SMASH! 2020 AMV COMPETITION [WINNERS REVEALED]

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Empyreanous
Org Profile

SMASH! 2020 AMV COMPETITION [WINNERS REVEALED]

Post by Empyreanous » Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:26 am

** WINNERS REVEALED **
SMASH! 2020 AMV COMPETITION

Hi guys!

Thank you for your patience with us, especially during the People's Choice Award voting. We would also like to apologise for the delay in providing the results for the competition.

We are now ready to let you guys know and pleased to announce our winners of the SMASH! 2020 AMV Competition!

----------

Best Concept WINNER:
"Manic Melody" by BecauseImBored1

Judges' Choice WINNER:
"Turbo Killer" by Khalid

True Blue WINNER:
"Entropy" by Alderwick

People's Choice Award WINNER:
"Silver & Gold" by JSKing

----

Action WINNER:
"Conqueror" by Eric Ramirez

Action Runner-up:
"Manic Melody" by BecauseImBored1

Action Honourable Mentions:
"Go Beyond" by Elixir
"Slay Your Demons" by Pikapwn
"Kimetsu no Yaiba - Enemy" by Barryyy

----

Comedy/Parody WINNER:
"Diznee presents Kuroko's Basketball" by Pikapwn

Comedy/Parody Runner-up:
"Once Upon a Time in Ganymede" by ZeonicFreak

Comedy/Parody Honourable Mentions:
"Just Vibin'" by Synæsthesia
"Wishing Apple" by DopplerDo
"TDCOBB" by WhiteRabbit

----

Drama/Sentimental WINNER:
"Mothbitten" by Troubleclef

Drama/Sentimental Runner-up:
"Confessions of a Justified Killer" by DopplerDo

Drama/Sentimental Honourable Mentions:
"Zonia" by Nekroz
"Everlasting" by Egnaro & Elixir
"Eternal Love" by Eric Ramirez

----

Fun WINNER:
"Teenage Dream" by ValterRCP

Fun Runner-up:
"Happy Hour" by shorisquared

Fun Honourable Mentions:
"Dragon Dreamer" by Silent Hero Studios
"Bellecules - Family Muse" by WhiteRabbit
"Step On Up" by SasukeChanx

----

Horror/Psychologicial/Thriller WINNER:
"M A R A" by GK

Horror/Psychological/Thriller Runner-up:
"Entropy" by Alderwick

Horror/Psychological/Thriller Honourable Mentions:
"Everything in its Right Place" by Prostrate Constantly
"Night Sky" by Shizaya
"Count Dracula" by GiaQuando

----------

Please join us in congratulating all the winners, runner-ups and those who got honourable mentions!

For our winners and runner-ups, you will be getting an email from us within the next few days about your prizes, so stay tuned!

----------

Finally, we would like to say a HUGE thank you to everyone for your patience and understanding, especially considering the current pandemic we are currently facing. We admit that this year has not been one of our greatest competitions. However, we are proud that we were able to complete this competition 100% online. We would have loved to do more as well, but considering our resources and limitations - we gave it our best shot!

We always appreciate your feedback regardless, so if you would like to provide your feedback you can send it to amv@smash.org.au

This concludes the SMASH! AMV Competition for 2020, we hope to see you again soon! :D

- Renato, Chrystal, Anam

---

Open here for competition information:
Spoiler :

Introducing the SMASH! Anime Music Video Competition for 2020!
Sponsored by Anime@Abbotsford

Hi everyone!

Firstly, we would like to say a huge thank you to everyone who participated in last year’s SMASH! AMV Competition & Showcase! We had so much fun last year and we hope you all enjoyed it as well!

Secondly, we do apologise that we have not updated you all in while. Since the SMASH! Convention has been postponed for 2020 (due to COVID-19), we still wanted to keep the spirit of AMVs going. As a result, we are pleased to inform you that we have been able to continue with the SMASH! AMV Competition for 2020!

Over the last couple years, we did go exclusive in terms of the competition. After much feedback and reviewing the current situation, we have decided that we are removing the exclusivity tag - meaning that you can submit your AMV without having to worry about it being submitted into other competitions or being available online! :D

--------

This year, you will have the chance to win an award for being the BEST in the following categories:

• Action
• Comedy/Parody
• Drama/Sentimental
• Upbeat
• Horror/Psychological/Thriller

In addition, you will also have the chance to win a special award, including:

• People's Choice Award
• Judges' Choice Award
• True Blue Award (For Australian Entrants only)
• Best Concept Award
To find out more information, refer to the links below:

Information
Rules and Submissions Guidelines
AMV Submission Form

--------

When does the competition start: NOW!
When does the competition close: Sunday, 27th September 2020 @ 11:59 p.m. (AEST/UTC+10) (deadline for your timezone is at the end of this post)

--------

Regarding our SMASH! AMV Showcase - we will not be accepting entries for the showcase this year as we felt it would be unfair on everyone since we are not able to showcase the work at the convention. However, if you do submit your entry into the competition, we will have a website where we will be presenting all the AMVs! We will update you all with more details once we finalise the website.

