Aniventure 2018 AMV Contest - Deadline 2nd September

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Re: Aniventure 2018 AMV Contest - Deadline 2nd September

Post by Kireblue » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:43 pm

Rider4Z wrote:
TomoyaAMV wrote:Well, but you didn't get into the "Best Overall" top3. Congrats anyway!!
Yeah you left a jizz stain on the wrong thread. We eat wannabe editors like you for lunch. It's one thing to stroke youtube's dick and upload random videos you find everyday for subs to jack off to, but submitting one else's work into a competition is just sad and embarrassing.

NAKAMA.BG You'd be good to mail any awards or prizes to the ACTUAL creator.

Obsidian Zero
Org Profile

Post by Obsidian Zero » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:08 pm

LOL GET FUCKED, TOMOYA
Editing by ansible

DopplerDo
Org Profile

Post by DopplerDo » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:32 pm

Hey so as 2nd place I wouldn't mind at all if Riku ended up getting the sweet top prize. If were Riku, I would be pumped to find that plagiarism actually worked in my favor :p. Of course if there's a freshness rule or something that would have DQed this, then by all means bump me up haha.

Hey Tomoya, I don't know why you took an AMV made a couple years ago and entered it into the contest, but if you're looking to make your own AMVs and just don't know how to start, feel free to PM me and I'll work with you on getting the basics down. I know it's super daunting and maybe that's why you're uploading others' AMVs, but if you're genuinely interested, let's chill and talk editing :D.

PantsAMV
Org Profile

Post by PantsAMV » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:35 pm

DopplerDo wrote:Hey so as 2nd place I wouldn't mind at all if Riku ended up getting the sweet top prize. If were Riku, I would be pumped to find that plagiarism actually worked in my favor :p. Of course if there's a freshness rule or something that would have DQed this, then by all means bump me up haha.

Hey Tomoya, I don't know why you took an AMV made a couple years ago and entered it into the contest, but if you're looking to make your own AMVs and just don't know how to start, feel free to PM me and I'll work with you on getting the basics down. I know it's super daunting and maybe that's why you're uploading others' AMVs, but if you're genuinely interested, let's chill and talk editing :D.
Man you're such a cool dude I'm in love <3

DopplerDo
Org Profile

Post by DopplerDo » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:38 pm

$m?

PantsAMV
Org Profile

Post by PantsAMV » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:48 pm

$firstmarry DopplerDo

JoeBlack1996
Org Profile

Post by JoeBlack1996 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:52 pm

*rgb here*

So this whole situation sure escalated quickly, just as I was asleep ^^
Regarding the actual winners, I think that it would be a good idea to actually move everyone up in the placement, not only because it would be fair and according to the rules ("Crossfire" was made in 2016 after all), but also due to the fact that the guy who got 4th "Best Overall" will get nothing, even though in all fairness, he was supposed to be on the winners pedestal together with me and DopplerDo. Same thing applies to the guy in the Drama category who got left out by this unfortunate event.
Last edited by JoeBlack1996 on Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

vkamv
Org Profile

Post by vkamv » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:38 am

That user also actually ripped one of my AMVs as well, removed my logo and watermark, and posted it on their YouTube page and implied that they made it. I noticed a few weeks ago but didn't really care (it was getting a lot more views on their page than mine haha). But submitting someone else's work to contest is going too far. :) I wonder if all their videos are stolen.

NAKAMA.BG
Org Profile

Post by NAKAMA.BG » Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:56 am

The clip and participant are disqualified, luckily we haven't send any awards yet. Tomoya AMV will be banned from future contests that we produce.

We're calling the judges once more to decide the changes in the winners places. Unfortunately the original clip is too old, so the true owner cannot receive the award, so there will be shift upwards in the winners places.

We will post more info soon.

Big thanks to all people who discovered this fraud and notified us so quickly.

Riku'
Org Profile

Post by Riku' » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:19 am

Jokes aside, congratz to the real winners and to those who remembered my vid.
Get fucked Tomoya.

Return to “AMV Contests”