Katsucon 2018 AMV Submissions are now open!

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
PrincessMareep
Org Profile

Re: Katsucon 2018 AMV Submissions are now open!

Post by PrincessMareep » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:10 am

I'm totally down for it!!
“The flower that blooms in adversity is the rarest and most beautiful of all.” ✿

KereK
Org Profile

Post by KereK » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:16 pm

Studio Hawk wrote:Any thoughts from editors about having an AMV editor dinner? Maybe right after one of the showings?
We could arrange something. The only issue is usually we only have like 3 editors actually at the con (unless you all are just hiding from me) Would you guys be interested in a pizza party or something? - I've never organized one of these things so IDK. :P

KereK
Org Profile

Post by KereK » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:18 pm

Bumping this topic -- ONLY 19 MORE DAYS UNTIL THE SUBMISSION PERIOD CLOSES.

We only have 0ne (1) submission for NSFW so far! If you know anybody who has crazy AMVs tell them to enter!

KereK
Org Profile

Post by KereK » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:29 pm

Bump. So I would also like to address kinda how we shuffle videos for the contest. Say we don't have enough videos to round out the Saturday Morning AMV show. We will take videos from the main show and fill in gaps where they can go(not remove them from the main contest but they would be shown in two different shows) . BUT we will give priority to the submissions for the Saturday Morning AMV show in the lineup.

So basically, if your video is technically sound and non offensive AND you submitted it to Saturday morning AMV we wont bump it out of place for another video that has more style that was submitted to the main show. So take the situation we have at the moment. We have gotten one (1) submission for Saturday Morning AMVs. That video - assuming it has no watermarks or sound issues or violates any of the other standards we have is basically a lock to get into the show (We obviously can't influences the voting though so there is no guarantee for a win- just that you would make it in) .

SO that being said. WE ONLY HAVE ONE SUBMISSION FOR THE SATURDAY MORNING AMV SHOW! You should totally submit a video to that show (at the moment we have 29 submissions to the main AMV showdown) I like to play the odds personally and if I were you I would whip up a quick submission for the children. People REALLY like Disney songs... (don't do Moana or Frozen for bonus points ;D )

Studio Hawk
Org Profile

Post by Studio Hawk » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:38 pm

KereK wrote:Bumping this topic -- ONLY 19 MORE DAYS UNTIL THE SUBMISSION PERIOD CLOSES.

We only have 0ne (1) submission for NSFW so far! If you know anybody who has crazy AMVs tell them to enter!
I may need to whip something up for this :o

Studio Hawk
Org Profile

Post by Studio Hawk » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:40 pm

KereK wrote:
Studio Hawk wrote:Any thoughts from editors about having an AMV editor dinner? Maybe right after one of the showings?
We could arrange something. The only issue is usually we only have like 3 editors actually at the con (unless you all are just hiding from me) Would you guys be interested in a pizza party or something? - I've never organized one of these things so IDK. :P
I think that would be neat. Maybe before/after one of the main contest showings at the grill (National Pastime Sports Bar And Grill) on the lower floor of the atrium? What times are the showings?

KereK
Org Profile

Post by KereK » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:03 pm

The problem with that is we as staffers don't have mush time to sit and eat and order food. And it's been my experience in The Grill and any other restaurants around Katsu that you're there for an hour at least (and maybe you still haven't gotten your food) and I can't promise my time to something like that. We are all there on Thursday night though, is anybody there on that day?

PrincessMareep
Org Profile

Post by PrincessMareep » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:30 am

Last week to go!!
“The flower that blooms in adversity is the rarest and most beautiful of all.” ✿

Strawberry Fields AMVS
Org Profile

Post by Strawberry Fields AMVS » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:30 pm

Entered 3

KereK
Org Profile

Post by KereK » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:24 pm

6 days to go!! FYI we now have two (2) for the NSFW competition! Make us some fucked up AMVs please!~ :D

Return to “AMV Contests”