To find out more information (including any changes to our competition), please refer our rules and submissions guidelines to ensure that you are fully aware of the requirements of your AMV before entering the SMASH! AMV Competition.

--------

That is all for now!

For those who choose to come back and enter our AMV Competition for this year – we welcome you back!

For those who are new, have a go and try out our competition! We appreciate your participation!

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us either at amv@smash.org.au, by direct messaging myself on the forums, or simply feel free to leave a message on this thread and we will get back to you ASAP!

We are looking forward to receiving your entry for this year! And if you do choose to participate - we wish you all the best and good luck! :)

- SMASH! AMV Team

--------

What time is the deadline in your end? Find out below!

UTC+/0 - Sunday, 27 September 2020 @ 1:59 p.m.
Cities include: Reykjavik

UTC+1 - Sunday, 27 September 2020 @ 2:59 p.m.
Cities include: London, Dublin, Lisbon

UTC+2 - Sunday, 27 September 2020 @ 3:59 p.m.
Cities include: Paris, Frankfurt, Rome, Madrid, Zurich, Johannesburg

UTC+3 - Sunday, 27 September 2020 @ 4:59 p.m.
Cities include: Sofia, Athens, Helsinki, Bucharest, Istanbul

UTC+4 - Sunday, 27 September 2020 @ 5:59 p.m.
Cities include: Moscow, Dubai

UTC+5 - Sunday, 27 September 2020 @ 6:59 p.m.
Cities include: Karachi, Islamabad

UTC+5:30 - Sunday, 27 September 2020 @ 7:29 p.m.
Cities include: New Delhi, Mumbai

UTC+6 - Sunday, 27 September 2020 @ 7:59 p.m.
Cities include: Yangon

UTC+7 - Sunday, 27 September 2020 @ 8:59 p.m.
Cities include: Bangkok

UTC+8 - Sunday, 27 September 2020 @ 9:59 p.m.
Cities include: Perth, Singapore, Manila, Hong Kong, Beijing, Kuala Lumpur

UTC+9 - Sunday, 27 September 2020 @ 10:59 p.m.
Cities include: Tokyo, Seoul

UTC+9:30 - Sunday, 27 September 2020 @ 11:29 p.m.
Cities include: Adelaide, Darwin

UTC+10 - Sunday, 27 September 2020 @ 11:59 p.m.
Cities include: Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra, Hobart

UTC+12 - Monday, 28 September 2020 @ 1:59 a.m.
Cities include: Auckland, Wellington

UTC-10 - Sunday, 27 September @ 3:59 a.m.
Cities include: Honolulu

UTC-8 - Sunday, 27 September 2020 @ 5:59 a.m.
Cities include: Anchorage

UTC-7 (Pacific Daylight Time) - Sunday, 27 September 2020 @ 6:59 a.m.
Cities include: Los Angeles, Seattle, Vancouver, Phoenix

UTC-6 (Mountain Daylight Time) - Sunday, 27 September 2020 @ 7:59 a.m.
Cities include: Calgary, Edmonton, Denver, Tegucigalpa

UTC-5 (Central Daylight Time) - Sunday, 27 September 2020 @ 8:59 a.m.
Cities include: Chicago, Houston, New Orleans, Winnipeg, Bogota

UTC-4 (Eastern Daylight Time) - Sunday, 27 September 2020 @ 9:59 a.m.
Cities include: Atlanta, Boston, New York, Washington DC, Toronto, Santiago

UTC-3 - Sunday, 27 September 2020 @ 10:59 a.m.
Cities include: Halifax, Buenos Aires, Sao Paolo, Rio de Janeiro
Last edited by Empyreanous on Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:33 am, edited 7 times in total.
Assistant AMV Co-ordinator
AMV Department
SMASH! (Sydney Manga and Anime Show)

Renato
Org Profile

Re: SMASH! 2020 AMV COMPETITION **NOW OPENED**

Post by Renato » Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:48 am

Good morning, afternoon and evening folks!

This is Renato, the AMV Co-ordinator for the SMASH! AMV Competition. Thank you to dear Empyreanous, my fellow assistant AMV Co-ordinator for formally opening and introducing the competition to the org community!

I would like to extend this personal note to all of you as I feel I've been wanting to say this for a long time.

