Youmacon 2021 Fan Art Theater Competition - now with winners!

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Re: Youmacon 2021 Fan Art Theater Competition - Deadline Oct 2nd

Post by ngsilver » Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:18 am

I know ya'll already answered it, but in previous years since AWA moved to the same date as Youma Pilk has confirmed that same weekend was not safe. Hence I went with that ruling as a to be safe measure for ya'll. I mean, I'll take whatever you send me. If that gets you DQ'ed from another contest that's ultimately on you as the entrant ^^()
ImageImageImageImage

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:27 am

Note, as I seem to have forgotten about 2020 already, we did run an exhibition last year during our livestream only showings. It was offered, if requested, to automatically port such entries into the 2021 competition if we ran one. I forgot that anyone actually submitted with this context (there were quite a few that submitted just for 2020 exhibition, any of those submissions will still be allowed to be sent in to this years competition, just not automatically) but have corrected this error. If you did submit to us last year and selected the 2021 option you will find your submitted entries on the entry status page with the notation of (2020 Ported, 2020 Ported Entry Processing).

Note, these entries that are being ported WILL NOT count towards the 15 min submission allowance for this year. So if you happened to send in 15 mins of videos last year for porting, you can still send another 15 mins of new videos (same entries will be DQ'ed) this year!

As always, if you have questions please let me know via email at youmafatsubmit [at] gmail [dot] com
ImageImageImageImage

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:34 pm

Thank you to everyone who submitted. As of now I have gone through all the entries and updated their status in our entry status page. You can check there to verify you entry status. If we found any issues with your entry that could potentially mean a DQ during judging we will have sent you an email to the address you listed on your entry form. If you received no email and your entry is listed as "Entry Checked" that means there are no issues. We will announce and updated status after judging once we verify the approved titles for this year's event and announce finalists here.

Status page: http://contests.ngsilver.com/youmacon/2 ... status.htm

This looks like it will be one tough year and the competition looks fierce! I can't wait to show the judges and later the rest of the con what ya'll brought to the table!
ImageImageImageImage

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:14 am

Whoops -__-

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:01 pm

Rider4Z wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:14 am
Whoops -__-
More for next year then!
ImageImageImageImage

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Re: Youmacon 2021 Fan Art Theater Competition - Now with Finalists!

Post by ngsilver » Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:37 pm

We had a blast judging the entries and I must say it was quite the close one. However we are now ready to announce the finalists. You can find the finalists post here: viewtopic.php?p=1573820#p1573820

You can also see the updated entry status for all of your entries in the entry status page. Note that any entry listed as Accepted is a finalist and will be shown at the convention. All entries marked for Overflow may still be shown at the con but may not due to time constraints, these entries did not make finalist. Note that not making finalist does not mean the video did not win an award, as all entries submitted and not marked as non-compete did actually compete for our Golden VHS Tape awards, as described in the "Kaz" rule.

It'll be hard to keep the winners under wraps, but you only have to wait a few weeks before the convention will be here and the Award Ceremony will be upon us. Tune in on our twitch channel for the award ceremony scheduled for 8pm EDT Saturday October 30th (or join us at-con.) We will also live tweet the award winners as they are announced. The posting here as well as update to the status sheet may not happen until a few days after the con based on how much recovery time we will need.
ImageImageImageImage

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Re: Youmacon 2021 Fan Art Theater Competition - Finalists posted!

Post by ngsilver » Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:02 pm

Information on showings and streams:

The Fan Art Theater is LIVE! We will be streaming all weekend long. You can check our full schedule here: https://fanarttheater.com/2021/10/13/fa ... -now-live/

The Competition showings are:
Friday 10/29 - 6-9 PM (1800-2100) EDT (UTC-4)
Saturday 10/30 - 1-4 PM (1300-1600) EDT (UTC-4)
Sunday 10/31 - 2-5 PM (1400-1700) EDT (UTC-4)

The Award Ceremony will be held on Saturday 10/30 from 8-10 pm (2000-2200) EDT (UTC-4).
We will also be live tweeting the award winners on our twitter: https://twitter.com/FanArtTheater/
Stay tuned there for updates.

All streams can be found on our twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/fanarttheater

Note for all editors here at the con or watching on stream:

If you would like to make sure you see your video played, and it was a finalist, you have the right to request to have your video moved up in the order of play. You simply need to approach the tech booth if at con or let us know in chat. If your entry has not already played we will move it up in the list. Each showing will play entries in different orders and we don't have a good way to predict when an entry will play vs any others, so the move forward request is the closest we have to ensure you can see your entry played live.

Our team will be in twitch chat all weekend to answer your questions if needed.

I look forward to finally revealing who will be winning our golden VHS tape awards this year. Remember, we actually record the winning video onto each tape so they do work and you can watch them yourself upon receipt provided you have access to a VCR.
Spoiler :
Note the above photos are from test prints and prep work. They are not indicative of any actual award.
ImageImageImageImage

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Re: Youmacon 2021 Fan Art Theater Competition - now with winners!

Post by ngsilver » Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:28 pm

The award winners can now be found here: viewtopic.php?p=1573821#p1573821

I do want to take a moment and apologize for the clerical error that left off one of our award winners this past weekend, and as such was not presented at-con or on-stream. Ace of Hearts did in fact win The Neon Climax award.

All award winners will be receiving an email from me later this week which will include a PDF copy of the award VHS cover as well as verifying your address in order to ship out your award(s) (for those outside the US we can discuss shipping details as shipping is only provided to US addresses)

We have received feedback regarding how the competition and awards ceremony was handled and will be determining what changes to make for next year. If you have any other feedback please send them my way to youmafatsubmit [at] gmail [dot] com

Thanks!
ImageImageImageImage

SilkAMV
Org Profile

Post by SilkAMV » Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:09 pm

ngsilver wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:28 pm
Ace of Hearts did in fact win
I f****** knew it! :rofl:

Zeonic Freak
Org Profile

Post by Zeonic Freak » Tue Nov 02, 2021 6:59 am

Me getting the Smoking Barrell award was the cherry on top to a wonderful Saturday at AWA while winning an in person trophy. That was a good day...

Return to “AMV Contests”