is how you prefer to be credited for your work). As I think about it, things like Venmo, cash app, and google wallet may make this easier than it's been in the past - possibly all I'll need going forward is a good address that I can make an electronic funds transfer to. But, for now, I'll stick with needing a real name.
Mike Williams

SilkAMV
Org Profile

Post by SilkAMV » Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:15 pm

MikeWilliams wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:11 am
So, what I mean by your real name is a name that I can use to send you prize money. I won't reveal your real name to the general public (unless, of course, that is how you prefer to be credited for your work). As I think about it, things like Venmo, cash app, and google wallet may make this easier than it's been in the past - possibly all I'll need going forward is a good address that I can make an electronic funds transfer to. But, for now, I'll stick with needing a real name.
The wording "label the file with your real name etc." makes it sound like you want the literal name of the file to include all our relevant information. That's what I thought you meant at first too, but I figured that was nuts, so I just included all that information in the e-mail. This is another reason to use a submission form rather than e-mail. There's less potential for confusing instructions.

animefan1
Org Profile

Post by animefan1 » Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:23 pm

SilkAMV wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:15 pm
MikeWilliams wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:11 am
The wording "label the file with your real name etc." makes it sound like you want the literal name of the file to include all our relevant information. That's what I thought you meant at first too, but I figured that was nuts, so I just included all that information in the e-mail. This is another reason to use a submission form rather than e-mail. There's less potential for confusing instructions.
Yeah, you definitely have a point. So I’ll just put it in email, with all the information that he requested in the email itself. I will send links to the AMV’s in question. I’m glad I didn’t have to put my real name or anything like that, because then I would have to change it again. The file name that is.
"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man HOW to fish and you feed him for life."
-Lao Tzu via Mr. White (Tenkai Knights)

Silent Hero Studios
Org Profile

Post by Silent Hero Studios » Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:22 am

Have there been entries from me that were submitted yet?
Silent. Heroic. But never both.

DopplerDo
Org Profile

Post by DopplerDo » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:24 am

Do you guys still re-upload the submissions you receive on your own channel?

BladEra123
Org Profile

Post by BladEra123 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:14 pm

Just sent an AMV in! :D
Legend Dies, but Legacy Never Ends~
YouTube Channel Link: https://www.youtube.com/user/bladera123
MyAnimeList: http://myanimelist.net/profile/BladEra123

Return to “AMV Contests”