Entries are officially closed. Y'all really came through at the last second.
See two posts down for a Finalist Surprise Announcement.
The cut off date for this year is March 4, 2018 at Midnight.
Here are the rules:
1. The categories will be
In the event of there being less than 4 trailers, the trailers submitted will be moved into the category most closely related to subject matter. Categories that do not receive at least 4 entries may be merged with their nearest counterpart; for details on how this may work, SEE THE BRACKETS BELOW. That is, if there are not enough entrants within each category, we will combine them into the category next closest in the parenthesis bracket. If you submitted to more than one category, and categories you submitted to end up merged, both your entries will still be counted, provided they both become finalists.
2. Please ensure your video is in one of the following resolutions.
720x480 (MPEG 1 & 2 Exclusive, See rule 4)
3. We accept the following frame rates: 23.976, 24, 29.97, 30 and 60. If your submission is not in one of those, it will be rejected outright.
4. Please only submit in 720x480 if you plan to encode in MPEG or MPEG-2. Entrants submitting in this format and at this resolution are encouraged to submit in 4:3 Flagged MPEG-2, at either 29.97 fps, or 23.976 with 3:2 pulldown selected (see Scintilla’s guide for the best way to do this. If widescreen footage is used, follow the guide on how to letterbox it). If you are encoding in MPEG-2, please encode your audio as MPEG-1 Layer 2 or AC3. MP3s, WAVs, and others will not work and we will be forced to convert them.
5. We accept the most file formats and methods of compression, however, we will not accept .mov or .wmv files. If you are using Windows Movie Maker, please output to AVI. If we are unable to convert to .MPG, we will attempt to contact you.
6.There is a file-size limit of 2 Gigabytes.
7. No studio bumpers or official logos. If we can’t remove it, and you can’t get us a clean version, the video is disqualified.
8. No audio from the official English dubs.
8. No nudity, or excessive gore/violence. Keep it PG-13.
9. Run time may be anywhere between 1 minute and 6 minutes. This will be strictly enforced.
10. Each entrant is permitted a single entry per category.
11. Acceptable footage includes Anime and Japanese Video Game footage. ‘American’ anime such as Afro Samurai, Animatrix, etc. is accepted, so long as it is at least partially animated by a Japanese Animation Studio.
12. Audio must be primarily music and may not include excessive dialogue/narration. The exception is videos that qualify as “trailers.”
13. Entries will be sent through an upload site such as DropBox, or through the AnimeMusicVideos.org catalog. With the exception of AnimeMusicVideos.org, one should not have to register or pay anything to be able to download a video. If we find it’s behind a
registration wall/paywall, we will ask for another link. If you do not provide one, you will be disqualified.
14. Entrants who knowingly attempt to circumvent these rules will have ALL of their submissions disqualified.
15. Videos will be accepted regardless of past victories in other contests, as long as they have been made between March 6th 2017 and the deadline (March 4, 2017). NO ANTI-TROLLING RULE!
16. We reserve the right to reject any video for any reason whatsoever.
How to Enter:
Send your submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “AMV CONTEST ENTRY 2018.” If you do not submit it with that subject line, there is no guarantee we will enter it. Videos should contain either the studio name or the name you want to appear on the ballot, followed by a dash and a video title, like this: “Studio name – Video"
In your email, include a link to download your video, and a TEXT FILE (that means .txt)
containing the following:
Name (Please use your real name)
Category desired (we reserve the right to change this)
Email (again, this is in case we have to contact you. We will not give away your email for any
Are you attending the con? (Y/N).
We will email you when we have received and tested your entry to play on our system. The later you send your entry, the later we will get back to you. If you send at the last minute, you will NOT receive confirmation until after the deadline has passed, and there may not be time to resubmit if something goes wrong!
Contestants found to be falsifying information will be disqualified AND permanently banned from this contest.
Awards include first place in each category, Best in Show, and Coordinators choice.
Each category winner, Best in Show, and Coordinators Choice, shall receive a $25 gift certificate to Amazon.com. No runner up prizes. There will be an honorary Con Chair choice, but no prize associated. just bragging rights.
NOTE: PRIZES SHALL ONLY BE AWARDED TO UNITED STATES CITIZENS!.
If we receive too many entries to screen during our allotted time, finalists shall be determined by a panel of four judges, including myself. Judges shall be barred from voting in the final contest.
Entrees will be examined based on originality, editing skill, video/audio output quality, and entertainment value.
As stated above, if we do not receive at least 4 entries in a category, it will be merged with the next “nearest” category.