Katsucon 2022 AMV Contests - Winners Posted!

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Silvercoat
Org Profile

Re: Katsucon 2022 AMV Contests - Finalists Posted!

Post by Silvercoat » Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:44 pm

Well I see my name on that list, guess its real now :P

That's a nice motivation / confidence booster.
I hope life is not a joke, if it is, I dont get it.

CrystalMoon7290
Org Profile

Post by CrystalMoon7290 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:25 pm

OMG, two of my vids made it!!!! I feel so proud of myself.

DJJonnyBlaze
Org Profile

Post by DJJonnyBlaze » Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:40 pm

Good luck to all the Finalists

VolatileAeon
Org Profile

Post by VolatileAeon » Sat Feb 05, 2022 12:58 pm

Congrats to the Finalists, and good luck.
Those who didn't make it in, feel free to submit next year.

TheDestineeAMV
Org Profile

Post by TheDestineeAMV » Mon Feb 07, 2022 6:42 pm

Whoo, nice to see three of my babies made it! Good luck to all the other finalists too!

Studio Hawk
Org Profile

Post by Studio Hawk » Sun Feb 20, 2022 6:30 pm

Winners have been added to the second post :)

SilkAMV
Org Profile

Post by SilkAMV » Mon Feb 21, 2022 7:08 am

This is the first time I've ever won Best in Show! Thank you!

CrystalMoon7290
Org Profile

Post by CrystalMoon7290 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:13 pm

I got runner up! Wish it won, but I'm glad it was close!

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:40 pm

CrystalMoon7290 wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:13 pm
Omg I've seen your video and I absolutely lost my mind I was laughing so hard. Do you have it on YouTube?

TnAdct1
Org Profile

Post by TnAdct1 » Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:37 am

CrystalMoon7290 wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:13 pm
This was one video I was looking forward in checking out in the Saturday Morning Contest once I realized what the audio source is from. While there's definitely some spots where the editing could be tighter, the song definitely felt like something that would work perfectly in DBZ Abridged.

A few notes from the contest, as I attended the Friday showing of the Main Contest, the Saturday Morning Contest, and the AMV Blender portion of the Saturday showing (No NSFW showing for me this year, due to a number of factors concerning how I attend cons, especially in a COVID-19 world):
  • As I mentioned on Twitter, this year Katsucon went digital in terms of voting. While a list of the videos that were played was available after each showing, all the voting was done via smartphone and QR codes. While there was a couple of hang-ups, voting worked well for me.
  • I submitted two of my shorter videos that I made during the pandemic to the Blender. Personally, there was a much better response to my Bofuri/Gamera video in the less-crowded Friday showing than on Saturday, as I did hear someone enjoying the cuteness of Syrup and another recognizing the Bofuri source (seriously, you should give Bofuri a chance, as it's not only hilarious, but it also one of the most "realistic" takes of anime involving VRMMORPG out there). BTW, were there any extra videos that appeared in the NSFW showing of the AMV Blender (for reasons that I'll get to later)?
  • Outside of the Action category (I went with the Runner-Up instead), I definitely agreed with the category winners for the main category. Heck, I was even close to voting for Sucker for Science until I was reminded that DoplplerDo's Utena video was also in the category.
  • After watching the Contest, I really wished the nomination period of the a-m-v.org Awards lasted until after Katsucon, because I would have easilly nominated Dr. Perseverance in the Sentimental category.
  • In terms of Romance in the Saturday Morning contest, I figured that it was going to be a competition between the two Dragon Maid videos. That said, it was nice to my video come out on top, especially when I heard that one person became interested in checking out Dragon Maid after seeing my video (also worth checking out is the Kanna spin-off manga, which has even more adorable Kanna/Saikawa moments).
Finally, I've been working on a Youtube playlist of the contest videos. There's a number of videos missing (I know my Sleepy Princess submission for AMV Blender is missing thanks to the idiots of Molebeat). However, I want to update the list once others' videos posted (I'm with Rider4Z when it comes to the DBZ/Pebble and the Penguin video needing to be posted).

Return to “AMV Contests”