Sakura-Con 20th Year (2017) Opening Ceremonies Video Contest

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Dessa
Org Profile

Sakura-Con 20th Year (2017) Opening Ceremonies Video Contest

Post by Dessa » Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:36 am

2017 is Sakura-Con's 20th year (where has the time gone?), and we need an AMAZING video for our Opening Ceremonies to go along with such a big milestone. Plus, if your video is chosen, you get two complimentary memberships to Sakura-Con 2017!
[better contest blurb likely to be coming]

Rules:
1) Sakura-Con Opening Ceremonies Video Contest is open to all entrants. All entrants under 18 years of age will need to provide parent/guardian contact information with their entry.
2) Videos should be roughly 4 minutes in length. Video may be no more than 5 minutes in length, and should be at least 2 minutes in length. Videos shorter than 2 minutes may be considered, but priority will be given to videos closer to the 4 minute mark.
3) All videos are required to be in at least a resolution of 640x480. However, preference will be given to those with 720p or higher resolution. Videos also must have a frame rate of 23.98 (preferred) or 29.976. Audio shall be at a sampling rate of no lower than 44,100Hz (48,000Hz preferred).
4) Videos will only be accepted in one of the following formats:
AVI: Lagarith, Ut, HuffYUV, DivX/Xvid
MKV: Matroska container using H.264 video and MP3 or PCM audio
MPG: Mpeg2 codec (either MPEG1 Layer 2 or AC3 audio)
MP4: H.264 video compression
5) Only one video per entrant is allowed. Videos must be the work of the entrant. In the case of collaboration work, entrant will be the one who performed the highest percentage of work. Collaborators will be acknowledged, but only the entrant will be awarded.
6) The video may consist of anime, video game, or live action footage, but all must be from Asian sources (i.e. no Avatar, Wakfu, etc).
7) Convention footage (both still and video) is allowed, provided that it is footage from a previous Sakura-Con (no non-SC footage is allowed). Footage may only be used with the permission of the copyright holder.
8) Videos are encouraged, but not required, to have a mixture of both anime/video game/live action and Sakura-Con content.
9) Video must be appropriate for all ages and may not contain any graphic or explicit imagery. This includes, but is not limited to, violence, inappropriate gestures, nudity, or sexual content. Convention footage may not include any footage that violates, can be construed as violating, or encouraging violation of any Sakura-Con policy, in addition to the above.
10) Song may be instrumental or lyrical. Song must be appropriate for all ages and may not contain any profanity, explicit language, or sexual lyrics.
11) Video must be “clean” (i.e. no subtitles, lyrics, credits, station identification, etc).
12) Videos may be submitted via either FTP or upload sites (such as drop-box), provided that no sign ups are required to access. If you are unable to use one of these methods, please contact ceremonies[at]sakuracon[dot]org for alternative methods.
13) The Ceremonies Coordinator reserves the right to request alterations to the video as to bring it further in-line with the rest of the ceremony.
14) Entries are due by March 1, 2017, and winner will be notified by March 17, 2017.
15) The creator of the winning video will be awarded with two (2) complimentary memberships to Sakura-Con 2017.

The entry page isn't up yet (I'll update when it's up), but let me know if you have any other questions.

~Dessa, Sakura-Con Ceremonies Coordinator.

Dessa
Org Profile

Re: Sakura-Con 20th Year (2017) Opening Ceremonies Video Contest

Post by Dessa » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:02 am

Oops, forgot to update this with the contest link.

Still a few weeks left to enter!
Shade and Sweet Water,
Dessa
Sakura-Con Ceremonies Coordinator

Pysh
Org Profile

Post by Pysh » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:58 am

Dessa wrote:Oops, forgot to update this with the contest link.

Don't Worry... I had seen it the day it was updated. I started working long ago but currently on hiatus as I've the roulette and other stuff to work on but it'll be done within the deadline ;) BTW I needed to know if it's fine to publish the video after results i mean in case it's not selected as opening ceremony video ?
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Dessa
Org Profile

Post by Dessa » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:45 pm

Pysh wrote:
Dessa wrote:Oops, forgot to update this with the contest link.

Don't Worry... I had seen it the day it was updated. I started working long ago but currently on hiatus as I've the roulette and other stuff to work on but it'll be done within the deadline ;) BTW I needed to know if it's fine to publish the video after results i mean in case it's not selected as opening ceremony video ?
Publishing is fine, as long as it's not the winning video (after con for winning video!).
Shade and Sweet Water,
Dessa

Pysh
Org Profile

Post by Pysh » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:03 am

How much time left to submit ?
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Dessa
Org Profile

Post by Dessa » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:34 pm

Pysh wrote:How much time left to submit ?
The deadline is today, but if you need a little more time, drop me a line at ceremonies@sakuracon.org , and we can work something out
Shade and Sweet Water,
Dessa

Dessa
Org Profile

Post by Dessa » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:35 am

The contest is now closed! We will be watching videos next weekend, and notifying the winner after that.

We got ELEVEN entries! That's awesome and amazing, and I can't wait to watch them all!
Shade and Sweet Water,
Dessa

Dessa
Org Profile

Post by Dessa » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:46 am

Thank you for everyone who submitted, and the winner has been notified.
Shade and Sweet Water,
Dessa

Return to “AMV Contests”