Post by PrincessMareep » Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:56 am

CLOSED! JUDGING PENDING

Categories for the contest are as follows:

Action
Romance/Sentimental
Upbeat
Drama
Comedy/Parody

You may submit up to 3 videos, to 3 separate categories.

We do ask that your video submissions be made AFTER November 2019!

Submission guidelines and rules are as follows:

1) This should go without saying, but plagiarism will NOT be tolerated! Any attempt to submit the work belonging to anyone other than yourself will result in you being BLACKLISTED PERMANENTLY!!!

2) We prefer entries to be submitted in a .mp4 format (no quicktime, please) and with a 720p to 1080p resolution. This ensures quality for you and the contest.

3) PLEASE ONLY submit your video through GOOGLE DRIVE OR DROPBOX! If you submit any other way your submission will be viewed as null and void.

4) NO BUMPERS OR CREDITS permitted! We will provide title screens to introduce each entry for the finals. This includes an editor names and video titles being placed before, after, or anywhere in your video as well.

5) The contest IS PG-13, but the following excessive materials are NOT allowed: blatant nudity, excessive blood with major dismemberment of ANY kind, overly foul language/lyrics, racial or verbal obscenities, and any form of suicide. Videos with this content will be immediately disqualified. If the content is questionable it will be put in a special screening to see if it’s acceptable for showing to a con audience.

6) That being said, we reserve the right to reject any video for any reason. Rules are subject to change at ANY time.

7) Submissions with significant audio or visual degradation, watermarks, logos (THIS INCLUDES ANIME TITLES), and Japanese-produced credits (ex opening and closing credits), or fan-produced (fansub) or licensed subtitles, will not be accepted and result in automatic disqualification. We will accept Japanese audio of an anime HOWEVER English audio is not allowed due to legalities.

8) Entries must be at least 1 minute in length and not to exceed 5 minutes, 30 seconds running time. They must contain at least 75% Japanese animation. We will not accept entries with ‘faux’ anime (ex: Castlevania, Blood of Zeus, Legend of Korra)

9) DVD copies of the contest will not be available due to legal concerns. The contest will also NOT be streamed for the same reasons.

10) PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE put your submission forms in a .txt document and attach it to your email submission along with the link to your entry. ALL txt documents and AMV submissions should be titled as such ” CATEGORY – EDITOR – AMV NAME “. This makes it easier on us for organizational purposes!!!

Submission Form is as Follows:

You must include a separate form for EACH AMV that you submit. YOUR ENTRY(IES) WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED WITHOUT THIS FORM! The form should be submitted as a .txt file that contains the following information:

– Title of AMV
– Full legal name
– Nickname/Editor name/production studio name if applicable
– Mailing address *Optional; If you want to disclose where the amv was made from
– Telephone number (including area code) *Optional; used to contact if absolutely needed
– Email address
– Song title(s), artist(s), and recording label(s)
– Name of source video footage
– Name of category you are submitting to

You must include ALL of that information before your video will be considered for the contest. If you are unsure about any of the information please look it up, as it is all crucial information. Submit all entries or questions to the email: amv@nekocon.com

11) Winners will be announced during a formal award show at the convention. For the winners, their awards will be emailed as a .pdf out after the convention. We are focused on going green this year and avoiding as much physical contact with things as possible! Please allow for a week after the convention for your awards to be emailed to said winners

Now that you’ve made it this far...

DEADLINE IS OCTOBER 10TH AT 11:59PM EST!!! Have fun and get to editing!
Last edited by PrincessMareep on Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
“The flower that blooms in adversity is the rarest and most beautiful of all.” ✿

PrincessMareep
Org Profile

Re: Nekocon 2021 AMV Contest!!

Post by PrincessMareep » Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:43 am

Hey all! Just giving a small life update on my end.

I'm currently scheduled to have a full hip replacement surgery at the end of this month. Due to this, my confirmation emails I normally send out may be a bit delayed! I will be checking my email of course, but I also need to focus on my recovery.

Thank you all for understanding and I can't wait to see more amazing entries!!!!!
“The flower that blooms in adversity is the rarest and most beautiful of all.” ✿

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Fri Aug 20, 2021 6:57 pm

PrincessMareep wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:43 am
Hey all! Just giving a small life update on my end.

I'm currently scheduled to have a full hip replacement surgery at the end of this month. Due to this, my confirmation emails I normally send out may be a bit delayed! I will be checking my email of course, but I also need to focus on my recovery.

Thank you all for understanding and I can't wait to see more amazing entries!!!!!
Oh dear! Take care :bear:

Zeonic Freak
Org Profile

Post by Zeonic Freak » Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:02 am

I was curious if you received any submissions from me? I checked through my email but nothing came up.

PrincessMareep
Org Profile

Post by PrincessMareep » Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:26 am

Zeonic Freak wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:02 am
I was curious if you received any submissions from me? I checked through my email but nothing came up.
As of this morning (8:25 EST) I've replied to all my emails. I don't seem to have anything from you. Please feel free to re-submit!!

Zeonic Freak
Org Profile

Post by Zeonic Freak » Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:22 am

Just sent two in, thanks for the update.

DopplerDo
Org Profile

Post by DopplerDo » Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:59 pm

Came in hot at the last minute! Rock and roll, PM :p!

PerkyPastry
Org Profile

Post by PerkyPastry » Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:37 am

Whoops, there goes my last chance at a Sentimental category this year T_T

PrincessMareep
Org Profile

Post by PrincessMareep » Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:59 am

Hey I'm going through the last minute entries right now and sending the last of my emails back!

The goal is to have the videos judged this week and have the results to you guys by next week. I super appreciate everyone's patience with me running the contest this year while recovering from my surgery. I usually always do this one solo so it has been a LOT but I love doing it cause I'm silly and crazy and love AMVs like that!

Much love to you all and best of luck!!!

PrincessMareep
Org Profile

Re: Nekocon 2021 AMV Contest! [Closed, Judging Pending]

Post by PrincessMareep » Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:45 pm

Alright everyone! Here it is! Your finalists for this year's contest!!!

ACTION
SilkAMV
Yuko770
Silent Hero Studios
DopplerDo
drewaconclusion

DRAMA
NGSilver
Synaesthesia Productions
TheDestineeAMV
lokkiclu
DopplerDo

ROMANCE/SENTIMENTAL
Silent Hero Studios
lokkiclu
Moonpie
Moonlight Soldier
Dopplerdo

UPBEAT

Moonpie
TheDestineeAMV
Phlashback
Shizaya
drewaconclusion

COMEDY/PARODY

l33tmeatwad
ZeonicFreak
Shinji-Makochan
Pixelblended Studios
Veravero

Thank you to everyone who submitted! Everyone's hard work is always appreciated!
Nekocon will be held from November 5th - 7th and the winners will be posted after the convention date asap!
Best of luck to everyone!

Return to “AMV Contests”