Abunai! 2022 International and 18+ AMV Competition - Deadline: December 19th 2021

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
MarikoAMV
Org Profile

Abunai! 2022 International and 18+ AMV Competition - Deadline: December 19th 2021

Post by MarikoAMV » Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:38 am

Due to the great success in 2019 we are hosting the second edition of our International AMV Competition! And because it’s Abunai!’s eighteenth edition we are also hosting an 18+ AMV Competition and we’re looking for entries for both competitions!

Abunai! 2022: The Good, The Bad and The Cheeky is the enhanced eighteenth edition of the Netherlands’ cheekiest convention. We’re ready to celebrate our coming-of-age big time. 2022’s theme is Space Western, get ready to explore what’s actually beyond the stars. Our three-day convention will be held at NH Hotel Koningshof in Veldhoven (NL) on the last weekend of August, from February 18 – 20.

For the International AMV Competition: you can enter three AMVs in the following categories: Action, Comedy, Dance/Fun, Drama/Romance and Conceptual. The Conceptual category is for AMVs that do not belong to any of the other mentioned categories. They may, for example, focus on a mood or aesthetic, or merely focus on showcasing editing skills matching the music.
For more information on the rules: https://abunaicon.nl/things-to-do/amv/i ... mpetition/
To sign up please visit: https://forms.gle/DioEns6e4kNc9joF7

For the 18+ AMV Competition: you can enter one AMV, be aware that your source usage needs to be in accordance with the Dutch law. This includes, but is not limited to the following, which we must emphasize. No depiction of minors in sexual situations is allowed to be included in your entry. Content showing animals in sexual situations with humans is not allowed.
For more information on the rules: https://abunaicon.nl/things-to-do/amv/1 ... mpetition/
To sign up please visit: https://forms.gle/eQrYTL5FhkjhtXPz5

Here is a small overview of the rules:
- The submission deadline is Sunday, the 19th of December 2021 at 23:59:59 (GMT+1).
- All submitted AMVs must have been finished or premiered after the 12th of July 2019.
- The maximum length is five minutes (excluding into/outro).
- Collabs and MEPs are allowed!
- Title bumper/credits are not allowed. If you submit an AMV with a title bumper or credits we will request you submit a clean version. A title card will be added by us for the convention.

We look forward to your entries! In case of any questions you can email me at lydia@stichtingabunai.nl
Last edited by MarikoAMV on Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:37 am, edited 7 times in total.

MarikoAMV
Org Profile

Re: Abunai! 2020 International and 18+ AMV Competition - Deadline: July 11th 2021

Post by MarikoAMV » Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:33 pm

I would like to remind you that you have exactly 3 months left before the deadline!

Currently we have 6 entries in the following categories:
Action - 0
Comedy - 1
Conceptual - 1
Dance/Fun - 0
Drama/Romance - 4

18+ - 0

Last but not least I would like to wish you all a happy easter :D <3
Last edited by MarikoAMV on Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

MarikoAMV
Org Profile

Re: Abunai! 2021 International and 18+ AMV Competition - Deadline: July 11th 2021

Post by MarikoAMV » Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:30 pm

I would like to thank everyone that has submitted an AMV thus far. The Dutch Government sadly decided that all large-scale events planned up until September 1, 2020 are forbidden to take place. As Abunai! would actually take place 28-30 August 2020, we sadly had to postpone the event. The 18th edition of Abunai! will now take place on 27-29 August 2021.

I have thought of many different options, but eventually decided the following for the AMV Competitions:
- The deadline has been changed to Sunday, the 11th of July 2021
- You're still allowed to submit AMVs that have been finished or premiered after the 12th of July 2019

It's also allowed to change your submission if you already submitted so far and want to swap them around with future projects. If you wish to do so please mention which AMV you want to swap in the ''any extra comments'' section. I will also send an e-mail to those who has already submitted soon.

Thank you for your time and support. I continue to look forward to your submissions and look forward to next year!

Stay safe and healthy :heart:
Last edited by MarikoAMV on Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

MarikoAMV
Org Profile

Re: Abunai! 2021 International and 18+ AMV Competition - Deadline: July 11th 2021

Post by MarikoAMV » Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:23 pm

Thank you to everyone that keeps submitting entries, you guys are amazing!

Currently we have 27 entries in the following categories:
Action - 5
Comedy - 2
Conceptual - 5
Dance/Fun - 2
Drama/Romance - 11

18+ - 2

Keep them coming! <3

MarikoAMV
Org Profile

Re: Abunai! 2022 International and 18+ AMV Competition - Deadline: December 19th 2021

Post by MarikoAMV » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:02 pm

It's been a while since the last update, but we haven't been sitting still. Everyone that has signed up so far has been contacted (if not be sure to give me a poke!). The new Abunai! date has been announced and with that we have arrived to our final deadline which is the 19th of December 2021. The only major difference in the rules is that I have upscaled the number of entries to 3!

Currently we're counting 35 entries:
Action - 8

Comedy - 2

Conceptual - 7

Dance/Fun - 4

Drama/Romance - 14

18+ - 2

Thank you for those who have already entered and I look forward to those to come! <3

Return to “AMV Contests”