Kigacon 2019 Deadline Passed! Finalists posted!

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Davis 51
Org Profile

Kigacon 2019 Deadline Passed! Finalists posted!

Post by Davis 51 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:11 pm

The deadline has passed!

Below is a list of all editors who have submitted one or multiple videos as of the deadline. If there is a problem with your submission, or if there was a rules/disqualifying issue, you have already received an email about it. Sorry for the delay, but we could not post these until after judging was completed and they have all tested on our systems successfully. The test was finished yesterday. : :shock: :uhoh:

Editors Received:

AntaresHeart07
AngelMaeVictory
Aqua Sorceress
Brett Burgess
Bryan Moebius
DailyWithPets
DivineAMV
drewaconclusion
GloryQuestor
[key]Scarlet-Kroner
Kyci
Maboroshi Studio
Mysunsai
Nekokitkat
Opner
Pikapwn
PaNTSU oF d00m
Sean.PNG
Silent Hero Studios
shorisquared
Studio le Croc
TheDestineeAMV
Troubleclef
Will Whaley
Zane Kordich

Nonfinalists:
Alicia Wan and Amy Tolton
Cneq
DopplerDo
Dragonrider1227
DragonRoy
DuoEnvy
EnQuatre
Jean d
joycescookie
Kenman Redproductions
MiraKayla
OscarAMV
Ramen Noodle Productions
Sassak
SOLO MVs
SuperEltanin
Teriyaki
TwigglyFiggly
Yue Li

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ooookay, so a later start than I would have liked. I've unfortunately been sick for the past few weeks on and off, at the worst possible time for this. So lets get down to it!

The cut off date for this year is March 3rd, 2019 at 11:59 PM. The contest itself will be on the 16th of March.

Here are the rules:

1. The categories will be
Trailers,
Action,
Drama,
Upbeat/Dance,
Romance/Sentimental,
Comedy/Parody
Surreal/Trippy (BONUS CATEGORY)
In the event of there being less than 4 trailers, the trailers submitted will be moved into the category most closely related to subject matter. Categories that do not receive at least 4 entries may be merged with their nearest counterpart; for details on how this may work, SEE THE BRACKETS BELOW. That is, if there are not enough entrants within each category, we will combine them into the category next closest in the parenthesis bracket. If you submitted to more than one category, and categories you submitted to end up merged, both your entries will still be counted, provided they both become finalists.

(((Action, Upbeat/Dance) (Trailers, Comedy/Parody)), (Drama, Romance/Sentimental)) (Trippy/Surreal BONUS CATEGORY)

Last year we ended up introducing the bonus category of Surreal/Trippy due to the higher-than-normal volume of submissions that just...couldn't be categorized correctly under normal, human parameters. It was hugely popular with our audience, so we are bringing it back this year! In the event that we do not receive enough entries in this category, they will be merged into their closest relevant category, as best as we can judge.

2. Please ensure your video is in one of the following resolutions.
1920x1080,
1440x1080
1280x720,
960x720
848x480.
720x480 (MPEG 1 & 2 Exclusive, See rule 4)
640x480

3. We accept the following frame rates: 23.976, 24, 29.97, 30 and 60. If your submission is not in one of those, it will be rejected outright.

4. Please only submit in 720x480 if you plan to encode in MPEG or MPEG-2. Entrants submitting in this format and at this resolution are encouraged to submit in 4:3 Flagged MPEG-2, at either 29.97 fps, or 23.976 with 3:2 pulldown selected (see Scintilla’s guide for the best way to do this. If widescreen footage is used, follow the guide on how to letterbox it). If you are encoding in MPEG-2, please encode your audio as MPEG-1 Layer 2 or AC3. MP3s, WAVs, and others will not work and we will be forced to convert them.

5. We accept the most file formats and methods of compression, however, we will not accept .mov or .wmv files. If you are using Windows Movie Maker, please output to AVI. If we are unable to convert to .MPG, we will attempt to contact you.

6.There is a file-size limit of 2 Gigabytes.

7. No studio bumpers or official logos. If we can’t remove it, and you can’t get us a clean version, the video is disqualified.

8. No audio from the official English dubs.

General Rules:

9. No nudity, or excessive gore/violence. Keep it PG-13.

10. Run time may be anywhere between 1 minute and 6 minutes. This will be strictly enforced.

11. Each entrant is permitted a single entry per category.

12. Acceptable footage includes Anime and Japanese Video Game footage. ‘American’ anime such as Afro Samurai, Animatrix, etc. is accepted, so long as it is at least partially animated by a Japanese Animation Studio.

