Katsucon 2018 AMV Submissions are now open!

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
TnAdct1
Org Profile

Re: Katsucon 2018 AMV Submissions are now open!

Post by TnAdct1 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:40 pm

When it comes anti-trolling rules, here's my stance on it.

1. Yeah, a 3-5 award limit is needed. Along with keeping things fresh, it would help fan out those videos that, as great as they are, have pretty much have had huge success at other cons (especially the smaller ones). However, there could be an overflow showing that could feature these videos (or even follow in the footsteps of Anime USA 2015 and feature the best of the non-competing videos following the main contest).

2. That said, I'm not sure about the "deadline" aspect for the limit. Among the factors that make it hard to decide include the date the video was submitted to the contest and the idea of having the "cut-off" date for this limit be somewhere in November or December(similar to how Otakon's cut-off date for its anti-trolling rule is the weekend of Anime Mid-Atlantic) to ensure that an editor doesn't have to do a last-minute video for the contest just because he/she passed the limit and only had a couple days to make a new video.

3. Unless we get an odd case (i.e. the "WWJD" situation at Anime USA this past year), a video that made the finals at both Otakon and the main Anime USA contest should be considered a "non-competing" video at Katsucon. For local con-goers, it does get somewhat stale seeing the same video make the finals in all three DC conventions, and as such, doing so would go back to the idea of keeping things fresh.

@Mircacle_Falcon: Seriously, Katsucon really needs to bring back the Golden Ninja trophies that they offered in the past.

shorisquared
AMV History Archiver
Org Profile

Post by shorisquared » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:45 pm

TnAdct1 wrote: the Golden Ninja trophies that they offered in the past.
THEY HAD WHAT?! WHO HAS PICS?!
ImageImage

MaboroshiStudio
Org Profile

Post by MaboroshiStudio » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:47 pm

TnAdct1 wrote:@Mircacle_Falcon: Seriously, Katsucon really needs to bring back the Golden Ninja trophies that they offered in the past.
GOLDEN NINJA trophies???

Reports of my death were greatly exaggerated...

www.maboroshistudio.com
YouTube Channel

MaboroshiStudio
Org Profile

Post by MaboroshiStudio » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:51 pm

shorisquared wrote:
Reports of my death were greatly exaggerated...

www.maboroshistudio.com
YouTube Channel

Drabaz
Org Profile

Post by Drabaz » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:43 pm

shorisquared wrote:
These pictures are old but it’s all I have of them up close. I’m more of a fan of the glass type trophies to be honest. These are still unique and cool though.

https://imgur.com/gallery/6t36Z
https://imgur.com/gallery/oENJu

Return to “AMV Contests”