Sabaku Con 2018 - AMV League Contest -- RESULTS POSTED!!

This forum is for the announcement and discussion of anime music video contests.
User avatar
heptakaidecagon
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2005 3:50 pm
Org Profile

Re: Sabaku Con 2018 - AMV League Contest -- Deadline: 5/2/18

Postby heptakaidecagon » Wed May 02, 2018 3:24 pm

Ok, submitted. I'm afraid it's another drama entry (unless you decide it's not, which is fine), but hope you enjoy anyway. :)

User avatar
Cneq
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:47 pm
Location: Australia
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Sabaku Con 2018 - AMV League Contest -- Deadline: 5/2/18

Postby Cneq » Fri May 04, 2018 6:56 am

Pathos Prime wrote:
heptakaidecagon wrote:Well, I just finished a video, but it's a trailer for The Witcher 3. I don't think it fits in any of the league categories.


Submit it to whichever category you think would be best. If it's a pulse-pounding Action trailer, submit it to Action. A creepy horror trailer? Drama. A comedy trailer? Fun/Upbeat.

Alternatively, you can just go ahead and submit it and we'll figure out what category it needs to be in ourselves. :)

Wait are non-anime GMV's accepted?

User avatar
shorisquared
AMV History Archiver
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:44 am
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Sabaku Con 2018 - AMV League Contest -- Deadline: 5/2/18

Postby shorisquared » Fri May 04, 2018 8:11 am

Cneq wrote:
Pathos Prime wrote:
heptakaidecagon wrote:Well, I just finished a video, but it's a trailer for The Witcher 3. I don't think it fits in any of the league categories.


Submit it to whichever category you think would be best. If it's a pulse-pounding Action trailer, submit it to Action. A creepy horror trailer? Drama. A comedy trailer? Fun/Upbeat.

Alternatively, you can just go ahead and submit it and we'll figure out what category it needs to be in ourselves. :)

Wait are non-anime GMV's accepted?


If you read first line of the rules, that is correct.
ImageImageImageImageImage

User avatar
MisterFurious
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2001 8:56 pm
Location: Sylmar, CA
Org Profile

Re: Sabaku Con 2018 - AMV League Contest -- Deadline: 5/2/18

Postby MisterFurious » Fri May 04, 2018 11:24 am

shorisquared wrote:If you read first line of the rules, that is correct.


Wait, you actually expect us to READ the rules???

:lol:

User avatar
shorisquared
AMV History Archiver
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:44 am
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Sabaku Con 2018 - AMV League Contest -- Deadline: 5/2/18

Postby shorisquared » Fri May 04, 2018 11:28 am

MisterFurious wrote:
shorisquared wrote:If you read first line of the rules, that is correct.


Wait, you actually expect us to READ the rules???

:lol:

Nah. But I'm sure it'll help get you into finals. :awesome:
ImageImageImageImageImage

User avatar
Pathos Prime
Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:41 pm
Org Profile

Re: Sabaku Con 2018 - AMV League Contest -- Deadline: 5/2/18

Postby Pathos Prime » Tue May 08, 2018 3:15 pm

Cneq wrote:
Pathos Prime wrote:
heptakaidecagon wrote:Well, I just finished a video, but it's a trailer for The Witcher 3. I don't think it fits in any of the league categories.


Submit it to whichever category you think would be best. If it's a pulse-pounding Action trailer, submit it to Action. A creepy horror trailer? Drama. A comedy trailer? Fun/Upbeat.

Alternatively, you can just go ahead and submit it and we'll figure out what category it needs to be in ourselves. :)

Wait are non-anime GMV's accepted?


That's kind of one of AMV League's big things, IMO. We take animation from any source, even if it's homemade (we had a Source Filmmaker piece win Best General once) or non-Japanese.

shorisquared wrote:
MisterFurious wrote:
shorisquared wrote:If you read first line of the rules, that is correct.


Wait, you actually expect us to READ the rules???

