Youmacon 2017 Fan Art Theater Competition - Winners Announced

This forum is for the announcement and discussion of anime music video contests.
ngsilver
The Hookah Guy
Org Profile

Re: Youmacon 2017 Fan Art Theater Competition - Deadline 10-6-2017!!!

Postby ngsilver » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:03 am

Deadline clarification. Today is the last day to submit an entry. Entry submissions will be shut down at 12:01am on Oct 7th (about 23 hours from this posting). However web link submissions will still be allowed to be sent in through the weekend as I will be out of town (in Canada) and it's normal procedure at this point. As long as you put in your upload link request and the system shows the link in your entry status you are fine (if the feature to put a link in doesn't exist you waited too long.) Rule of thumb, get your link in by the end of Saturday.

I will still be allowing for re-submission if there is an issue with an entry as usual. Timeframe for the fixed video to be sent in will be Tuesday. You will be contacted via the system when your status is updated informing you that you are eligible to re-submit if it is available.

Little known fact, need an extra few days to finish editing... send in a broken mp4 file that doesn't meet the rules... get a few extra days to edit... profit!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

ngsilver
The Hookah Guy
Org Profile

Postby ngsilver » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:38 am

Quick Entry Status Rundown:

Un-viewed - I haven't looked at or done anything with your submission yet
Entry form received - I've seen your entry, but haven't gotten your video yet
Video Received - I've gotten your video
Video Checked - Video has been received and passed 1st round QC. Entries in this stage will compete with the judges who have final QC Check say and may still DQ entries. Check your coordinator notes to see if anything can be changed to resolve this potential problem with your entry
Problems Found - Your entry did not pass 1st round QC. There is a problem. You need to fix and re-submit.

The following 2 status are related to convention showings:

Video Accepted - Entry has been selected to be shown at the convention. This does not mean it has won an award.
Accepted for Overflow - Entry is not part of the convention showing. This does not mean it has not won an award. This also does not mean it wont be shown at any point during the convention.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Postby Rider4Z » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:33 am

"Exhibition" is the general contest, right?

ngsilver
The Hookah Guy
Org Profile

Postby ngsilver » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:23 am

yes
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Pwcagal
Org Profile

Postby Pwcagal » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:14 pm

Womp womp. I keep trying to get a verification code to login but it doesn't wanna give me one. I reset my password to make sure I have the right email and it sent me the recovery email. But still no verification email. :(

ngsilver
The Hookah Guy
Org Profile

Postby ngsilver » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:39 pm

Pwcagal wrote:Womp womp. I keep trying to get a verification code to login but it doesn't wanna give me one. I reset my password to make sure I have the right email and it sent me the recovery email. But still no verification email. :(

Did you check your spam folder. I have found this is a common place for the verification message to goto for gmail accounts. If still not there, please PM me privately (or hit up the email account requested in the rules for issues as I can access that quicker) and provide your username and email.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Pwcagal
Org Profile

Postby Pwcagal » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:08 pm

Fixed! Thanks NGSilver! No it just was taking a long time to come in. lol.

ngsilver
The Hookah Guy
Org Profile

Postby ngsilver » Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:55 am

All entries submitted to this point have been QC'ed and status updated. The entry system will no longer allow entries to be submitted but you still have time to submit a re-submission or your original submission via web-link.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Cenit
LinkinBall Z
Org Profile

Postby Cenit » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:59 am

Thank you for the quick status update. I'm sorry to hear that h265 currently causes problems for your system. Right now i can't make h264 versions. Also sad to hear that the credits in Classic cause problems. I certainly can't edit a new track for the last 20 seconds of the song as the MEP is done.

Any chance that 2018 you will support x265?
"Watch me. That's the real joke."

ngsilver
The Hookah Guy
Org Profile

Postby ngsilver » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:56 am

We support x265. I have been able to play it in the past. I'm not sure what's wrong with your entries but the video will not render. I will look into it more tonight after I get home, however I would recommend seeing if you can create x264 versions to send in to replace the ones you already submitted as we are still within the re-submission period.
Last edited by ngsilver on Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

ngsilver
The Hookah Guy
Org Profile

Postby ngsilver » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:01 am

We have officially entered the re-submission period. I have updated the status of all entries submitted. Please check and ensure you received the email or have checked the system for your entry status. Those that had issues with their entries are able to re-submit a corrected version. The deadline to resubmit will be 12:01am EDT on Oct 11th. You will only have 1 chance and all re-submissions need to be sent in to us by that time as that is when we will turn off the web link submission system.

I cannot offer any extensions on submissions this year as we are butting up against our first judging session with the re-submission period. Those that missed the submission window feel free to save your entries for next year as we will be accepting entries as early as May. For those of you who did get your entries in thanks and we look forward to see what ya'll came up with this year!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

ngsilver
The Hookah Guy
Org Profile

Postby ngsilver » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:34 pm

Cenit wrote:Thank you for the quick status update. I'm sorry to hear that h265 currently causes problems for your system. Right now i can't make h264 versions. Also sad to hear that the credits in Classic cause problems. I certainly can't edit a new track for the last 20 seconds of the song as the MEP is done.

Any chance that 2018 you will support x265?

The credits in an entry rule has been a part of the rules for years, this is nothing new. While we have provisions for videos where it cannot be easily removed, the way this entry looks it's completely obvious the last segment is full credits.

As for the x265 support, for some reason I was having issues with my setup and after some re-installs the issue has been resolved and your entries check out.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

ngsilver
The Hookah Guy
Org Profile

Postby ngsilver » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:35 pm

Re-submission is now over. All status updates have been sent out. Thanks for entering everyone and those that missed the deadline better luck next year. Judging will be taking place over the next few weeks. We will be posting the results of the at-con viewing selection at least the week of the convention if not sooner depending on when we have the results.

More info on streams, showtimes, ect will be posted closer to the convention when we have a firm grasp on all of the details.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Cenit
LinkinBall Z
Org Profile

Postby Cenit » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:37 am

Thank you for the hard work. Glad it worked out. Thanks for explaining the situation with Classic and good luck with the contest!
"Watch me. That's the real joke."

ngsilver
The Hookah Guy
Org Profile

Postby ngsilver » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:22 pm

Finalists have been posted!
viewtopic.php?p=1556496#p1556496
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Return to “AMV Contests”