Zenkaikon 2021's AMV Contest [WINNERS POSTED!!]

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
PrincessMareep
Org Profile

Zenkaikon 2021's AMV Contest [WINNERS POSTED!!]

Post by PrincessMareep » Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:12 pm

Hello all and welcome to the official rules for the 2021 AMV Contest! Regardless if the convention itself is able to have a physical con or a digital one, we will still hold a contest no matter what!! We're stubborn like that, and the show must go one!

Now, for the contest details...

Our categories are as follows:

Action
Romance/Sentimental
Upbeat
Drama
Comedy/Parody
Free Range Fandom

NEW DEADLINE IS NOW FEBUARY 7TH AT 11:59PM EST

You may submit up to 3 videos, to 3 separate categories.

Submission guidelines are as follows:

All submissions must meet the following standards

Format
- 1920 x 1080, 1280 x 720, 720 x 480 resolution (16:9) or no less than 640x480 (4:3)
- 23.976 and 29.97 are strongly preferred; 24, 25, 59.94, and 60 are also acceptable.
- Non-Interlaced video (Progressive)
- 32000, 41000, or 48000 Hz audio

Video
- MPEG 2
- Uncompressed avi
- Divx avi
- Xvid avi
- MP4 (no Quicktime-formatted videos will be accepted)

Audio:
- Uncompressed wav (PCM)
- MPEG audio (mp3, mp2, etc.)

Submission rules are as follows:

1) This should go without saying, but plagiarism will NOT be tolerated! Any attempt to submit the work belonging to anyone other than yourself will result in you being BLACKLISTED PERMANENTLY!!!

2) ALL entries must adhere the format above

3) PLEASE ONLY submit your video through GOOGLE DRIVE OR DROPBOX! If you submit any other way your submission will be viewed as null and void.

4) NO BUMPERS or CREDITS permitted! We will provide the information to introduce each entry for the finals. This includes editor names and video titles being placed before, after, or anywhere in your video as well.

5) The contest IS PG-13 but the following excessive materials are NOT allowed: nudity, excessive blood, major dismemberment, overly foul language/lyrics, racial or verbal obscenities, and any form of suicide. Videos with this content will be immediately disqualified. If the content is questionable it will be put in a special screening to see if it’s acceptable for showing to a con audience.

6) That being said, we reserve the right to reject any video for any reason. Rules are subject to change at ANY time.

7) Submissions with significant audio or visual degradation, watermarks, logos (THIS INCLUDES ANIME TITLES), and Japanese-produced credits (ex opening and closing credits), or fan-produced (fansub) or licensed subtitles, will not be accepted and result in automatic disqualification. We will accept Japanese audio HOWEVER English audio is not allowed due to legalities.

8) Entries must be at least 1 minute in length and not to exceed 5 minutes, 30 seconds running time. They must contain at least 75% Japanese animation.

9) DVD copies of the contest will not be available due to legal concerns. HOWEVER, if you are there and would like an extra copy of the ballots you're more than welcome to one (if we have leftovers)

10) PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE put your submission forms in a .txt document and attach it to your email submission along with the link to your entry.

FREE RANGE FANDOM

All rules that apply to the other categories applies to this category as well. The only difference is you may use ANY non-anime footage for this. So if you have a Mandalorian , Avatar/Legend of Korra, Castlevania, ect video that you haven’t been able to submit to a con, now is your chance!

Submission Form is as Follows:

You must include a separate form for EACH AMV that you submit. YOUR ENTRY(IES) WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED WITHOUT THIS FORM! The form should be nothing more then a normal .txt file that contains the following information:

- Title of AMV
- Full legal name
- Nickname/Editor name/production studio name if applicable
- Mailing address
- Telephone number (including area code)
- Email address
- Song title(s), artist(s), and recording label(s)
- Name of source video footage
- Name of category you are submitting to

You must include ALL of that information before your video will be considered for the contest. If you are unsure about any of the information please look it up, as it is all crucial information. Submit all entries or questions to the following email: amv@Zenkaikon.com

11) Prizes will be presented during a formal award show at the convention. If the contestant is not attending or the convention itself can not be held in person, the prizes will be sent out after the convention.
Last edited by PrincessMareep on Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:25 pm, edited 4 times in total.
“The flower that blooms in adversity is the rarest and most beautiful of all.” ✿

PrincessMareep
Org Profile

Re: Zenkaikon 2021's AMV Contest [UPDATED!]

Post by PrincessMareep » Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:00 pm

We will be having a virtual contest this year confirmed. This will not change the submission process at all and we will update in the forum on where the AMV contest will be streamed!

Now keep bringing us those wonderful submissions!
“The flower that blooms in adversity is the rarest and most beautiful of all.” ✿

PrincessMareep
Org Profile

Re: Zenkaikon 2021's AMV Contest [DEADLINE EXTENDED!!!]

Post by PrincessMareep » Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:29 pm

Due to the org being down I'm extending the deadline! IT IS NOW FEBUARY 7TH AT 11:59PM EST!

In the event the org does go down again, the official Zenkaikon website has the rules and email avaliable to submit your amvs!

https://zenkaikon.com/events/amv-contest

Happy editing!

Tigrin
Org Profile

Post by Tigrin » Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:49 pm

I sent in a few things.

I never received my awards from last year, did those go out? I moved at the end of last year so my address is different now.

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:42 pm

Sent one in.
ImageImageImageImage

PrincessMareep
Org Profile

Post by PrincessMareep » Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:43 pm

Tigrin wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:49 pm
I sent in a few things.

I never received my awards from last year, did those go out? I moved at the end of last year so my address is different now.
I JUST found out today that they weren't sent out. I'm making sure they are getting sent out. Feel free to send your new address to the amv email so we can have a solid record of it. I apologize deeply for this!

Tigrin
Org Profile

Post by Tigrin » Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:44 pm

PrincessMareep wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:43 pm
Tigrin wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:49 pm
I sent in a few things.

I JUST found out today that they weren't sent out. I'm making sure they are getting sent out. Feel free to send your new address to the amv email so we can have a solid record of it. I apologize deeply for this!
Last year was crazy (heck it still is) so I totally understand. My new address is on the forms I sent over with my submissions for this year. :)

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:35 pm

sent 3

TnAdct1
Org Profile

Post by TnAdct1 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:50 pm

Sent one of my latest in.

Zeonic Freak