WE'LL DO IT LIVE! - Otakon 2021 AMV Contest/Theater Info

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
VicBond007
Org Profile

Re: WE'LL DO IT LIVE! - Otakon 2021 AMV Contest/Theater Info

Post by VicBond007 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:38 am

VRSaskayzx wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:57 pm
I didn't see this but are there any rules against editors adding their name as a watermark to the video? thinking of submitting an older video but I tend to add those to deal with video theft on youtube. for references in my case it is a 50% opacity small white watermark on the bottom right of the video.

sorry for the silly question and thanks.
It won't be disqualified, but it will also likely be judged harshly since watermarks tend to be distracting.

We don't distribute videos. I don't even send them to our judges. I force them to come to my house. Not to say that a leak still can't happen, but as far as I know, hasn't yet.
"With free bagels we can live like Kings!...Kings who have to pay for their own castle in order to get the free bagels!" - Omar Jenkins

TnAdct1
Org Profile

Post by TnAdct1 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:21 pm

Finally got around to submit the idea for an AMV Panel I wanted to do at Otakon.

Things to do now:
1. Complete my entry from the AMV Contest (about halfway done with it);
2. Get an idea of who will be at the con so that way I could do some additional planning to AMV Panel that I submitted.

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:05 am

TnAdct1 wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:21 pm
Finally got around to submit the idea for an AMV Panel I wanted to do at Otakon.

Things to do now:
1. Complete my entry from the AMV Contest (about halfway done with it);
2. Get an idea of who will be at the con so that way I could do some additional planning to AMV Panel that I submitted.
I want to go and do a panel too but it depends on if I can find a reasonable plane ticket price. :uhoh:

VicBond007
Org Profile

Post by VicBond007 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:15 am

I thought flights were still cheap, considering that nowadays there seems to be a 1% chance that your flight will get redirected due to an unruly passenger :-/
"With free bagels we can live like Kings!...Kings who have to pay for their own castle in order to get the free bagels!" - Omar Jenkins

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:32 pm

VicBond007 wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:15 am
I thought flights were still cheap, considering that nowadays there seems to be a 1% chance that your flight will get redirected due to an unruly passenger :-/
If you can find a cheap flight out of LAX let me know :arrow:

Silvercoat
Org Profile

Post by Silvercoat » Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:56 am

Looking forward to any panels you guys come up with (I am thirsty for sage AMV knowledge). Would love to be able to take up that IE invite one of these days when I am deemed worthy (and confident in my editor abilities)

This will be my 3rd time to Otakon (previously 2010 & 2013) and I made sure to hit up IE each time. Hopefully one day I will find the video I saw which was done to the "Girls Kick Ass" theme.

Also loved the capability of being able to watch all of the AMV's on the giant screen when it was in Baltimore. DC will be a new experience.

Good luck on everyone's submissions and getting ready for panels. Otakon should be a blast (taking the wife for the first time) and I need something to satisfy the AMV need until AWA (see you guys at AWA too :P)
I hope life is not a joke, if it is, I dont get it.

FailToilet
Org Profile

Post by FailToilet » Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:19 am

Can i still register with my amv?

TnAdct1
Org Profile

Post by TnAdct1 » Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:02 am

FailToilet wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:19 am
Can i still register with my amv?
As the contest deadline is July 4th, you still have time to register your video.

(still has to finish the idea that he's working on)

SailorTardis
Org Profile

Post by SailorTardis » Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:42 pm

I have a question about logos? I included the title screen in my Madoka Magica AMV, is that allowed or is that something that will get me disqualified?

As in I kept the title from the opening sequence.
"Of course! Don't you know anything about science?"

VicBond007
Org Profile

Post by VicBond007 » Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:02 am

SailorTardis wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:42 pm
I have a question about logos? I included the title screen in my Madoka Magica AMV, is that allowed or is that something that will get me disqualified?

As in I kept the title from the opening sequence.
That's fine. It's in the original source. If it DOES end up being problematic, you'll be given a chance to edit it out.

Return to “AMV Contests”