14th Annual King of Spayn Contest

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Lord Rae
Org Profile

14th Annual King of Spayn Contest

Post by Lord Rae » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:11 pm

Welcome once again to:
|:> THE ONE AND ONLY KING OF SPAYN NEW YEARS AMV CONTEST!!! |:>

"But what is King of Spayn?" You ask? Well I copied and pasted the post from last years contest so you'd have a good idea and so I wouldn't forget anything. A few small edits notwithstanding.

As the year closes out we tend to get ready for a new year of anime, AMV's and more. So what better way to celebrate the start of a new year than to make an AMV for the new year? The King of Spayn videos are unique, as in order to celebrate the AMV's that have come before you will make an AMV using OTHER peoples videos. Yes, that is correct you will be taking your favorite AMV's and mashing together into a sexual explosion of fun for the new year. You are able to use any videos you like but your video must consist of mostly other people AMV's.

Other than that it's a free range on the internet to use what ever will make your King of Spayn video stand out. See the rules below for more clarity. In the event that you win then the coveted King of Spayn Crown will be yours.*

*For the first time ever there will be fabulous prizes! See Pilk for more info.

What are the rules for King of Spayn?
While we allow you to go hog wild with making your King of Spayn video you will have to follow the rules to make sure that you qualify:

1) Music must be a foreign (to you) song! That means non-English for English speakers and as a blanket rule NO Japanese songs. Sorry, but it's a little too easy with anime.

2) Videos must comprise 75% of others editors AMV’s! That leaves 25% for other random bullshit. And I do mean random. Go crazy! Got a meme you love? Animated that bitch and throw it in.

3) Time Limit of 8:00 per video.

***NEW DEADLINE: Monday, January 15, 2018 @11:59pm***

How the hell do we get videos to the judges?
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... 4_HI0Gj2O4
Yes, the lazy option again, but it's effective. Simply upload your finished AND COMPRESSED video to the google drive ACCOMPANIED by a simple txt doc of the same name with your editing handle, email address and song title & artist. If you have problems with the upload or wish for another submission method PM me. Keep the deadline in mind. I will monitor the upload times, anyone not in by midnight their time zone will be disqualified unless given prior permission.

Wanna' check out previous years entries you can download them here - http://www.cbrstudios.com/_main-site/contests.html
This will give you an idea of what we expect from a King of Spayn video

This year we are celebrating FOURTEEN nausea inducing years of the King of Spayn contest and my first year as king so lets get lots of entries. This above all is a fun and silly contest to shake off the dust of the old year and get ready for the next years downpour of shit and misery. I know most of CBR will enter but I'd like to whats been brewing in everyone else all year. Is it madness or is it genius or both?

As always if you have any questions feel free to post them in the forum, or email me at lordraez@gmail.com
Last edited by Lord Rae on Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mr Pilkington
Location: Well, hey, you, you should stop being over there and be over here!
Org Profile

Re: 14th Annual King of Spayn Contest

Post by Mr Pilkington » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:51 am

EXTENSION HYPE!!!!!

We had a round table of the previous kings and decided to extend the deadline this year and add an actual prize for the winner.
Time to hype the shit outa this

Lord Rae
Org Profile

Post by Lord Rae » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:25 am

Lord Rae
Org Profile

Post by Lord Rae » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:34 pm

Last minute call! 1 hour left!

Return to “AMV Contests”