Such Otakon, Very 2017, Much DC, Wow

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
VicBond007
Org Profile

Re: Such Otakon, Very 2017, Much DC, Wow

Post by VicBond007 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:17 am

Sixty...
eight.

So close.
"With free bagels we can live like Kings!...Kings who have to pay for their own castle in order to get the free bagels!" - Omar Jenkins

TnAdct1
Org Profile

Post by TnAdct1 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:02 am

VicBond007 wrote:Sixty...
eight.

So close.
Wow, that's a low number in terms of Otakon. :|

shorisquared
AMV History Archiver
Org Profile

Post by shorisquared » Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:49 am

VicBond007 wrote:Sixty...
eight.

So close.
Just one off...
ImageImage

Pwcagal
Org Profile

Post by Pwcagal » Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:18 pm

Meatwad was going to submit something and didn't. I'm so disappointed in him now.

Davis 51
Org Profile

Post by Davis 51 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:09 pm

Wow, that's a shockingly low number. I guess the short submission period hurt pretty bad. :(

Looking forward to a great contest though. Hopefully the ones that made it in are as stellar as ever. Though that may be hard to live up to. Last year was the single best AMV contest I've ever seen and the only time I saw a contest twice in one con willingly (aka that I didn't staff), and I've been going to Otakon since 2007.
Under The Box Productions is my studio.
My youtube page is: http://www.youtube.com/user/UnderTheBoxProduct

TnAdct1
Org Profile

Post by TnAdct1 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:00 am

Davis 51 wrote:Wow, that's a shockingly low number. I guess the short submission period hurt pretty bad. :(
I think that's part of it, as a lack of promotion also played a role here (i.e. unless you visit the a-m-v.org forums or checked the Otakon web page/Facebook account, you may not be aware of the contest).

dragontamer5788
Org Profile

Post by dragontamer5788 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:20 am

TnAdct1 wrote:
Davis 51 wrote:Wow, that's a shockingly low number. I guess the short submission period hurt pretty bad. :(
I think that's part of it, as a lack of promotion also played a role here (i.e. unless you visit the a-m-v.org forums or checked the Otakon web page/Facebook account, you may not be aware of the contest).
Maybe there should be a "How do I submit" poster at the AMV Screenings?

I mean, literally thousands of people will walk into the AMV Theater. Might as well put up a $10 or $20 poster that describes the contest rules. It'd be nice to see some new blood after all. Maybe even a poster that advertises a "Beginner AMV panel" at the Con??

--------------

Aside from that, the first post says that pre-screenings were on July 8th. Any updates on how long it takes to tally up the score? I can imagine that maybe there could be a few technical issues + replays that need to happen this week. (July 8th only gave like... 5 days after submission to address any issues, like censorship / trolls / whatever). So that's an aggressive schedule for sure.

Still, I'm nervous. I'd like to see if our video made it in this year. :awesome:

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:24 am

dragontamer5788 wrote:Aside from that, the first post says that pre-screenings were on July 8th. Any updates on how long it takes to tally up the score? I can imagine that maybe there could be a few technical issues + replays that need to happen this week. (July 8th only gave like... 5 days after submission to address any issues, like censorship / trolls / whatever). So that's an aggressive schedule for sure.
VicBond007 wrote:Judging is being held on the 8th, so finalists will likely be posted the following week.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

dragontamer5788
Org Profile

Post by dragontamer5788 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:16 pm

Scintilla wrote:
dragontamer5788 wrote:Aside from that, the first post says that pre-screenings were on July 8th. Any updates on how long it takes to tally up the score? I can imagine that maybe there could be a few technical issues + replays that need to happen this week. (July 8th only gave like... 5 days after submission to address any issues, like censorship / trolls / whatever). So that's an aggressive schedule for sure.
VicBond007 wrote:Judging is being held on the 8th, so finalists will likely be posted the following week.
Thanks! Also for the link to the post, that was helpful too.

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:54 am

I'm almost afraid to ask, but was that 68 before or after DQs?
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Return to “AMV Contests”