Youmacon 2017 Fan Art Theater Competition - Winners Announced

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Re: Youmacon 2017 Fan Art Theater Competition - Finalists announced

Post by ngsilver » Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:47 pm

We are streaming live at Youma! There might be some issues with the internet here as it is not that great this year. However for now we are going.

http://www.fanarttheater.com/2017/11/03 ... acon-2017/
ImageImageImageImage

Mr. Shmucker
Org Profile

Post by Mr. Shmucker » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:02 am

In response to having just found out that the awards were listed on the Fan Art Theater twitter:

Winning the "Mikey Really Liked This" Award really means a lot to me. I'd like to thank my mom and dad, for their support; Hayao Miyazaki, for teaching me anime was a mistake; and most of all Mikey, without whom, this award would not exist.
I really needed a win after finding out the Germans were burning the best selling item at my friends' store.
I have no clue who you are Mikey (you're not even listed on the Fan Art Theater page), but today I learned that not all heroes are named Mike, some of them are named Mikey.

God Bless AMikeyca
Last edited by Mr. Shmucker on Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MaboroshiStudio
Org Profile

Post by MaboroshiStudio » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:26 am

Mr. Shmucker wrote:In response to having just found out that the awards were listed on the Fan Art Theater twitter:

Winning the "Mikey Really Liked This" Award really means a lot to me. I'd like to thank my mom and dad, for their support; Hayao Miyazaki, for teaching me anime was a mistake; and most of all Mikey, without whom, this award would not exist.
I really needed a win after finding out the Germans were burning my the best selling item at my friends' store.
I have no clue who you are Mikey (you're not even listed on the Fan Art Theater page), but today I learned that not all heroes are named Mike, some of them are named Mikey.

God Bless AMikeyca
Reports of my death were greatly exaggerated...

www.maboroshistudio.com
YouTube Channel

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:49 am

Award winners have been posted! viewtopic.php?p=1556497#p1556497
Sorry for the delay...

Mr. Shmucker wrote:In response to having just found out that the awards were listed on the Fan Art Theater twitter:

I really needed a win after finding out the Germans were burning the best selling item at my friends' store.

God Bless AMikeyca
It is pretty often where usually I will need to explain an award or two and this one is no exception. However, the explanation is one that is really needed to be done in person. So next we meet I'll be happy to explain this award to you. But let it be known that Mikey really did like your video :D
ImageImageImageImage

Mr. Shmucker
Org Profile

Post by Mr. Shmucker » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:59 am

ngsilver wrote: It is pretty often where usually I will need to explain an award or two and this one is no exception. However, the explanation is one that is really needed to be done in person. So next we meet I'll be happy to explain this award to you. But let it be known that Mikey really did like your video :D
Thanks! I think the title of the award was pretty self-explanatory, I just wrote that because I am a degenerate memer :twisted:.

shorisquared
AMV History Archiver
Org Profile

Post by shorisquared » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:09 am

I'd love the full list with creator name included if you want me to throw together a whole playlist.
ImageImage

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Re: Youmacon 2017 Fan Art Theater Competition - Rules

Post by Rider4Z » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:25 am

ngsilver wrote:098 - Exhibition - City of Gold - MycathatesyouAMV - The Gold Star Award
*COUGH*

I really hope the ballot and credit slides weren't listed this way.

MaboroshiStudio
Org Profile

Post by MaboroshiStudio » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:43 pm

Rider4Z wrote:
ngsilver wrote:098 - Exhibition - City of Gold - MycathatesyouAMV - The Gold Star Award
*COUGH*

Quoted Image converted to link:
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/epi ... 1108231112

doh...
Reports of my death were greatly exaggerated...

www.maboroshistudio.com
YouTube Channel

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:25 pm

Rider4Z wrote:
*COUGH*

Quoted Image converted to link:
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/epi ... 1108231112

This was only this way in the award document I printed out and based the print out on, the database has the correct info and it was a dyslexic moment on my part that I forgot to fix on my PC at-con after we noticed the issue. I've fixed it now on my system as well as here. We remove names from the ballots and there were no slides at the event.
ImageImageImageImage

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:06 am

shorisquared wrote:I'd love the full list with creator name included if you want me to throw together a whole playlist.
Sorry for the delay on this one. The normal listing of entries, winners, ect with links and info can be found here: http://contests.ngsilver.com/youma_fina ... t_2017.php
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “AMV Contests”