Anime USA 2017 AMV Contests --Winners Posted Third message First Page!

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Pysh
Org Profile

Re: Anime USA 2017 AMV Contests -- Finalists posted Second message First Page!

Post by Pysh » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:38 am

Freki wrote:I will check with you tomorrow or Tuesday, but I think the confirmation email that I normally send out may have gotten lost in the bunches of Emails I was sending out. Thanks for submitting! I look forward to seeing what you and all the other editors have for us next year!

Freki
Okay :up: sure.
TnAdct1 wrote:Attending the screenings on both nights, I did overhear one person being interested in seeing Castaway on the Moon when people were leaving the AMV room after the Saturday night screening, so it's definitely a good sign for your video.
Oh :o Thanks a lot for sharing...
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

shorisquared
AMV History Archiver
Org Profile

Post by shorisquared » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:42 am

Anime USA 2017 AMV Contest YouTube Playlist:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... _iVah1M7on
ImageImage

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:43 pm

shorisquared wrote:Anime USA 2017 AMV Contest YouTube Playlist:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... _iVah1M7on
I appreciate you doing these.

SteManga
Org Profile

Post by SteManga » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:26 pm

well i am in the finalist that's good, not really agree with the winners choice but ehy you decide

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:41 pm

Pretty sure the audience decides

Freki
Org Profile

Post by Freki » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:16 pm

SteManga wrote:well i am in the finalist that's good, not really agree with the winners choice but ehy you decide
Audience decided, I have posted a partial list of the awards. I am editing the final list for the awards tonight (durn RL work interfering with fun stuff!!!)

The winners are posted in the 3rd post on the first page.

Freki
Jon Webb
Anime USA AMV Track Coordinator.
Freki
Jon Webb
Anime USA AMV Track Director

SteManga
Org Profile

Post by SteManga » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:24 am

Rider4Z wrote:Pretty sure the audience decides
oh right my bad

Freki
Org Profile

Re: Anime USA 2017 AMV Contests --Winners Posted Third message First Page!

Post by Freki » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:03 pm

Alright everyone! Work has been taking my time up and stressing me out a good deal but I'm calming down now that christmas is over with. I hope that you all have had a GREAT holiday and if you celebrate a specific holiday I hope it has been a great one! I personally will say Happy Yule and Merry Christmas to you all!

I have finally had the chance to go over and make the final Edits: I have added in the Runner up's for Nightmare and Naughty categories as well as the Nightmare and Naughy Best in Show and Runner Up. I also added in the Judge's Choice Runner up as well.

So the votes are all counted, it is almost the new year and I have more to tell you! I will be mailing out the Trophies, Certificates, and Medalions for this year on Sat December 30th. I was just getting the Certificates printed tonight, and I have all the envelopes I need for the certificates so be watching your mail boxes! I have not had a chance to always jump on a response in my Email so for that I apologize and I will answer anyone that has not gotten a response from me recently this weekend after I get the prizes mailed to you! Once I do get them mailed I will Email each winner and inform them it is coming. You all have been great this year! and look for the 2018 contest rules to be posted in February as AUSA is back to it's October time frame!

Some of the new things that will be changed for next year:
1) We will be changing the restriction of Japanese only anime being the focus of the contest, and opening it up to ALL Anime as long as a good portion (actual percentage to be decided later) is based upon Japanese Anime. For instance this brings in Avatar, the new Voltron, and several others in to the contest! I am hoping that we will start to see a great variety of AMV sources next year! (not that it's not been lacking but giving you all more to work with can never be bad! WEEEEELL.... you might think it's bad because now you have more to make decisions about hehehe!)

2) Live Action will be further defined and kept for next year. I will say that what we received this year was GREAT but there needs to be more put into this in order to make sure it is kept at a PG-13 or similar audience standard for the Main Contest.

3) Secret negotiations are still on going for this new item for next year! Stay tuned!

4) I am trying to work on a way to allow you to follow a link and upload directly to my Drop Box if you didn't want to share in other ways (it was asked for).

Thank you once again one and ALL!

Freki
Jon Webb
Anime USA AMV Track Coordinator
Freki
Jon Webb
Anime USA AMV Track Director

Mr. Shmucker
Org Profile

Post by Mr. Shmucker » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:07 am

The powers of Nightmare stood no chance against the powers of Naughtiness for the Best in Contest section, proving that lewd >>> edge.

TnAdct1
Org Profile

Post by TnAdct1 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:55 am

Mr. Shmucker wrote:The powers of Nightmare stood no chance against the powers of Naughtiness for the Best in Contest section, proving that lewd >>> edge.
Not to mention the fact that the WWJD video is easily of the funniest videos of the year. :rofl:

Return to “AMV Contests”