Anime USA 2018 AMV Contest Results Posted! Message #3!

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Cneq
Org Profile

Re: Anime USA 2018 AMV Rules Posted and Submissions CLOSED!

Post by Cneq » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:51 pm

Did you get a entry from me?

TnAdct1
Org Profile

Post by TnAdct1 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:42 pm

Freki wrote:I have gone through and downloaded all that I could. I have a couple I am contacting the editors because I can not get the video and I have one video that was shared with me and I'm not sure if it has an entry.
If it's what I think it is (i.e. it was in the same share folder that I linked with the one entry of mine that is also in AWA Pro), that video is one that I plan to have for the Showcase (I was going to send a cleaned up version of it, but the version that was in the share folder is fine as well).

Freki
Org Profile

Post by Freki » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:03 pm

TnAdct1 wrote:
Freki wrote:I have gone through and downloaded all that I could. I have a couple I am contacting the editors because I can not get the video and I have one video that was shared with me and I'm not sure if it has an entry.
If it's what I think it is (i.e. it was in the same share folder that I linked with the one entry of mine that is also in AWA Pro), that video is one that I plan to have for the Showcase (I was going to send a cleaned up version of it, but the version that was in the share folder is fine as well).
I'll check and contact you and see what is going on :) just with this storm on i'm juggling that, RL and judging. :)

Freki
Jon Webb
Anime USA AMV Track Director
Freki
Jon Webb

Freki
Org Profile

Post by Freki » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:04 pm

Cneq wrote:Did you get a entry from me?

I will look and contact you soon depending on how things fair with this storm coming in.

Freki
Jon Webb
Freki
Jon Webb

Cneq
Org Profile

Post by Cneq » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:05 am

Freki wrote:
Cneq wrote:Did you get a entry from me?
Alright thanks. I was really keen to join this contest since last year my AMV was rejected due to dubbed anime as my footage.

I was sure I already sent in a AMV for this one but when checking for a confirmation email there was nothing

I will look and contact you soon depending on how things fair with this storm coming in.

Freki
Jon Webb

Studio Hawk
Org Profile

Post by Studio Hawk » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:13 pm

Hola! Any news on finalists?

Freki
Org Profile

Post by Freki » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:29 pm

None yet, we are working through it I will tell you all that this year we have received more videos than the last four years! I am stoked but we have lots to go through thanks to you all GREAT Editors... I am talking over 80 videos! YOU GUYS ROCK and are making us work hard with all these GREAT videos... can we say it's damn hard to choose!

Freki
Jon Webb
Freki
Jon Webb

TnAdct1
Org Profile

Post by TnAdct1 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:46 pm

I checked the schedule for the AMV Room on Guidebook, and there's a couple of things that I want to mention:

1. Noticed a lot of Showcases on the schedule. Are there still some items that need to be filled out on the schedule in place for most of them (with the current schedule being a work in progress), or were there just that many people submitting specific themed-screenings this year (if that was the case, then I should have pitched one screening idea that I've been interested in doing at Anime USA, especially with a couple of great videos coming out this year that fit the theme).

2. Seeing the time for the AMV Contest Round Table (late Sunday morning) has me going :uhoh: because, as much as I want to take part in it, between how I usually carpool to the convention each day instead of staying onsite (hence why I usually only attend cons on Friday and Saturday) and the possibility that I'll be doing something with my family that Sunday (not sure if it will be that Sunday or the following weekend, but the plan is to celebrate my niece's birthday), it's likely I won't be able to make that event . :cry:

Freki
Org Profile

Post by Freki » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:55 pm

@tnadct1: I understand I was trying to place a few things here and there and give people a reason to come on sunday :) and for the awards too!!!!!! we love to hand people their awards if they win!!!

Showcases are AMVs showings we pace out, and honestly we got one Panel request this year. I always welcome editor run or attendee (non editor attendee) panels that are AMV related, even if it's your personal top 10, or things like that. Please feel free to request one or two next year, I'd LOVE to have more panels than Showcases any time! :) I have yet to refuse a panel.

I was trying to think of what I could do to keep the attendance on sunday up for the awards :) I know sunday many people don't attend but that's a shame there are some good panels to attend, and it also is why I don't put the awards at the "VERY" end of the day on sunday.

Freki
Jon Webb
Freki
Jon Webb

shorisquared
AMV History Archiver
Org Profile

Post by shorisquared » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:42 am

Can't wait to see what makes it in!
ImageImage

Return to “AMV Contests”