AnimeNEXT 2019 AMV Contest (It's Over!)

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

AnimeNEXT 2019 AMV Contest (It's Over!)

Post by Scintilla » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:49 pm

(UPDATE, 2019-06-11: Playlists for the non-contest-related blocks are available here, and the preshow and finalists (with contest results) can be found here!)

Hey,

I'm here to announce that the AnimeNEXT 2019 AMV Contest is now officially open! AnimeNEXT 2019 will be held June 7-9 in Atlantic City at the beautiful Atlantic City Convention Center. Come join us!

Contest Rules (PLEASE READ, even if you entered in 2018!)
Enter here!

As always, we do NOT decide what our categories will be until AFTER we have decided which videos are in the finals. So go ahead and send us your horror, your trailers, your psychedelia, and anything else that just defies categorization -- because in this contest, you don't have to conform in order to make finals.

We are accepting entries until 11:59 P.M. EST on April 20, 2019 (note, that's a week earlier than usual!). Of course, the sooner you get your entry in, the more time we'll have to work out any problems we might find -- so please help us help you, by not waiting until the last minute.
NOTE that the uploader form is gone this year -- all entries must now have direct download links. In exchange, we've raised the maximum file size to 2 GB, so you can really make your videos look pristine for the big screen!

In addition to our traditional chart showing the genre balance of current entries, we now also have an entry status list so you can see exactly where your entry is in the review process and if we encountered any issues or reasons for disqualification.

Also, besides the AMV Contest, we are currently very likely to get a dedicated AMV room for the first time ever, so we could use a lot more AMV-related panels and workshops! (The AMV Dance and the Sing-Along are amazing fun, but they won't fill a whole weekend.) You can apply for those here; the deadline is March 2.

Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks again and have fun!! :)

Scintilla.
Last edited by Scintilla on Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:10 pm, edited 6 times in total.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Re: AnimeNEXT 2019 AMV Contest (Deadline: 4/20)

Post by Scintilla » Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:50 am

Three weeks left! And the race is still wide open...
ImageImage

Tigrin
Org Profile

Post by Tigrin » Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:58 pm

The rules seem to be a broken link. :)

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:58 pm

Tigrin wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:58 pm
Holy hell!! Thanks for the heads-up -- this is fixed now.
ImageImage

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:37 pm

Scintilla wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:58 pm
Tigrin wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:58 pm
Holy hell!! Thanks for the heads-up -- this is fixed now.
:rofl: Coordinator panic mode engaged!!

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:29 pm

We are UNDER TWO WEEKS to go, and it's still anybody's game! I'm finally caught up on checking through all of the entries we've received so far.

Will the entrants from the following towns please check over your junk folders for e-mails from me about your entries, and if you can't find any, please contact me directly at amv [at] animenext [dot] org:

Somerville, MA
Oregon City, OR

We have information on entrants from the following towns, but no actual corresponding video information in the database -- please be aware that your entries are NOT COMPLETE until you finish the entry form and receive your confirmation e-mail!:

Holbrook, NY
Piscataway, NJ
Chino, CA
Apartment #1R (no town given!)
ImageImage

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Re: AnimeNEXT 2019 AMV Contest (CLOSED to new entries)

Post by Scintilla » Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:32 pm

And we are CLOSED! I still have quite the backlog of entries to check, but it won't be done tonight. But it's a good problem to have, so to everyone who entered, thank you!

If you entered recently, please continue to look out for contest-related e-mails just in case we have questions or find problems with your videos. Also please refer to the entry status list to make sure you haven't missed any e-mails we might have sent... and pay no mind to how long it takes to work through that queue...
ImageImage

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Finalists and categories!

Post by Scintilla » Sun May 05, 2019 7:26 pm

And here are your finalists for the 2019 AMV Contest, listed in alphabetical order within each category (we don't have the play order set yet anyway):

Spoiler :
TRAILER/PARODY
drewaconclusion
Kireblue
Maboroshi Studio
Nekokitkat
Obsidian Zero
Pikapwn
shorisquared

ROMANCE/SENTIMENTAL
Glitzer
Kirbygal
Opner
Rei-chan
VideoBeats

ACTION
BecauseImBored1
DopplerDo
Pikapwn
Tigrin

DRAMATIC/SERIOUS
AllegoriestAMVs
BioticAMVs
blueshiftofdeath
Nekokitkat
ProjectTwinsAMV
shorisquared
Xophilarus (Pixelblended Studios)

ARTISTIC
drewaconclusion
mtagstyle
Spartan Media Productions

FUN/UPBEAT
BecauseImBored1
Dragonrider1227
MadMegatax
MadMegatax again
PaNTSU oF d00m
Zeeruy

COMEDY
AquaSorceress
Maboroshi Studio
PaNTSU oF d00m

Congratulations to all! And I think that this is the best crop of trailers and commercials I've seen in my eight years of running this contest...

Of course, even if you don't see your name here, we do always select a few of the non-finalists every year to provide our two preshows (one Friday, one Saturday), but I won't be revealing our picks for those -- you'll have to come see the contest to find out! Which, by the way, will be screening this year on Friday, 7:00 - 9:00 P.M., and on Saturday, 12:00 - 2:00 P.M. (with an non-voting encore on Sunday). We hope to see you there!

And watch this space for more information on all of our AMV events this year, as we're adding 6 hours of brand-new content to celebrate finally having our inaugural AnimeNEXT AMV Theatre.
ImageImage

MaboroshiStudio
Org Profile

Re: Finalists and categories!

Post by MaboroshiStudio » Mon May 06, 2019 8:44 am

Scintilla wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 7:26 pm
Spoiler :
TRAILER/PARODY
drewaconclusion
Kireblue
Maboroshi Studio
Nekokitkat
Obsidian Zero
Pikapwn
shorisquared
Congratulations to all! And I think that this is the best crop of trailers and commercials I've seen in my eight years of running this contest...
dang dang... congrats to all the finalists! Really hope the audience enjoys my newest comedy.

Reports of my death were greatly exaggerated...

www.maboroshistudio.com
YouTube Channel

DopplerDo
Org Profile

Re: Finalists and categories!

Post by DopplerDo » Mon May 06, 2019 4:31 pm

MaboroshiStudio wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 8:44 am
Scintilla wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 7:26 pm
Spoiler :
TRAILER/PARODY
drewaconclusion
Kireblue
Maboroshi Studio
Nekokitkat
Obsidian Zero
Pikapwn
shorisquared
dang dang... congrats to all the finalists! Really hope the audience enjoys my newest comedy.
It's the new avatar we're all waiting for ;)

Return to “AMV Contests”