Anime Weekend Atlanta VAT Competitions 2021

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
troubleclef
Org Profile

Anime Weekend Atlanta VAT Competitions 2021

Post by troubleclef » Mon Sep 06, 2021 4:23 pm

Hey all! See the following information available regarding the competitions at Anime Weekend Atlanta this year! The con itself takes place over Halloween Weekend - October 28th through the 31st. Reminder that this is a Masters Year, I'm sure the community has great stuff in store for our competitions, exclusive and otherwise.

Mr. Pilkington is here to run a great show - feel free to reach out to him via his email pilk.amv.vat@gmail.com if you have any questions.

Important Deadlines:
Peer Review Online (P.R.O) - Sunday, September 19th, 2021 at 11:59 EDT
Expo and Masters - Sunday, September 26th, 2021 at 11:59 EDT

View full rules HERE
Submission Form

Join our Discord to get the most up to date information.

The Music Video Exposition
Sunday, September 26th, 2021 at 11:59 EDT
Exhibiting a wide array of style of entries - honors our editing community through both standard and custom awards as decided by a panel of judges alongside our coordinator.

Peer Review Online
Sunday, September 19th, 2021 at 11:59 EDT
Formerly "The Professional Contest", a blind, exclusive competition where every entrant gets the opportunity to vote and decide the best of the best among their peers. Sometimes referred to as "the Ultimate Beta Test", a great opportunity to meet and talk shop with other editors.
P.R.O. is run on an "As Blind as You Want It" system - we ask that you not reveal your video publicly for the consideration of those who prefer a blind viewing.

Masters
Sunday, September 26th, 2021 at 11:59 EDT
One entry, one judge, one award. This contest, held every other year, represents our highest standard for both artistic and technical music video production. Entries are blinded and the contest coordinator alone makes the choice.

P.R.O. and Masters both reserve the right to first exhibition, which means the video must not have premiered online nor at any in person event before the Gala Awards Show at AWA 2021.

In addition to the main competitions showcased at the Gala Awards Show - there is an on site MEP competition where we provide the equipment and the footage, you bring your team, and throw down in the Video Art Thunderdome.

TL;DR: submit here, email Pilk at pilk.amv.vat@gmail.com if you have any questions. Happy editing and good luck!
Last edited by troubleclef on Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Re: Anime Weekend Atlanta VAT Competitions 2021

Post by Zarxrax » Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:34 pm

I'm excited to be able to submit a video to the Peer Review contest this year after a long absence from entering any contests. Wish I could attend the convention itself, but that's not in the cards, unfortunately. Looking forward to a good competition!

troubleclef
Org Profile

Post by troubleclef » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:22 am

Updated the rules to reflect proper deadline for Masters per Pilk's previous statement in the discord - the rules on the AWA site are inaccurate and Pilk has been informed.

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:49 pm

troubleclef wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:22 am
Updated the rules to reflect proper deadline for Masters per Pilk's previous statement in the discord - the rules on the AWA site are inaccurate and Pilk has been informed.
troubleclef wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 4:23 pm
Important Deadlines:
Peer Review Online (P.R.O) and Masters - Sunday, September 19th, 2021 at 11:59 EDT
Expo - Sunday, September 26th, 2021 at 11:59 EDT
Did you tho? :lol:

troubleclef
Org Profile

Post by troubleclef » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:46 pm

Later in the post yes, not the tl;dr though. RIP

Silvercoat
Org Profile

Post by Silvercoat » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:39 pm

I am really bummed I could not pull something together for AWA this year. Still looking forward to the con and what everyone comes up with. Its been a crazy time and I am looking forward to the Expo & Awards. Otakon was really good and I am ready for some more new AMVs!
I hope life is not a joke, if it is, I dont get it.

Return to “AMV Contests”