2020 has been full of ups and downs for all of us around the world, and for us working at SMASH!, our beloved con had to be cancelled due to COVID-19 which is a blow to us (and for many cons around the world), however when we found out that the con would not go ahead, us at the AMV team made the decision quickly to continue with the AMV competition and with the blessings of our higher ups, we proudly present this competition to you dear AMV editors.

You guys have been entertaining and inspiring our local editors here for the last 14 years and the work you guys pull off is nothing short of amazing. Over the last 11 years as the co-ordinator, I have had many people (regardless whether they were an editor or an attendee) come up to me and ask about some of your work and who you were. Nothing makes me more happy than when I tell them who you editors are and telling them the amount of time and effort you put into your work (And of course, helping them find your YouTube account online when possible :rofl: ).

On my 12th year as an AMV co-ordinator, I continue to welcome you into the SMASH! AMV Competition and while we are doing things a little different this year, we hope this competition will be as great as the previous years. That's why I want to say a big THANK YOU to all you editors (whether you are Australian or from Overseas) for entering the competition in the past years; showcasing your epic editing skills and most importantly, entertaining our local AMV community (and to the general public as well). Without you the editors, without your constant feedback and without your epic AMVs, the SMASH! AMV Competition would not have grown to what it is today. And if the current environment improves here in Sydney, we hope to proudly show of your works on the big screen again sometime in the not so distant future.

So, if you got some spare time in lockdown, or if you have some epic works that you have made within the last year that you would like to showcase and compete, please come and enter the SMASH! AMV Competition! We look forward to your works! ;)

Myself, Empyreanous and Chrystal will be lingering around this topic and will happily answer your questions if you have any! ^_^

Good luck, and once again, thank you all.

Kind regards,

Renato

P.S. As I write this, were getting a number of entries already, allow us 24-72 hours to get back to you but hopefully we can reply sooner!

Empyreanous
Org Profile

Post by Empyreanous » Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:42 pm

Hi everyone! :D

First of all, we would like to say thank you for your patience with us so far! I do apologise if we have been a bit slow at responses, but we are looking to review entries and respond back to emails within a 24 - 72 hour timeframe. If you don't receive a response within that time, then feel free to send us email again.

Also, just wanted to mention that there was just 3 weeks left for entering our competition!

Remember that our deadline is Sunday, 27th September 2020 @ 11:59 p.m. (AEST/UTC+10).

We hope you are doing well and please feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions or issues! :D
AMV Department

Cirera
Org Profile

Post by Cirera » Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:56 am

Hi Renato and Empyreanous! So glad to see SMASH! is up and running again.

I'm sorry if I missed this in any of the information you guys have up but when is the contest itself? It says results will be up in October, but I can't seem to find info on the rest.

Empyreanous
Org Profile

Post by Empyreanous » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:24 am

Cirera wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:56 am
Hi Renato and Empyreanous! So glad to see SMASH! is up and running again.

I'm sorry if I missed this in any of the information you guys have up but when is the contest itself? It says results will be up in October, but I can't seem to find info on the rest.
Hi Cirera!

Thank you for your question and no need to apologise at all :D Since we are doing it online, we will be announcing the winners online on Sunday 18th October 2020. We are still finalising the details itself, but we will update you very soon!

Also, sorry about this - I just realised we only mentioned it on our rules and guidelines and not on our main page or in the post. That was actually my bad, so sorry again :(

Hope this answers your questions :)
AMV Department

Empyreanous
Org Profile

Post by Empyreanous » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:18 am

Hi guys! We have just under a week until our deadline. So, if you haven't entered yet and you are still interested, make sure you enter your AMV before Sunday, 27th September 2020 @ 11:59 p.m. (AEST/UTC+10)
AMV Department

Renato
Org Profile

Post by Renato » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:37 am

Hi guys! 5 days to go till the deadline! If you haven't submitted yet and got some works to show off and possible win, please come and enter! :D

Silent Hero Studios
Org Profile

Post by Silent Hero Studios » Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:34 pm

Did you receive my entries yet?
Silent. Heroic. But never both.

Empyreanous
Org Profile

Post by Empyreanous » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:09 pm

Silent Hero Studios wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:34 pm
Did you receive my entries yet?
Hi there,

We did receive it! :D You should have received two emails from us. If you haven't please let me know and I'll be in contact with you directly.
AMV Department

Renato
Org Profile

Re: SMASH! 2020 AMV COMPETITION **NOW OPENED** - ONE DAY LEFT TO ENTER!

Post by Renato » Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:36 am

Hi guys!

It's the last day and we are receiving a load of entries right now so thank you very much for entering!

Just incase, if you have not received a confirmation email from us after the deadline, that is ok! We are in the process of personally reviewing all these entries and you will definitely here from us! :)

At the time of this writing, only roughly 7.5 hours to till the deadline! The comp is still open folks if you wish to enter! :mrgreen:

Return to “AMV Contests”