Such Otakon, Very 2017, Much DC, Wow

This forum is for the announcement and discussion of anime music video contests.
User avatar
VicBond007
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2001 3:00 pm
Location: New Jersey
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Such Otakon, Very 2017, Much DC, Wow

Postby VicBond007 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:17 am

Sixty...
eight.

So close.
"With free bagels we can live like Kings!...Kings who have to pay for their own castle in order to get the free bagels!" - Omar Jenkins

User avatar
TnAdct1
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2001 9:23 am
Location: Clinton, MD
Org Profile

Re: Such Otakon, Very 2017, Much DC, Wow

Postby TnAdct1 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:02 am

VicBond007 wrote:Sixty...
eight.

So close.

Wow, that's a low number in terms of Otakon. :|

User avatar
shorisquared
AMV History Archiver
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:44 am
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Such Otakon, Very 2017, Much DC, Wow

Postby shorisquared » Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:49 am

VicBond007 wrote:Sixty...
eight.

So close.

Just one off...
Image
ImageImageImageImageImage

User avatar
Pwcagal
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:47 pm
Location: USA
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Such Otakon, Very 2017, Much DC, Wow

Postby Pwcagal » Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:18 pm

Meatwad was going to submit something and didn't. I'm so disappointed in him now.

Image

User avatar
Davis 51
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2004 3:53 pm
Status: Under The Box Productions
Org Profile

Re: Such Otakon, Very 2017, Much DC, Wow

Postby Davis 51 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:09 pm

Wow, that's a shockingly low number. I guess the short submission period hurt pretty bad. :(

Looking forward to a great contest though. Hopefully the ones that made it in are as stellar as ever. Though that may be hard to live up to. Last year was the single best AMV contest I've ever seen and the only time I saw a contest twice in one con willingly (aka that I didn't staff), and I've been going to Otakon since 2007.
Under The Box Productions is my studio.
My youtube page is: http://www.youtube.com/user/UnderTheBoxProduct

User avatar
TnAdct1
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2001 9:23 am
Location: Clinton, MD
Org Profile

Re: Such Otakon, Very 2017, Much DC, Wow

Postby TnAdct1 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:00 am

Davis 51 wrote:Wow, that's a shockingly low number. I guess the short submission period hurt pretty bad. :(

I think that's part of it, as a lack of promotion also played a role here (i.e. unless you visit the a-m-v.org forums or checked the Otakon web page/Facebook account, you may not be aware of the contest).

dragontamer5788
Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2006 5:07 pm
Org Profile

Re: Such Otakon, Very 2017, Much DC, Wow

Postby dragontamer5788 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:20 am

TnAdct1 wrote:
Davis 51 wrote:Wow, that's a shockingly low number. I guess the short submission period hurt pretty bad. :(

I think that's part of it, as a lack of promotion also played a role here (i.e. unless you visit the a-m-v.org forums or checked the Otakon web page/Facebook account, you may not be aware of the contest).


Maybe there should be a "How do I submit" poster at the AMV Screenings?

I mean, literally thousands of people will walk into the AMV Theater. Might as well put up a $10 or $20 poster that describes the contest rules. It'd be nice to see some new blood after all. Maybe even a poster that advertises a "Beginner AMV panel" at the Con??

--------------

Aside from that, the first post says that pre-screenings were on July 8th. Any updates on how long it takes to tally up the score? I can imagine that maybe there could be a few technical issues + replays that need to happen this week. (July 8th only gave like... 5 days after submission to address any issues, like censorship / trolls / whatever). So that's an aggressive schedule for sure.

Still, I'm nervous. I'd like to see if our video made it in this year. :awesome:

User avatar
Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2003 8:47 pm
Status: Quo
Location: New Jersey
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Such Otakon, Very 2017, Much DC, Wow

Postby Scintilla » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:24 am

dragontamer5788 wrote:Aside from that, the first post says that pre-screenings were on July 8th. Any updates on how long it takes to tally up the score? I can imagine that maybe there could be a few technical issues + replays that need to happen this week. (July 8th only gave like... 5 days after submission to address any issues, like censorship / trolls / whatever). So that's an aggressive schedule for sure.

VicBond007 wrote:Judging is being held on the 8th, so finalists will likely be posted the following week.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

dragontamer5788
Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2006 5:07 pm
Org Profile

Re: Such Otakon, Very 2017, Much DC, Wow

Postby dragontamer5788 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:16 pm

Scintilla wrote:
dragontamer5788 wrote:Aside from that, the first post says that pre-screenings were on July 8th. Any updates on how long it takes to tally up the score? I can imagine that maybe there could be a few technical issues + replays that need to happen this week. (July 8th only gave like... 5 days after submission to address any issues, like censorship / trolls / whatever). So that's an aggressive schedule for sure.

VicBond007 wrote:Judging is being held on the 8th, so finalists will likely be posted the following week.


Thanks! Also for the link to the post, that was helpful too.

User avatar
BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:32 pm
Status: Breathing
Location: Merrimack, NH
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Such Otakon, Very 2017, Much DC, Wow

Postby BasharOfTheAges » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:54 am

I'm almost afraid to ask, but was that 68 before or after DQs?

User avatar
MycathatesyouAMV
Based Dicknugget
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:00 pm
Status: Looking for candy
Location: Every which way, but forward
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Such Otakon, Very 2017, Much DC, Wow

Postby MycathatesyouAMV » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:24 pm

Image
Skype: Mycathatesyou0000
Discord: MycathatesyouAMV#5994

User avatar
shorisquared
AMV History Archiver
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:44 am
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Such Otakon, Very 2017, Much DC, Wow

Postby shorisquared » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:09 pm

Image
ImageImageImageImageImage

User avatar
MaboroshiStudio
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2001 9:16 pm
Status: Reports of my death were greatly exaggerated
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Such Otakon, Very 2017, Much DC, Wow

Postby MaboroshiStudio » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:33 pm

Image
Reports of my death were greatly exaggerated...

www.maboroshistudio.com
YouTube Channel

dragontamer5788
Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2006 5:07 pm
Org Profile

Re: Such Otakon, Very 2017, Much DC, Wow

Postby dragontamer5788 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:05 pm

The past few hours have been all:

Image

User avatar
Kireblue
Forum Admin
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:44 pm
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Such Otakon, Very 2017, Much DC, Wow

Postby Kireblue » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:23 pm

Inb4 Vic posts the finalists during the game of thrones premiere and it takes a hour for anyone to notice


Return to “AMV Contests”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests