Kuma Shock! A Yurikuma Arashi AMV Contest - Results!!

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
MadMegatax
Org Profile

Kuma Shock! A Yurikuma Arashi AMV Contest - Results!!

Post by MadMegatax » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:12 pm

Hello everyone! I’m happy to announce an entirely new contest: the Kuma Shock AMV contest! This is a contest focused on the show Yurikuma Arashi (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yurikuma_Arashi) . As someone who loves this show a lot, I decided to organize the contest to encourage more AMVs for it. This contest is a bit different from the usual AMV contest, so I’m really excited to see the work from other editors!

Rules:
  • Deadline: November 12, 2018 at 1:00 AM EST. The deadline may seem like a long way off from the initial announcement date, but it can definitely creep up on you.
  • At least 50% of the footage in your AMV must be from Yurikuma Arashi.
    • For all other footage you may use, it should not contain excessive violence, language or content that would place it above a PG-13 rating.
  • You are limited to one submission for the contest.
    • MEPs and collabs are allowed, but this will count as the one entry for everyone participating.
  • Your AMV must have a minimum length of 1:30.
    • Bumpers and credits do not count towards this minimum length.
  • Your video should be one concept and not multiple short segments (i.e. AMV Hell styled entries).
  • Your AMV must not have been publically available before July 19, 2018. In the spirit of the contest, this is to encourage the creation of new AMVs.
  • Plagiarism of other AMVs will result in automatic disqualification. No exceptions to this.
Submission:
  • Use the Google forms link to submit your video for the contest: https://goo.gl/forms/rlfrpdY0Oc4gJjby1
    • If your video is an MEP or collab, please have only one person fill out the form.
  • Submission link: please provide a direct download link (such as Dropbox or Google Drive). YouTube links will not be accepted.
Quality:
  • Video must have quality of at least 720p.
  • Aspect ratio should match the show (16:9), but special consideration will be given to videos with a concept that purposefully uses a different aspect ratio.
  • File format: MP4 strongly preferred. File size should not be greater than 300 MB.
  • Your video must not contain watermarks, or subtitles that you did not add to the video yourself.
  • Low quality edits (for instance, a video consisting of two long scenes with no cuts) will be disqualified.
If your submission has issues with any of the above, I will contact you to let you know.

Awards:
Main prizes for winning videos:
  • 1st prize: $100 Amazon gift card
  • 2nd prize: $50 Amazon gift card
  • 3rd prize: $30 Amazon gift card
Prizes are awarded to the video, so if an MEP or collab wins, the creators will split the prize.

In addition, I may also award some special category prizes. These category prizes will be $20 Amazon gift cards, and will be based on the videos submitted (as well as my ability to come up with creative prize names).

Judging:
Winners will be decided via a panel of judges. Currently it consists of two people including myself, but if there are a significant number of entries (and by this I mean more than 6) then I will look into recruiting more judges for this contest.

Getting started:
To help you get started with making an AMV for Yurikuma Arashi, I have prepared footage of the show for you to edit with (formatted as mp4). If you need it, please email me at madmegatax@gmail.com with the subject: Kuma Shock AMV Contest Request. I will then email you with additional information. You should only ask make this request if you are planning to make a video for the contest, but you are not obligated to enter the contest if you send a request.

If you have any questions about the contest, please post them here, or email me at madmegatax@gmail.com! Happy editing!
Last edited by MadMegatax on Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:04 pm, edited 10 times in total.

Kirbygal
Org Profile

Re: Kuma Shock! A Yurikuma Arashi AMV Contest - DEADLINE: November 12

Post by Kirbygal » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:22 pm

Are you open to non-music entries? I have an idea for a short parody video regarding this show.

MadMegatax
Org Profile

Post by MadMegatax » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:07 am

That should be fine, so long as it follows the other rules! My only request is that it's one concept and not multiple short parodies, but I'll add the following rule to cover that (since it applies to AMVs with music as well):
  • Your video should be one concept and not multiple short segments (i.e. AMV Hell styled entries).

alchemymini
doesn't eat shoes
Org Profile

Post by alchemymini » Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:23 pm

This is so exciting! Love the show and it will be good to see AMVs for it!I will do my best to participate as well!

Pathos Prime
Org Profile

Post by Pathos Prime » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:18 am

You did that Pepsi video right? That one kills us every time we see it XD

MadMegatax
Org Profile

Re: Kuma Shock! A Yurikuma Arashi AMV Contest - DEADLINE: November 12 - 7 Weeks Left!

Post by MadMegatax » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:59 pm

Hey everyone!

7 weeks remaining for the Kuma Shock contest! Looking forward to seeing all the entries! And as always, I will be available for any questions that need answering!

alchemymini
doesn't eat shoes
Org Profile

Re: Kuma Shock! A Yurikuma Arashi AMV Contest - DEADLINE: November 12 - 7 Weeks Left!

Post by alchemymini » Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:37 pm

Filling out the ollll timeline! Super excited to see what kind of videos everyone makes~!

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:25 am

alchemymini wrote:Filling out the ollll timeline! Super excited to see what kind of videos everyone makes~!
I gotta start mine soon :sweat:

KeiichiFace
Org Profile

Post by KeiichiFace » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:42 am

KEEP POSTING THE WEEKS LEFT

ruin me with anxietyyyyy

shorisquared
AMV History Archiver
Org Profile

Post by shorisquared » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:08 am

4 weeks left now
ImageImage

Return to “AMV Contests”