Kawaii Kon Virtual 2020 - Virtual Fan Contest

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
808-buma
Org Profile

Kawaii Kon Virtual 2020 - Virtual Fan Contest

Post by 808-buma » Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:56 pm

Sadly, Kawaii Kon X Comic Con Honolulu mega-con has been cancelled due to the current ongoing pandemic: however, we are now holding a 3-day virtual convention running from 25-27 September 2020, and of course the VAST will be represented! And to make it as fun and interactive as possible with all our attendees, we have decided to run the Video Art Virtual Fan Contest (or the VFC for short).

Video Art VFC Rules, full version

Who Can Enter?
The contest is open to all participants. Please read and understand all the rules listed below.

What can I enter?
Video art is defined as a video production work of editing, mixing audio sources (mostly, but not limited to, music) and video sources (again mostly, but not limited to, anime). Original production video art is welcome and encouraged. Live action and/or self-animated works (by computer or otherwise) are also welcome.

As this is an online fan contest, family friendly entries are required: in other words, if you can’t show it to your non-progressive, traditional grandma-type figure who always bakes you the best chocolate cookies you’ve ever had kinda person, then it’s probably not ‘family friendly’.

To enter, you must be the creator (or one of the creators if it is a multi-editor project) of the video production work being entered. You may not enter a video that you did not create nor can you enter a video anonymously. For the VFC, there is a limit of two (2) videos per entrant / group.

The only exclusion is for videos that have been sent to previous Kawaii Kon contests: these videos are ineligible for competition.

Where can I enter?
Because this will be a virtual event, we are drastically changing the entry format. For the VFC, all submissions must be uploaded to a Youtube account and have the video set to be publicly shared. Entrants will be placed into a playlist and run as a ‘watch party’ type event for the premier, and kept up during the entire convention for encore viewings.

When can I enter?
Video submissions will be accepted starting NOW! Entry form link is below in the "how do I enter" section.
Entries will be accepted until 15 September 2020 @11:59pm HST.

Why do I enter?
For fame, for glory, for the adulation of the crowds… well maybe not those, but for the fun of it maybe? Really, this one is pretty much for bragging rights this year - we want to showcase your works to our virtual audience and “ooh and aah” over it, so show us what you got!

How do I enter?
To enter your video, you must submit a completed online entry form along with your video entries: one form for up to the maximum video entries allowed.

Note: If submitting a multi-editor project, list all the editors in the real name and editor name sections in the same order, with the contact person as the first person listed. For the email address, only the contact person’s information is required.

The VAST Department will send you a confirmation email when your entry is received and tested to properly play back on Youtube.

Video Submissions:
As stated above, please upload your entries to a Youtube account and have the video(es) set to be either ‘public’ or ‘unlisted’, allowing us to add them to our playlist. Once uploaded, use the “share” link and post that into your entry form.

There are no file naming requirements, nor are there any restrictions on bumpers, screen titles, credits or other forms of creator / footage / audio identification, etc.

Lastly, as we will be working directly off your Youtube upload, please ensure that your uploaded entry’s audio and video quality are acceptable to you before you submit it to the VFC. The fans will be voting from your uploaded file, so make sure it’s good!

Final Notes
By submitting your video to this contest, you authorize Kawaii Kon staff to screen and distribute it under the Kawaii Kon and / or Kawaii Kon Video Art Showcase Theater (VAST) Contest title. Kawaii Kon staff reserves the right to disqualify entries for any reason deemed necessary to protect the overall quality and integrity of the event. Entries may be disqualified for any of the following reasons: objectionable content, low quality video / audio, failure to adhere to the contest rules, and / or at the discretion of the Video & VAST Department.

If you have any questions or concerns on any of the above, please feel free to contact us at
vast@kawaiikon.com

Thank you for participating and good luck to all!

ProjectTwinsAMV
Org Profile

Re: Kawaii Kon Virtual 2020 - Virtual Fan Contest

Post by ProjectTwinsAMV » Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:25 pm

Whats the freshness date for a video?
2015 - 2023 AMV Saboten Con AMV Manager
2019 - 2020 Kikori Con AMV Manager

808-buma
Org Profile

Post by 808-buma » Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:27 pm

ProjectTwinsAMV wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:25 pm
Hey there, no freshness date - but we always wanna see newer stuff hehe. Thx!

ProjectTwinsAMV
Org Profile

Post by ProjectTwinsAMV » Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:37 pm

808-buma wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:27 pm
ProjectTwinsAMV wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:25 pm
Hey there, no freshness date - but we always wanna see newer stuff hehe. Thx!
Got it :up:
2015 - 2023 AMV Saboten Con AMV Manager
2019 - 2020 Kikori Con AMV Manager

808-buma
Org Profile

Post by 808-buma » Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:37 pm

Hello all - this one's more popular than we thought! Cool, keep them coming! This is your 2 week + 1 day notification before the deadline - get those entries in and thx all for participating at KK-Virtual 2020!

808-buma
Org Profile

Post by 808-buma » Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:16 pm

Hello all - 1 week reminder
thx to everyone who has entered and look forward to seeing everyone's entries!

Cirera
Org Profile

Post by Cirera » Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:59 am

I sent two! Had a note I wanted to add about my other entry, the song is Finnish so please inform whoever needs to know that subtitles are added onto the YouTube video. I can also send a hard-subbed version if needed or wanted.
Thanks! :3

808-buma
Org Profile

Post by 808-buma » Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:59 am

Cirera wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:59 am
I sent two! Had a note I wanted to add about my other entry, the song is Finnish so please inform whoever needs to know that subtitles are added onto the YouTube video. I can also send a hard-subbed version if needed or wanted.
Thanks! :3
Hey there - hmm, as this is a fan-judged event, maybe we'd need to note this on the entry form. Thx for the heads up and good luck!

808-buma
Org Profile

Post by 808-buma » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:18 am

Hey all, LAST DAY for entries! Thx so much for all of you who've already entered!

E_01
Org Profile

Post by E_01 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:10 pm

Any news about this contest?

Return to “AMV Contests”