AnimeNEXT 2018 AMV Contest (Winners Posted!)

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Dance playlist

Post by Scintilla » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:51 pm

Dance Under the AMVs

This was an amazing first AMV dance and I'm so glad we decided to do it this year. The energy all around was just awesome. We even had some people who didn't dance much but still stayed and watched all the videos and didn't leave. And I swear I had no idea Gabby was going to have that fox mask and bust some serious moves to Ylvis.

"Twitterpated" by The Wired Knight
featuring much of the Disney animated canon to "Shut Up and Dance" by Walk the Moon

ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Re: AnimeNEXT 2018 AMV Contest (Winners Posted!)

Post by Rider4Z » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:27 pm

Drat. I need my AnimeNEXT medal fix...

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:06 pm

Rider4Z wrote:Drat. I need my AnimeNEXT medal fix...
For what it's worth, both my staffers and I considered your Lupin video to be the favorite in Action (hence why we gave it the caboose spot) and were quite surprised the audience went a different way. Also, I still grin like an idiot at "City of Gold".

When we get a dedicated room, one of the programming block ideas Inuki has been suggesting is a retrospective including some of the videos we the judges loved but the audiences didn't vote to win and vice versa. I'm going to have to remember this one for that.
ImageImage

shorisquared
AMV History Archiver
Org Profile

Post by shorisquared » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:04 pm

YouTube Playlist:
ImageImage

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:24 am

Scintilla wrote:
Rider4Z wrote:Drat. I need my AnimeNEXT medal fix...
For what it's worth, both my staffers and I considered your Lupin video to be the favorite in Action (hence why we gave it the caboose spot) and were quite surprised the audience went a different way. Also, I still grin like an idiot at "City of Gold".

When we get a dedicated room, one of the programming block ideas Inuki has been suggesting is a retrospective including some of the videos we the judges loved but the audiences didn't vote to win and vice versa. I'm going to have to remember this one for that.
I'm not surprised. It's won a few judges awards but no audience voted wins. Meh, can't pander all the time :sweat:

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:23 pm

Just realized I never said anything about the situation with prizes:

There was some sort of shipping error that prevented the medals from arriving in time for the con. (This affects all the AnimeNEXT contests, not just AMVs.) Therefore, I gave the contact person my address and the number of medals we need, so that she could just ship the AMV allotment to me when they arrive, and I could then combine them with the certificates and disks and mail to the winners like I always do.

I have not yet received the medals. But once I do, I should be able to ship everything out the weekend after that.
ImageImage

shorisquared
AMV History Archiver
Org Profile

Post by shorisquared » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:01 pm

Scintilla wrote:Just realized I never said anything about the situation with prizes:

There was some sort of shipping error that prevented the medals from arriving in time for the con. (This affects all the AnimeNEXT contests, not just AMVs.) Therefore, I gave the contact person my address and the number of medals we need, so that she could just ship the AMV allotment to me when they arrive, and I could then combine them with the certificates and disks and mail to the winners like I always do.

I have not yet received the medals. But once I do, I should be able to ship everything out the weekend after that.
Nice
ImageImage

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:54 pm

The medals have finally arrived!

ImageImage

Return to “AMV Contests”