AX AMV Contest Is Back For 2020!!!

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Re: AX AMV Contest Is Back For 2020!!!

Post by Rider4Z » Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:25 am

DopplerDo wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:40 am
Yeah like I said no worries if you have good reason to be upset. It doesn’t leave a bad taste in my mouth lol and I don’t like what AX did either, but it would just be preferable to foster positivity where possible considering there’s already a long thread on the topic that was very well viewed. It would just be nice, but again, I understand the feelings. I just hope there’s a better way to affect change than this for everyone involved. Much love from me!
I had no hard feelings for the coordinator that came on last year. He genuinely tried but afterward even he decided nah. Honestly if it was just my own issues i had with AX I'd more likely let it go, but this all happened to a team of people I genuinely care about so just chalk this up to my inner mama bear holding a grudge. AX really had no idea how much work and effort the team put in to making the show so successful and they took it for granted thinking either 1 of 2 things - anyone can do this job, or we don't care enough about amvs to ensure a quality show.

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:39 pm

AX is like the ex that promises to change, but doesn't.

We've long stopped falling for it's lies.
DopplerDo wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:12 pm
Are we going to bash AX in every thread now? No one has to let anything go but do we have to keep airing this in public?
It's our longtime yearly tradition! :mrgreen:
Spoiler :
drama
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

DopplerDo
Org Profile

Post by DopplerDo » Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:41 pm

Haha just to say it out loud instead of just thinking it to myself: you guys are freaking awesome people and what happened with AX truly is a shame. How close you all are and how fiercely you guys defend each other is pretty cool. Rider4Z (no, Ryder4Z :P), I've got some papa bear energy myself, so I totally feel ya.

From my perspective, the entries went down last year and therefore quality would have as well (no offense to editors who entered -- I'm one of them -- but that should generally be true statistically) and a sincere and clear email was composed and sent with signatures from some AMV OGs, but it's sadly not clear if that did anything. I mean, we're dealing with stone cold execs here, right? A chunk of editors will keep boycotting, but I'm not sure if there is anything more impactful we can do but shower the heck out of those affected with love and sympathy. It's not a fair consolation prize, but I hope it makes clear how truly lovely these people are (and seem to be for peeps I don't know at all).

Whether or not anyone is with me on this, the reason I'm going to be submitting isn't because I don't care about what happened. It's because I distinctly remember sitting in the con crowd, seeing really thoughtful AMVs (looking at you in particular, Vlad--when I was a tiny kid--and Shin--as I came back as an adult), and choosing to dive hard into the hobby just to have the privilege of competing with these gods (you among them of course, Ryyyder). And it's been such an awesome and meaningful ride since. So, no, of course no con-goer would spontaneously combust because the quality goes down, but it breaks my heart to imagine missing an opportunity to inspire some kid on the only year they may decide to pony up the money to attend. Maybe that is overblown and wouldn't actually happen, but there's no way to know for sure. It took really inventive work to inspire me, so I'd love to contribute to the kickass pool of work available. This totally doesn't have to be how anyone else feels and varying perspectives are what make this forum passionate and rich with ideas, so please don't take this as a rallying cry for anyone to do the same, but I thought I'd articulate my stance in case it helps peeps wrestle with their own opinions.

I love this community and love all you crazily creative and hard-working people. I don't mean to get too involved; I just think it would be great to re-orient around how freaking cool even having con contests is. That's not a hard demand for positivity, just a quiet desire to focus on building us up if we can.

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:31 pm

I too was inspired by what I saw at AX in 2004. Fortunately there are a lot more cons now and a lot more AMV contests to enter. Anime LA in January being one of them. That's a quality amv contest and a much cheaper con to attend :up: :up:

Teriyaki777
Org Profile

Post by Teriyaki777 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:35 pm

DopplerDo wrote:
Yeah like I said no worries if you have good reason to be upset. It doesn’t leave a bad taste in my mouth lol and I don’t like what AX did either, but it would just be preferable to foster positivity where possible considering there’s already a long thread on the topic that was very well viewed. It would just be nice, but again, I understand the feelings. I just hope there’s a better way to affect change than this for everyone involved. Much love from me!
DopplerDo what Up man! You coming to Saboten Con in Phoenix, AZ?

Teriyaki777
Org Profile

Post by Teriyaki777 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:38 pm

Rider4Z wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:25 am
DopplerDo wrote:
I had no hard feelings for the coordinator that came on last year. He genuinely tried but afterward even he decided nah. Honestly if it was just my own issues i had with AX I'd more likely let it go, but this all happened to a team of people I genuinely care about so just chalk this up to my inner mama bear holding a grudge. AX really had no idea how much work and effort the team put in to making the show so successful and they took it for granted thinking either 1 of 2 things - anyone can do this job, or we don't care enough about amvs to ensure a quality show.
I think you are right rider about they dont care about AMVs or they take it for granted cause everytime i ask them about the AMVs they dont answer they ignore me but answer any other non important question.... Or when they did their stream of questions they had dumb questions answered on stream instead of what was important to answer....

Teriyaki777
Org Profile

Post by Teriyaki777 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:41 pm

sadly this is my last year guys for making AMVs and going to cons :( My passion for making AMVs is all but out....

Teriyaki777
Org Profile

Post by Teriyaki777 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:42 pm

but i am conisidering instead to replace that passion i once have to running an AMV contest here locally in AZ!

Teriyaki777
Org Profile

Post by Teriyaki777 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:56 am

hey why did everyone stop posting on here :(

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:25 pm

Teriyaki777 wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:38 pm
Rider4Z wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:25 am
DopplerDo wrote:
I think you are right rider about they dont care about AMVs or they take it for granted cause everytime i ask them about the AMVs they dont answer they ignore me but answer any other non important question.... Or when they did their stream of questions they had dumb questions answered on stream instead of what was important to answer....

Return to “AMV Contests”