Katsucon 2019 AMV Contests!

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
KereK
Org Profile

Katsucon 2019 AMV Contests!

Post by KereK » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:09 am

The 2019 Katsucon submission forms are live!

Hello one and all! We are back and open for business!

Once again, we are kicking off another year for the Katsucon AMV contests, Please follow the link below to access our AMV site and submit your videos.

https://www.katsucon.org/contests/amv/

Our submission period starts now and will be open until December 2nd! (12/2/18)

AMV Showdown, NSFW AMV, Saturday Morning AMVs (PG AMV Competition) and the Katsucon AMV Blender project are all returning this year!

We have updated the rules this year, nothing too crazy just getting rid of dead weight.

Thanks to everyone who submitted last year, we had a record number turn out to see the NSFW AMV competition (like we only had 100 fewer than the main showdown events so that's saying something) We had to print more ballots for the saturday show! So thank you all for your submissions!

We can't wait to see what you all have come up with and thank you all for your ongoing support!

KereK
Org Profile

Re: Katsucon 2019 AMV Contests!

Post by KereK » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:39 pm

Also, we had some NSFW blender submissions last year so we made a NSFW blender edition! Just so you know.

KereK
Org Profile

Post by KereK » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:21 pm

BUMP! Woot Woot! Hope everyone is working hard!

KereK
Org Profile

Post by KereK » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:35 am

1/6th of the way to the submission deadlines!

KereK
Org Profile

Post by KereK » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:20 am

Forty Seven (47) days to go until our submissions close!

KereK
Org Profile

Post by KereK » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:55 pm

One month til submission deadline!

Is anyone out there?

We have ZERO submissions for the Saturday Morning AMV contest so if you have kid friendly content you have a high chance of getting in on this one!

DopplerDo
Org Profile

Post by DopplerDo » Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:40 pm

Hey Kerek, I plan on submitting to the contest, but I always wait until the last minute since I'm always working on something and I'm not sure what I'll have by then :p. I'm sure there are a lot of people in that boat, too, so we're coming :p!

Can you not take the non-finalists from the Showdown that are also PG and put them directly in the Saturday Morning AMV contest, so no one has to explicitly apply for it? That might help! If you don't have permission, just email the creators that have already submitted for it to ask for permission and update the rules so new contestants automatically give consent by default. I don't think anyone would have an issue with having their video played when it otherwise wouldn't :p.

KereK
Org Profile

Post by KereK » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:06 am

We can do this, However, if people choose to submit direct to the PG contest they get first look for placing in that contest. I email the contestants to let them know which contest their AMV got into.

CDLang84
Org Profile

Post by CDLang84 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:48 pm

KereK wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:55 pm
One month til submission deadline!

Is anyone out there?

We have ZERO submissions for the Saturday Morning AMV contest so if you have kid friendly content you have a high chance of getting in on this one!
You sure? I submitted my "The Boy and the Beast amv" to it. This is why it would be good if we got email confirmations after submitting. I always feel like my amvs submissions get lost in the internet.

Return to “AMV Contests”