13. Audio must be primarily music and may not include excessive dialogue/narration. The exception is videos that qualify as “trailers.”

14. Entries will be sent through an upload site such as DropBox, or through the AnimeMusicVideos.org catalog. With the exception of AnimeMusicVideos.org, one should not have to register or pay anything to be able to download a video. If we find it’s behind a
registration wall/paywall, we will ask for another link. If you do not provide one, you will be disqualified.

15. Entrants who knowingly attempt to circumvent these rules will have ALL of their submissions disqualified.

16. Videos will be accepted regardless of past victories in other contests, as long as they have been made between March 4th 2018 and the deadline (March 3, 2019). NO ANTI-TROLLING RULE!

17. We reserve the right to reject any video for any reason whatsoever.

How to Enter:

Send your submissions to kigacon@gmail.com with the subject line “AMV CONTEST ENTRY 2019.” If you do not submit it with that subject line, there is no guarantee we will enter it. Videos should contain either the studio name or the name you want to appear on the ballot, followed by a dash and a video title, like this: “Studio name – Video"
In your email, include a link to download your video, and a TEXT FILE (that means .txt)
containing the following:
Name (Please use your real name)
Video Title
Source Anime
Song Used
Song Artist
Category desired (we reserve the right to change this)
Email (again, this is in case we have to contact you. We will not give away your email for any
reason).
Address.
Are you attending the con? (Y/N).
We will email you when we have received and tested your entry to play on our system. The later you send your entry, the later we will get back to you. If you send at the last minute, you will NOT receive confirmation until after the deadline has passed, and there may not be time to resubmit if something goes wrong!

Contestants found to be falsifying information will be disqualified AND permanently banned from this contest.

Awards include first place in each category, Best in Show, and Coordinators choice.

Each category winner, Best in Show, and Coordinators Choice, shall receive a $25 gift certificate to Amazon.com. No runner up prizes. There will be an honorary Con Chair choice, but no prize associated. just bragging rights.
NOTE: PRIZES SHALL ONLY BE AWARDED TO UNITED STATES CITIZENS!.

If we receive too many entries to screen during our allotted time, finalists shall be determined by a panel of four judges, including myself. Judges shall be barred from voting in the final contest.
Entrees will be examined based on originality, editing skill, video/audio output quality, and entertainment value.
Last edited by Davis 51 on Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:46 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Under The Box Productions is my studio.
My youtube page is: http://www.youtube.com/user/UnderTheBoxProduct

Davis 51
Org Profile

Re: Kigacon 2019 WINNERS POSTED

Post by Davis 51 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:11 pm

FINALISTS AND WINNERS

Italicized is 2nd Place
Bold is 1st place.

Trailer
MHA Divergence: Mysunsai. Anime: My Hero Academia Audio: Watchmen Trailer
Bubblegum Crisis 2034: Maboroshi Studio Anime: Bubblegum Crisis Audio: Blade Runner 2049 Trailer
Kingdom Parks: NekoKitKat Anime: Kingdom Hearts Series Audio: Disney Resort Hotel Commercial
MHA Infinity War: Opner Anime: My Hero Academia Audio: Infinity War Trailer 1

Action
No Turning Back, Brother: Silent Hero Studios Anime: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Song: Dog Days Are Over Artist: Florence + The Machine
The Deciding Moment: Pikapwn Anime: Haikyu!!, Kuroko's Basketball, Ace of Diamond Song: Seki-ray Artist: Gackt
Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger: DivineAMV Anime: My Hero Academia the Movie: Futari no Hero
Song: Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger (Far Out Remix) Artist: Daft Punk
Cucumber on Fire: [key]Scarlet-Kroner Anime: Lupin the 3rd Song: Play with fire Artist: Sam Tinnesz
Go Next: PaNTSU oF d00m Anime: Megalobox Song: Raise Up The Lights Artist: Riot Games ft. The Seige
Boruto's Dad the AMV: Sean.PNG Anime: Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Song: Surrender Artist: Cheap Trick

Drama
New Star: GloryQuestor Anime: Kaleido Star Song: The Greatest Show Artist: The Greatest Showman Film Cast
Auto Memory: Opner Anime: Violet Evergarden Song: Help Artist: Hurts
How’s It Go Again?: AquaSorceress Anime: Various Song: Sober Up Artist: AJR
Survivor: Studio le Croc Anime: She-Ra and the Princesses of Power Song: Survivor Artist: 2WEI
Circuit Tree: shorisquared Anime: Metropolis Song: Willow Tree March Artist: The Paper Kites
Home: AngelMaeVictory Anime: Whisper of the Heart Song: Take Me Home, Country Roads Artist: Panski & Ellena Soule

