Anime Boston 2019 - Winners!

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
LantisEscudo
Org Profile

Anime Boston 2019 - Winners!

Post by LantisEscudo » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:08 pm

Hello, everyone!

I'm happy to announce that the Anime Music Video Contest for Anime Boston 2019 is now open for entries!

Rules are here and our FAQ is here.

The highlights:
Deadline to submit is 11:59PM Eastern Time, March 2, 2019.
To comply with COPPA regulations, editors must now be at least 13 years old. Parents may submit on behalf of their underage children.
The Romance category has been renamed Romance/Sentimental, and category descriptions have been updated for clarity.

The Hentai AMV Contest is also back!

Deadline to submit to the Hentai AMV Contest is 11:59PM Eastern Time, April 5, 2019

Following this year, the HAMV Contest will be changing to being held every other year, in odd-numbered years. There will be an alternate event in even-numbered years at the Hentai AMV Extravaganza, so stay tuned for details!

Every year, I'm amazed at the videos that get submitted, and I can't wait to see what we get this year.

Thanks in advance, and good luck to everyone who submits!

LantisEscudo
Org Profile

Re: Anime Boston 2019 - Two weeks left! [deadline 3/2, HAMVs 4/5]

Post by LantisEscudo » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:03 pm

Hi, everyone,

Just a quick reminder that the deadline to submit your AMVs is now only two weeks away!

If you've submitted in the last few days, I'll be processing entries this weekend, so you should be seeing confirmation emails soon.

I'll also be sending reminder emails later this weekend to everyone that's filled out the form but not uploaded yet.

We've gotten some excellent entries so far, and I can't wait to see what comes in next.

Thank you to everyone that's submitted!

LantisEscudo
Org Profile

Re: Anime Boston 2019 - One week left! [deadline 3/2, HAMVs 4/5]

Post by LantisEscudo » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:33 pm

Hi, everyone!

Just a quick reminder, there's just one week left to submit to Anime Boston's AMV contest.

We've gotten a bunch of excellent entries so far, but we always would like more. The Fun/Comedy and Trailer/Commercial categories are both a bit thin on numbers this year, so if you have one, we'd love to see it.

Thanks to everyone who has submitted so far, and I can't wait to see what we get in the final week.

SOLO MVs
Org Profile

Post by SOLO MVs » Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:36 am

So I've got an ANIME MIX MUSIC VIDEO and one anime in it has the broadcast logo. Can I blur that logo? Its not too big and I think it won't disrupt the mood of audience much. I was not preparing for this contest specifically and I just read the rules so please tell me If can get through this rule in any way possible. Thank you.

LantisEscudo
Org Profile

Post by LantisEscudo » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:36 pm

SOLO MVs wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:36 am
So I've got an ANIME MIX MUSIC VIDEO and one anime in it has the broadcast logo. Can I blur that logo? Its not too big and I think it won't disrupt the mood of audience much. I was not preparing for this contest specifically and I just read the rules so please tell me If can get through this rule in any way possible. Thank you.
The No Watermarks rule is one that we enforce very strictly, by order of the Convention Executives. Simply blurring it isn't sufficient; if we can tell there is or had been a watermark there, your video will be disqualified. Your better option is to crop those scenes so that the watermark is out of frame.

SOLO MVs
Org Profile

Post by SOLO MVs » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:58 am

My country's name is not in the options in submission form. What can I do for this?

LantisEscudo
Org Profile

Post by LantisEscudo » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:03 am

SOLO MVs wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:58 am
My country's name is not in the options in submission form. What can I do for this?
At the bottom of the list, there is an option for "Other" for any countries not on the list. You can send me an email through the contact form on the website to let me know what country you're in.

LantisEscudo
Org Profile

Re: Anime Boston 2019 - One day left! [deadline 3/2, HAMVs 4/5]

Post by LantisEscudo » Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:46 pm

Hi, everyone!

We're down to just over 24 hours left to submit, so get your entries in! The form will close promptly at 11:59pm Eastern Time.

Also, a reminder to everyone that the Hentai AMV Contest is still looking for entries, and you've got a month left to get those in.

Thanks to everyone who's submitted so far. There's some amazing work on display already, and I always love seeing what comes in during the final rush to the deadline.

LantisEscudo
Org Profile

Re: Anime Boston 2019 - One day left! [deadline 3/2, HAMVs 4/5]

Post by LantisEscudo » Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:35 pm

Hi, everyone,

Just a quick heads up, I've been dealing with an illness in the family all day, so I'm a bit behind on sending out confirmation emails for videos that have come in today. I'm processing them as quickly as I can, and should have emails out to everyone by tomorrow afternoon at the latest.

Thanks for your patience.

LantisEscudo
Org Profile

Re: Anime Boston 2019 - Still looking for HAMVs [Deadline 4/5]

Post by LantisEscudo » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:50 am

Hi, everyone!

Entries to the main contest are now closed! We received exactly 200 entries this year, 181 were accepted and will go to the judges to select the finalists. We should be announcing finalists about two weeks from now, so keep an eye on your inboxes.

The Hentai AMV Contest is still accepting entries until April 5th. We currently only have one entry, and we'd like to have at least seven to make it a decent contest. If you have one that's less than two years old and wasn't sent to Anime Boston last year, we'd love to see it.

Thank you to everyone who submitted, and best of luck on making the finals!

Return to “AMV Contests”