Sabaku Con 2018 - AMV League Contest -- RESULTS POSTED!!

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
heptakaidecagon
Org Profile

Re: Sabaku Con 2018 - AMV League Contest -- Deadline: 5/2/18

Post by heptakaidecagon » Wed May 02, 2018 3:24 pm

Ok, submitted. I'm afraid it's another drama entry (unless you decide it's not, which is fine), but hope you enjoy anyway. :)

Cneq
Org Profile

Post by Cneq » Fri May 04, 2018 6:56 am

Pathos Prime wrote:
heptakaidecagon wrote:Well, I just finished a video, but it's a trailer for The Witcher 3. I don't think it fits in any of the league categories.
Submit it to whichever category you think would be best. If it's a pulse-pounding Action trailer, submit it to Action. A creepy horror trailer? Drama. A comedy trailer? Fun/Upbeat.

Alternatively, you can just go ahead and submit it and we'll figure out what category it needs to be in ourselves. :)
Wait are non-anime GMV's accepted?

shorisquared
AMV History Archiver
Org Profile

Post by shorisquared » Fri May 04, 2018 8:11 am

Cneq wrote:
Pathos Prime wrote:
heptakaidecagon wrote:Well, I just finished a video, but it's a trailer for The Witcher 3. I don't think it fits in any of the league categories.
Submit it to whichever category you think would be best. If it's a pulse-pounding Action trailer, submit it to Action. A creepy horror trailer? Drama. A comedy trailer? Fun/Upbeat.

Alternatively, you can just go ahead and submit it and we'll figure out what category it needs to be in ourselves. :)
If you read first line of the rules, that is correct.
ImageImage

MisterFurious
Org Profile

Post by MisterFurious » Fri May 04, 2018 11:24 am

shorisquared wrote:If you read first line of the rules, that is correct.
Wait, you actually expect us to READ the rules???

:lol:

shorisquared
AMV History Archiver
Org Profile

Post by shorisquared » Fri May 04, 2018 11:28 am

MisterFurious wrote:

Nah. But I'm sure it'll help get you into finals. :awesome:
ImageImage

Pathos Prime
Org Profile

Post by Pathos Prime » Tue May 08, 2018 3:15 pm

Cneq wrote:
Pathos Prime wrote:

That's kind of one of AMV League's big things, IMO. We take animation from any source, even if it's homemade (we had a Source Filmmaker piece win Best General once) or non-Japanese.
shorisquared wrote:
MisterFurious wrote:

Nah. But I'm sure it'll help get you into finals. :awesome:
Please read the rules, everyone.

Pleeeeeease...

PantsAMV
Org Profile

Post by PantsAMV » Tue May 08, 2018 3:19 pm

I can’t read :book:

heptakaidecagon
Org Profile

Post by heptakaidecagon » Sat May 12, 2018 11:24 am

Pathos Prime wrote:
That's kind of one of AMV League's big things, IMO. We take animation from any source, even if it's homemade (we had a Source Filmmaker piece win Best General once) or non-Japanese.
I really appreciate it. Non-Japanese GMVs are what I'm having ideas for right now, and there are a lot fewer contests that accept them.

Pathos Prime
Org Profile

Re: Sabaku Con 2018 - AMV League Contest -- RESULTS POSTED!!

Post by Pathos Prime » Wed May 16, 2018 4:02 pm

DopplerDo just might as well own AMV League at this point, seeing as he's got such a talent for sync and portraying exactly what electronic noises should look like. He (if I'm not mistaken) becomes the first to win Action, Drama AND General or Fun/Upbeat in a single season.
Cneq scores his first win with a dark and gripping character study that shows us all why Kiritsugu Emiya from Fate/Zero is such a giant dick.
Kirbygal wins two in a row! Can't help but love using the most ridiculous anime of the decade to give a comic spin to such a serious and depressing song.
and PaNTSU oF d00m also gets his second Honorable Mention in a row, because the only thing better than a red panda is a red panda that's CRAAAAWLING IN ITS SKIIIIIIIN.

They're all at http://amvleague.com/sabaku2018.html so go watch everything we got! :D

DopplerDo
Org Profile

Re: Sabaku Con 2018 - AMV League Contest -- RESULTS POSTED!!

Post by DopplerDo » Wed May 16, 2018 8:59 pm

This is so awesome! I am so happy to have won Best Action at Sabaku Con! This is the first con it was submitted to and I really tried hard to finish in time for all the awesome folks in New Mexico :D. Much love, NM!

Return to “AMV Contests”