Anime North Music Video Contest 2019

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
AnimeNorthAMV
Org Profile

Anime North Music Video Contest 2019

Post by AnimeNorthAMV » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:01 pm

Hello Everyone.

We are once again open for submissions for the 2019 Anime North Music Video contest.

As always there are three competition divisions in which to compete.

Open

This division is open to any and all AMV creators who want to pit their entry against some of the best in the business. The winner of this category will receive the Northern Lights Award.

Novice

This division is for entrants who do not feel comfortable entering the Open category. These neophytes have never won an award or prize for their work. In the spirit of fairness, you should consider entering the Open category if you have made more than 10 videos. The winner of this category will receive the Newbie Award and a promotion to the Open category next year.

Challenge:

The videos in this category must follow the year's specific Challenge

This year's challenge is a video one. The footage must be entirely from shows that came to the west during the 90's. This could include series, like Ranma, which have a portion that debuted in the very late 80's in Japan, but still came over in the 90's. In addition, if the majority of the seasons came out and were brought over in the 90's then footage from later seasons that came out in the early 2000's would also be allowed, such as Tenchi. This would not however include the most recent Tenchi OVA and series that came out in the mid 2010's.

Another example would be Lupin, movies and shows from the 90's would be allowed but not the oldest seasons from before the 90's, or newest ones.

For any clarifications, please contact the contest coordinator. If you feel that a series might be considered a 90's, but might not technically fall within it for various reasons, please contact us in advance so we can talk about it. As always, the AMV must subscribe to the qualification and eligibility requirements in order to be accepted.

In addition to the competition divisions we also have an exhibition division where videos that might not fit eligibility requirements can still be shown at the convention.

We are accepting entries for the 2019 contest, with a deadline of April 6 2019.

Good luck to all of our contestants, I wish you all the best.

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Re: Anime North Music Video Contest 2019

Post by Rider4Z » Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:23 pm

How do we submit?

knage
Org Profile

Post by knage » Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:36 pm

Rider4Z wrote:
Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:23 pm
How do we submit?
https://www.animenorth.com/live/index.p ... Itemid=247
YouTube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmARoS ... GP_b7rHM7g

I edit with a passion. Remember my name.

AnimeNorthAMV
Org Profile

Post by AnimeNorthAMV » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:18 pm

I was asked an interesting question about the Challenge division and I wanted to post the ruling here so that others can see it.

Q:"The challenge description states that footage must be "entirely" from a 90's anime. Does this mean that the baseline qualification requirement of "at least two thirds" of footage being from Japanese animation is overruled?

I ask this because long before reading about this year's challenge, I have been toying with the idea of an AMV that involves one third of total footage being live-action, original material filmed by me, and the last two thirds being taken from a retro anime of the 80's - 90's that I have yet to choose. Since reading of this year's challenge, I have resolved to chose an anime strictly from the 90's. I will need clarification about the rules before I move forward. "

Ruling: Yes, this would be allowable with a few caveats.

The 2/3 anime footage must be from the 90's. The other 1/3 can be live action. But ALL ANIMATED FOOTAGE must be from the 90's.

I would also allow the 1/3 live action to be switched out with western cartoon footage from the 90's.

If you have any specific questions about the challenge or other rules please email me. My email is on the contest rule page, and I'm always happy to answer questions to prevent accidental disqualification.

Return to “AMV Contests”