ConnectiCon XVIII AMV Contest - DEADLINE SEPTEMBER 9TH

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
drewaconclusion
What this is, I don't even...
Org Profile

Re: ConnectiCon XVIII AMV Contest - DEADLINE SEPTEMBER 9TH

Post by drewaconclusion » Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:45 am

l33tmeatwad wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:33 am
Looks like in the past they've been pretty good at keeping up with their threads
The long-time people running it all resigned several years back.
ImageImage

RevyLagoon
Org Profile

Post by RevyLagoon » Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:04 pm

animefan1 wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:01 am
Hey, I went on the website a little while ago, I couldn’t find anything about the entries. I’m curious, because I submitted two videos. If you could post who the finalists were and results and stuff, I would greatly appreciate it.
I was there watching it, from what I recall "bakugo set on fire" won a lot, perfect blue, some sad anime for romance, dr stone won best in show "bake a cake"

(Also lowkey hopes someone posts the whole list because I'm trying to remember the song from the nagatoro fmv for romance and drawing a blank)

SilkAMV
Org Profile

Post by SilkAMV » Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:59 am

RevyLagoon wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:04 pm
animefan1 wrote:
Hey, I went on the website a little while ago, I couldn’t find anything about the entries. I’m curious, because I submitted two videos. If you could post who the finalists were and results and stuff, I would greatly appreciate it.
I was there watching it, from what I recall "bakugo set on fire" won a lot, perfect blue, some sad anime for romance, dr stone won best in show "bake a cake"

(Also lowkey hopes someone posts the whole list because I'm trying to remember the song from the nagatoro fmv for romance and drawing a blank)
Can you confirm this video won the action category?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riX-mLQPesU

It did according to one of the comments, but that's far from official confirmation.

RevyLagoon
Org Profile

Post by RevyLagoon » Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:22 pm

SilkAMV wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:59 am
RevyLagoon wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:04 pm
animefan1 wrote:

Can you confirm this video won the action category?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riX-mLQPesU

It did according to one of the comments, but that's far from official confirmation.
I remember seeing that one! Think the bakugo fmv won "editor choice" or somethin, but witch won action. Was confused because I was thinking "wait 2 actions won awards? Ok"

SilkAMV
Org Profile

Post by SilkAMV » Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:41 am

RevyLagoon wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:22 pm
I remember seeing that one! Think the bakugo fmv won "editor choice" or somethin, but witch won action. Was confused because I was thinking "wait 2 actions won awards? Ok"
Thanks. I'm as surprised as L33tmeatwad that the contest happened at all, considering the deadline to submit was the day of the contest. That must have been a legendary scramble. I'm happy to have won, but if they don't officially announce the results, and then they have the same deadline next year, I don't think I'll submit, even if it is my home-state con.

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:32 am

I'm surprised, but not completely surprised. They could have just thrown together something whether they actually had time to check out all the submissions or not and I assume the judges picked the winners, because I have my doubts that they had time to make ballots for an audience vote considering the deadline...but I could be wrong. That said, considering the radio silence I doubt we'll ever know.
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

RevyLagoon
Org Profile

Post by RevyLagoon » Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:07 am

SilkAMV wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:41 am
RevyLagoon wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:22 pm
Thanks. I'm as surprised as L33tmeatwad that the contest happened at all, considering the deadline to submit was the day of the contest. That must have been a legendary scramble. I'm happy to have won, but if they don't officially announce the results, and then they have the same deadline next year, I don't think I'll submit, even if it is my home-state con.
Yeah, my home state con too. I tried submitting but they don't take YouTube links, first time trying something like this. Gonna try anime new York next for a submission with Google drive.

Zeonic Freak
Org Profile

Post by Zeonic Freak » Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:52 am

I wonder if they decided winners by just posting names on a wall and throwing darts at them.

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:37 pm

RevyLagoon wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:07 am
Yeah, my home state con too. I tried submitting but they don't take YouTube links, first time trying something like this. Gonna try anime new York next for a submission with Google drive.
You'll find the not accepting of YouTube links to be a common rule for amv contests. Coordinators typically need the files on hand for a playlist of some kind, not just playing back multiple YouTube links for an audience.

Phlashbak
is a failure
Org Profile

Post by Phlashbak » Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:52 pm

I had a comment on one of my YT videos about being picked for something but it could be made up for all I know.

Return to “AMV Contests”