Hello everyone! I’m happy to announce an entirely new contest: the Kuma Shock AMV contest! This is a contest focused on the show Yurikuma Arashi (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yurikuma_Arashi) . As someone who loves this show a lot, I decided to organize the contest to encourage more AMVs for it. This contest is a bit different from the usual AMV contest, so I’m really excited to see the work from other editors!
- Deadline: November 12, 2018 at 1:00 AM EST. The deadline may seem like a long way off from the initial announcement date, but it can definitely creep up on you.
- At least 50% of the footage in your AMV must be from Yurikuma Arashi.
- For all other footage you may use, it should not contain excessive violence, language or content that would place it above a PG-13 rating.
- You are limited to one submission for the contest.
- MEPs and collabs are allowed, but this will count as the one entry for everyone participating.
- Your AMV must have a minimum length of 1:30.
- Bumpers and credits do not count towards this minimum length.
- Your video should be one concept and not multiple short segments (i.e. AMV Hell styled entries).
- Your AMV must not have been publically available before July 19, 2018. In the spirit of the contest, this is to encourage the creation of new AMVs.
- Plagiarism of other AMVs will result in automatic disqualification. No exceptions to this.
- Use the Google forms link to submit your video for the contest: https://goo.gl/forms/rlfrpdY0Oc4gJjby1
- If your video is an MEP or collab, please have only one person fill out the form.
- Submission link: please provide a direct download link (such as Dropbox or Google Drive). YouTube links will not be accepted.
- Video must have quality of at least 720p.
- Aspect ratio should match the show (16:9), but special consideration will be given to videos with a concept that purposefully uses a different aspect ratio.
- File format: MP4 strongly preferred. File size should not be greater than 300 MB.
- Your video must not contain watermarks, or subtitles that you did not add to the video yourself.
- Low quality edits (for instance, a video consisting of two long scenes with no cuts) will be disqualified.
Main prizes for winning videos:
- 1st prize: $100 Amazon gift card
- 2nd prize: $50 Amazon gift card
- 3rd prize: $30 Amazon gift card
In addition, I may also award some special category prizes. These category prizes will be $20 Amazon gift cards, and will be based on the videos submitted (as well as my ability to come up with creative prize names).
Winners will be decided via a panel of judges. Currently it consists of two people including myself, but if there are a significant number of entries (and by this I mean more than 6) then I will look into recruiting more judges for this contest.
To help you get started with making an AMV for Yurikuma Arashi, I have prepared footage of the show for you to edit with (formatted as mp4). If you need it, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: Kuma Shock AMV Contest Request. I will then email you with additional information. You should only ask make this request if you are planning to make a video for the contest, but you are not obligated to enter the contest if you send a request.
If you have any questions about the contest, please post them here, or email me at email@example.com! Happy editing!