Youmacon 2021 Fan Art Theater Competition - now with winners!

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Re: Youmacon 2021 Fan Art Theater Competition - now with winners!

Post by ngsilver » Tue Nov 02, 2021 6:52 pm

SilkAMV wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:09 pm
ngsilver wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:28 pm
Ace of Hearts did in fact win
I f****** knew it! :rofl:
True, it just didn't win best in show
ImageImageImageImage

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:18 am

I feel I should mention this publicly, I noticed a number of your award titles contain sexual innuendo (puns or not). I personally don't find it professional and I likely won't be entering anymore if that continues. I won the annual "boner" award like ten years ago but that's not a title I've ever felt comfortable announcing.

No hard feelings if you choose to keep them, it's your contest. But it's not for me.

SilkAMV
Org Profile

Post by SilkAMV » Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:42 am

ngsilver wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 6:52 pm
SilkAMV wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:09 pm
ngsilver wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:28 pm
Ace of Hearts did in fact win
I f****** knew it! :rofl:
True, it just didn't win best in show
I mentioned it during the stream because I was very surprised it hadn't won anything, and BiS was the only prize left. Good to know I'm not crazy (for now).

SynaesthesiaVideos
Org Profile

Re: Youmacon 2021 Fan Art Theater Competition - Deadline Oct 2nd

Post by SynaesthesiaVideos » Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:52 am

ngsilver wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:47 am
She's gonna Ace that test! --- 032 --- Synaesthesia Productions --- My Everyday Vibes
thank you for choosing my video! but I'm really confused about that award title :shrug:

SilkAMV
Org Profile

Post by SilkAMV » Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:59 am

SynaesthesiaVideos wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:52 am
ngsilver wrote:
She's gonna Ace that test! --- 032 --- Synaesthesia Productions --- My Everyday Vibes
thank you for choosing my video! but I'm really confused about that award title :shrug:
I'm guessing it's because, in the show, it was one of Aioi's little miracles. Not that she aced it exactly, but she might as well have for all she celebrated.

SynaesthesiaVideos
Org Profile

Post by SynaesthesiaVideos » Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:27 am

SilkAMV wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:59 am
SynaesthesiaVideos wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:52 am
ngsilver wrote:
I'm guessing it's because, in the show, it was one of Aioi's little miracles. Not that she aced it exactly, but she might as well have for all she celebrated.
omg you're totally right :lol: I've watched Nichijou so many times you'd think I would've figured that out

Zeonic Freak
Org Profile

Post by Zeonic Freak » Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:22 pm

Just curious if you have mailed out the awards yet.

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:41 am

No. One of my staffers ended up taking our equipment home after the con and our schedules have not lined up to get everything back last week. I should be getting the equipment back this week (read, Tuesday) and will be working to get things shipped hopefully soon after.
ImageImageImageImage

PerkyPastry
Org Profile

Post by PerkyPastry » Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:44 pm

Rider4Z wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:18 am
I feel I should mention this publicly, I noticed a number of your award titles contain sexual innuendo (puns or not). I personally don't find it professional and I likely won't be entering anymore if that continues. I won the annual "boner" award like ten years ago but that's not a title I've ever felt comfortable announcing.

No hard feelings if you choose to keep them, it's your contest. But it's not for me.
Yeah, this also personally isn't my cup of tea. One of my awards is just over the edge of what I'm not comfortable with, while at the same time I acknowledge that the source material I took footage from has suggestive elements (just like a lot of anime in general) so I get where the judges were coming from, it's just not what I was going for in my video. But I am looking forward to my Crisp Air and Warm Hearts award ^_^

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:43 pm

PerkyPastry wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:44 pm
Rider4Z wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:18 am

Yeah, this also personally isn't my cup of tea. One of my awards is just over the edge of what I'm not comfortable with, while at the same time I acknowledge that the source material I took footage from has suggestive elements (just like a lot of anime in general) so I get where the judges were coming from, it's just not what I was going for in my video. But I am looking forward to my Crisp Air and Warm Hearts award ^_^
Yeah, same. I am not really comfortable having a "weird boner" award sitting out where anyone could see it. But at the same time, given the video that I entered... I get it.

Return to “AMV Contests”