Romance/Sentimental
Mummy Days: TheDestineeAMV Anime: How to Keep a Mummy Song: The Days Artist: Avicii
Undefined: Troubleclef Anime: Bloom Into You Song: She Artist: Dodie
My Book - Sakura: DailyWithPets Anime: I Want To Eat Your Pancreas Song: 奏(かなで) Melody Artist: Che'Nelle
Broken BoneZ: Sean.PNG Anime: Dragon Ball Z Song: I Lived Artist: One Republic
Happy Little Clouds: Brett Burgess Anime: Various Song: Bob Ross Remixed Artist: Melodysheep

Upbeat
Revel in the Dark: Sean.PNG Anime: Love, Chuunibyou and other Delusions Song: Rhythmn of your heart Artist: Marianas Trench
The Lone Rush: AntaresHeart07 Anime: Various Song: Lone Digger Artist: Caravan Palace
Impossible Comes True: Will Whaley Anime: Various Song: The Greatest Show Artist: The Greatest Showman Film Cast
Kyci: S is for Sadistic Anime: Blend S, New Game! Song: What Makes You Beautiful Artist: One Direction
Light Up The Dark: NekoKitKat Anime: Cardcaptor Sakura, Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card Song: Light Up The Dark
Artist: Taylor Henderson

Comedy
Plus Ultra Body Wash - Long: Maboroshi Studio Anime: My Hero Academia Song: Old Spice Commercials Artist: N/A
Bebe Doo, Where Are You: drewaconclusion Anime: Puella Magi Madoka Magica Song: Scooby-Doo, Where Are You! Artist: Larry Marks
KonoSuba Rhapsody: Opner Anime: Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! Song: Bohemian Rhapsody Artist: Queen
Literary Love: PaNTSU oF d00m Anime: Daily Lives of High School Boys Audio: Can You Feel The Love Tonight Artist: Cast of the Lion King

Surreal/Trippy
drewaconclusion: Pachyderm Panic Anime: Puella Magi Madoka Magica Song: Pink Elephants on Parade Artist: Disney Studio Chorus
paralyzed: AngelMaeVictory Anime: March comes in like a Lion Song: Paralyzed Artist: NF
AquaSorceress: Gambler’s Input Anime: Kakegurui Song: CALCIFY Artist: fknsyd
Maple Leaves: Bryan Moebius Anime: Hidamari Sketch, Tatami Galaxy Song: Maple Leaves Artist: Jens Lekman
D E S T R U C T: Zane Kordich Anime: Neon Genesis Evangelion Song: The Great Curve Artist: Talking Heads

BEST IN SHOW
MHA Infinity War: Opner

COORDINATORS CHOICE
Cucumber on Fire: [key]Scarlet-Kroner
Last edited by Davis 51 on Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.

SOLO MVs
Org Profile

Re: Kigacon 2019 Submissions Open! Deadline March 3rd. Prize info inside!

Post by SOLO MVs » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:03 pm

Can I send the AMV through google drive?

Davis 51
Org Profile

Post by Davis 51 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:29 pm

Yes, just attach the Drive link to your submission email and be sure to include the text file.

Dragon/Roy
Org Profile

Post by Dragon/Roy » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:58 am

Just Sent Request

SOLO MVs
Org Profile

Post by SOLO MVs » Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:03 am

Am I gonna receive any kind of confirmation email?

Davis 51
Org Profile

Post by Davis 51 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:24 pm

DEADLINE EXTENSION BUMP!
SOLO MVs wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:03 am
Am I gonna receive any kind of confirmation email?
Confirmations have now been added to the first post above. Unless you received explicit information that there was a problem, if your name is up there, we have successfully received your submission.

MaboroshiStudio
Org Profile

Re: Kigacon 2019 DEADLINE EXTENDED! March 6th. NEED SUBMISSIONS!

Post by MaboroshiStudio » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:40 am

Just sent some more
Reports of my death were greatly exaggerated...

www.maboroshistudio.com
YouTube Channel

Davis 51
Org Profile

Re: Kigacon 2019 DEADLINE EXTENDED! March 6th. NEED SUBMISSIONS!

Post by Davis 51 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:53 am

MaboroshiStudio wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:40 am
Just sent some more

Ultra Final deadline is midnight tonight.

SeanPNG
FIGHTING SPIRIT!!!!
Org Profile

Re: Kigacon 2019 DEADLINE EXTENDED! March 6th 11:59 PM. NEED SUBMISSIONS!

Post by SeanPNG » Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:35 pm

Sent ya my whole spring lineup this year!
and just in time too, *phew!*

Return to “AMV Contests”