:lol:

Nah. But I'm sure it'll help get you into finals. :awesome:


Please read the rules, everyone.

Pleeeeeease...

User avatar
PaNTSU oF d00m
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:39 pm
Status: Menacing
Org Profile

Re: Sabaku Con 2018 - AMV League Contest -- Deadline: 5/2/18

Postby PaNTSU oF d00m » Tue May 08, 2018 3:19 pm

I can’t read :book:

User avatar
heptakaidecagon
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2005 3:50 pm
Org Profile

Re: Sabaku Con 2018 - AMV League Contest -- Deadline: 5/2/18

Postby heptakaidecagon » Sat May 12, 2018 11:24 am

Pathos Prime wrote:
That's kind of one of AMV League's big things, IMO. We take animation from any source, even if it's homemade (we had a Source Filmmaker piece win Best General once) or non-Japanese.


I really appreciate it. Non-Japanese GMVs are what I'm having ideas for right now, and there are a lot fewer contests that accept them.

User avatar
Pathos Prime
Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:41 pm
Org Profile

Re: Sabaku Con 2018 - AMV League Contest -- RESULTS POSTED!!

Postby Pathos Prime » Wed May 16, 2018 4:02 pm

DopplerDo just might as well own AMV League at this point, seeing as he's got such a talent for sync and portraying exactly what electronic noises should look like. He (if I'm not mistaken) becomes the first to win Action, Drama AND General or Fun/Upbeat in a single season.
Cneq scores his first win with a dark and gripping character study that shows us all why Kiritsugu Emiya from Fate/Zero is such a giant dick.
Kirbygal wins two in a row! Can't help but love using the most ridiculous anime of the decade to give a comic spin to such a serious and depressing song.
and PaNTSU oF d00m also gets his second Honorable Mention in a row, because the only thing better than a red panda is a red panda that's CRAAAAWLING IN ITS SKIIIIIIIN.

They're all at http://amvleague.com/sabaku2018.html so go watch everything we got! :D

User avatar
DopplerDo
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:33 pm
Org Profile

Re: Sabaku Con 2018 - AMV League Contest -- RESULTS POSTED!!

Postby DopplerDo » Wed May 16, 2018 8:59 pm

This is so awesome! I am so happy to have won Best Action at Sabaku Con! This is the first con it was submitted to and I really tried hard to finish in time for all the awesome folks in New Mexico :D. Much love, NM!

User avatar
Cneq
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:47 pm
Location: Australia
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Sabaku Con 2018 - AMV League Contest -- RESULTS POSTED!!

Postby Cneq » Wed May 16, 2018 9:15 pm

Really happy that I won Best Drama this time around, and congrats to all the other winners/finalists as well :D

User avatar
DopplerDo
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:33 pm
Org Profile

Re: Sabaku Con 2018 - AMV League Contest -- RESULTS POSTED!!

Postby DopplerDo » Wed May 16, 2018 9:18 pm

You are crushing 2018, Cneq! It's always awesome to compete with you :D!

User avatar
Cneq
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:47 pm
Location: Australia
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Sabaku Con 2018 - AMV League Contest -- RESULTS POSTED!!

Postby Cneq » Wed May 16, 2018 10:55 pm

DopplerDo wrote:You are crushing 2018, Cneq! It's always awesome to compete with you :D!
I'm glad you think so! And thanks man you too ^^ you always put out some pretty tough stuff to beat haha ;)

User avatar
Kirbygal
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:44 pm
Org Profile

Re: Sabaku Con 2018 - AMV League Contest -- RESULTS POSTED!!

Postby Kirbygal » Thu May 17, 2018 2:03 am

Congrats to everyone, and thank you so much for choosing both my vids in this and Anime St. Louis. I wasn't sure how the Pop Team Epic one was going to fit in Fun/Upbeat, but I'm glad it worked out!


Return to “AMV Contests”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: shorisquared and 2 guests