A new era for SMASH! AMVs, same loving spirit,
(just the right amount)
Hi again folks! It's been a while!
Thanks to all those who participated in last year's AMV competition, as well as the Blitz AMV Tournament. Because of you guys, we have become quite a popular event at SMASH! and at the end of each screenings session, we've had a number of people speak to us on who you guys are, how to make epic AMVs like that, etc. You guys are the life and blood of the AMV competition!
From Shin to Centurione, from l33tmeatwad to drewaconclusion, and to all the other editors out there, you folks have kept the Australian anime fans quite entertained with your epic works!
The SMASH! Anime Music Competition is back for 2017, but this time, after taking on some feedback, as well as looking towards the future, we decided to start a new era
for the competition; a fresh start. Maybe call it, "The Rebirth of the SMASH! AMV Competition"
To find out more information, click on the links below:Main AMV PageRules and Submissions GuidelinesSubmission formOur Video AMV site
When does the competition start: NOW!
When does the competition close: Sunday, August 6, 2017 @ 11:59 p.m. (AEST/UTC+10)
(Deadline for your timezone is at the end of this post)
So, are you curious to know what the changes are compared from the last ten years? We've listened to your feedback and adjusted to the current AMV environment. Here are some of the following changes:
● Introducing a new award: SMASH! AMV of the Year
- This was a long time coming and after the amazing amount of people who voted in last year's SMASH! AMV of the Decade, we decided to finally put this in and give glory to the one who makes the best AMV at SMASH! for the year 2017!
● The Blitz AMV Tournament has been discontinued
- While we did enjoy running it, we noticed that it took the editors a lot of time to get their videos done. As such, we decided to close it down.
● ONLY ONE (1) AMV SUBMISSION!
- For the sake of originality, for this year, you can submit only one
AMV, so more time to focus on one, and not just put in three (although if you do that, you must be a superhuman)
● Your AMV MUST NOT have been entered in previous SMASH! AMV competitions, nor have competed in any other previous competitions
- To preserve the fairness and originality of the competition, we decided to implement this rule, as we'd like to see all editors battle it out in Australia's biggest AMV competition!
● Japanese made animations from games and other shows, manga artworks AND Japanese style animation not produced in Japan are NOW ALLOWED to be used in your AMV!
- We decided to be a bit flexible and let you expand your creativity!
● Videos can now be made up to 6 minutes
- We are giving you that extra minute to showcase your AMV. However, make sure you keep us entertained throughout the AMV!
● Crucially, the way we judge AMVs
- Every year, we strive to make sure we choose the best AMVs out there and this year is no exception. However, we will be sure to judge your AMV based on a number of factors such as your originality, creativity, technical abilities, video and music integration, along with following the rules. There will be finalists revealed before the SMASH! event period
so you can see who will stand out the most amongst the others!
These are some of the many changes and additions
that we offer in the SMASH! AMV Competition! Again, please look at the rules and submission guidelines
to make sure you know what to do when entering the competition!
That's all there is to it! For those who decide to come back and enter in the AMV competition, Welcome back! For those who are new to this, your participation in this competition is greatly appreciated, and we will do our best to show your works to the Australian public (and the world too).
If you have any questions or queries, please do not hesitate to contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
, via PM here in the forums or just simply message in this thread and we will get back to you ASAP!
Well what are you waiting for? Get cracking and come and join Australia's biggest AMV competition! And for those who enter, I wish you Good Luck and all the best!
- Renato, Nathan, Eake and Anam
--------What time is the deadline in your end? Find out below!UTC+/0 - Sunday, 6 August 2017 @ 1:59 p.m.
Cities include: ReykjavikUTC+1 - Sunday, 6 August 2017 @ 2:59 p.m.
Cities include: London, Dublin, LisbonUTC+2 - Sunday, 6 August 2017 @ 3:59 p.m.
Cities include: Paris, Frankfurt, Rome, Madrid, Zurich, JohannesburgUTC+3 - Sunday, 6 August 2017 @ 4:59 p.m.
Cities include: Sofia, Athens, Helsinki, Bucharest, IstanbulUTC+4 - Sunday, 6 August 2017 @ 5:59 p.m.
Cities include: Moscow, DubaiUTC+5 - Sunday, 6 August 2017 @ 6:59 p.m.
Cities include: Karachi, IslamabadUTC+5:30 - Sunday, 6 August 2017 @ 7:29 p.m.
Cities include: New Delhi, MumbaiUTC+6 - Sunday, 6 August 2017 @ 7:59 p.m.
Cities include: YangonUTC+7 - Sunday, 6 August 2017 @ 8:59 p.m.
Cities include: BangkokUTC+8 - Sunday, 6 August 2017 @ 9:59 p.m.
Cities include: Perth, Singapore, Manila, Hong Kong, Beijing, Kuala LumpurUTC+9 - Sunday, 6 August 2017 @ 10:59 p.m.
Cities include: Tokyo, SeoulUTC+9:30 - Sunday, 6 August 2017 @ 11:29 p.m.
Cities include: Adelaide, DarwinUTC+10 - Sunday, 6 August 2017 @ 11:59 p.m.
Cities include: Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra, HobartUTC+12 - Monday, 7 August 2017 @ 1:59 a.m.
Cities include: Auckland, WellingtonUTC-10 - Sunday, 6 August 2017 @ 3:59 a.m.
Cities include: HonoluluUTC-8 - Sunday, 6 August 2017 @ 5:59 a.m.
Cities include: AnchorageUTC-7 (Pacific Daylight Time) - Sunday, 6 August 2017 @ 6:59 a.m.
Cities include: Los Angeles, Seattle, Vancouver, PhoenixUTC-6 (Mountain Daylight Time) - Sunday, 6 August 2017 @ 7:59 a.m.
Cities include: Calgary, Edmonton, Denver, TegucigalpaUTC-5 (Central Daylight Time) - Sunday, 6 August 2017 @ 8:59 a.m.
Cities include: Chicago, Houston, New Orleans, Winnipeg, BogotaUTC-4 (Eastern Daylight Time) - Sunday, 6 August 2017 @ 9:59 a.m.
Cities include: Atlanta, Boston, New York, Washington DC, Toronto, SantiagoUTC-3 - Sunday, 6 August 2017 @ 10:59 a.m.
Cities include: Halifax, Buenos Aires, Sao Paolo, Rio de Janeiro