AWA 2018 - The Video Art Track at Anime Weekend Atlanta

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
jingoro
Org Profile

Re: AWA 2018 - The Video Art Track at Anime Weekend Atlanta

Post by jingoro » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:45 am

OK, I found all you easy marks in Discord... if you're on Discord and I haven't added you to the 2018 channel (you do not appear as purple), then PM me and I'll fix it.

TnAdct1
Org Profile

Post by TnAdct1 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:07 am

In terms of how I sent my files for Pro (and how it could give jingoro problems):

1. This is my first year taking part in Pro, so I'm not fully aware of how you send these files in terms of naming them.
2. I deliberately left out my studio name for the file names for my Pro Contest entries (I usually do include it when I send it to other contests), as I thought that adding the name would reveal myself as the creator to other editors in a contest that is meant to be judged blindly.

jingoro
Org Profile

Post by jingoro » Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:54 pm

TnAdct1 wrote:In terms of how I sent my files for Pro (and how it could give jingoro problems):

1. This is my first year taking part in Pro, so I'm not fully aware of how you send these files in terms of naming them.
2. I deliberately left out my studio name for the file names for my Pro Contest entries (I usually do include it when I send it to other contests), as I thought that adding the name would reveal myself as the creator to other editors in a contest that is meant to be judged blindly.
First, I was being a little tongue in cheek... I don't mind making the fixes, they just take time is all and everyone wants to get the videos as soon as they can.
Second, names are removed from distribution file names, and videos are checked for metadata that appears in a VLC playlist, so no worries on that. I'll make sure your video is saved to the archive under your editor name.
Thanks for participating!

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:37 pm

I'm guilty of metadata in the past.

DopplerDo
Org Profile

Post by DopplerDo » Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:10 pm

Thanks for plowing through the issues like a BOSS, Jingoro!

jingoro
Org Profile

Post by jingoro » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:09 pm

True fact: Video submissions don't close automatically. I have to go muck with the form.
Another true fact: I'm seldom awake at 11:59pm EDT.

Use this knowledge for good and get those last minute submissions in!

Lord Rae
Org Profile

Post by Lord Rae » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:09 am

I uploaded my last one at 11:20. Not quite down to the wire but I think this is the most I've ever submitted to AWA. I'm sure for most 4 videos in total isn't anything special but I'm pleased with what I got done. Didn't get that hentai video I wanted to do done but source was being a pain and I didn't have the time to fix properly.

Return to “AMV Contests”