SakuraCon 2017 - With Winners

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

SakuraCon 2017 - With Winners

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:11 pm

CONTEST WITH WINNERS:

TRAILERS & INTROS
T1 - 'Sailor Mars' by MinetChan - Wonder Woman Trailer Audio - Sailor Moon Crystal
T2 - 'Paranoia Things' by King Redeem - Stranger Things Trailer Audio - Paranoia Agent
T3 - 'Inspector Conan' by Nekokitkat - Inspector Gadget Theme song - Detective Conan (Case Closed)
T4 - 'Blades of Yuri' by BecauseImBored1 - Blades of Glory Trailer Audio - Yuri on Ice (BEST TRAILER)
T5 - 'If I Stay In April' by Frightfairy - If I Stay Trailer Trailer Audio - Your Lie in April

DRAMA
D1 - 'Ambition' by Celia Phantomhive - Life Itself Glass Animals - Yuri on Ice
D2 - 'Fiat Lux' by PieandBeer - Sleeping At Last by Sun - Tokyo Godfathers (BEST DRAMA)
D3 - 'Devoid' by MycathatesyouAMV - Wake Up NF - Death Parade
D4 - 'Ashen Chords' by Xophilarus - 27 Hours BANKS - Hibike! Euphonium
D5 - 'Kaikiphony' by Iren S.S. - Symphony No. 9 "From The New World" Antonín Dvořák - Various
D6 - 'VIP' by MadMegatax - Ke$ha by VIP - Various (BEST CONCEPT)

FUN
F1 - 'DeCake' by AntaresHeart07 - Cake by the ocean DNCE - Various
F2 - '#TalkSkatingToMe' by Gina Nelson - Jason Derulo by Talk Dirty to Me - Yuri on Ice (BEST FUN)
F3 - 'The Gift of Seduction' by Warlike Cygnet - I’ll Get You What you Want Bret McKenzie - Ouran High School Host Club
F4 - 'Fowl Play' by BecauseImBored1 - Wanna Be Like You Fall Out Boy - Princess Tutu
F5 - 'Money$hot' by MycathatesyouAMV - Bruno Mars by 24K Magic - Noragami, Various (JUDGES' CHOICE)

SENTIMENTS
S1 - 'Timeless' by hamstar138 - Avicii ft. Aloe Blacc by Wake Me Up - Various (BEST SENTIMENTS, BEST IN SHOW)
S2 - 'My Songs & Stories' by Drabaz - 7 Years Lukas Graham - Dragon Ball
S3 - 'Paradise Lost' by EnQuatre - Say Something Max Schneider, Victoria Justice - Shinsekai Yori
S4 - 'Hearts On Ice' by MinetChan - These Silent Hearts BT - Yuri!!! On ICE & Endless Night
S5 - 'A Better Place' by Maboroshi Studio, MomtoCutie Pia & That's So Pia - Better Place Rachel Platten - Ponyo
S6 - 'Weeaboo Peekaboo' by Shin - Clock Strikes One OK ROCK - Various

RHYTHM
R1 - 'C.T.F.O' by KeiichiFace - Aloha Møme - Various
R2 - 'Burnt Animu' by Azukano - Burnt Rice Shawn Wasabi - Various
R3 - 'CDVV Presents The Weeb Jam Megamix' by CornDog VidVids (Ileia, FallChild42, ZephyrStar, Meleechampion, Kitsuner, Radical Yue, nepnep, haunter103) - ESPN by ESPN Presents The Jock Jam Megamix - Various (BEST RHYTHM)
R4 - 'Brake The Rolls' by MycathatesyouAMV - Break The Rules Charli XCX - No Game No Life & The World God Only Knows

ACTION
A1 - 'Fight Back' by Sean Paul Gardner - Demons Icon for Hire - Soul Eater
A2 - 'Cherry Bomb' by Shin - Running with the Wild Things Against the Current - Kill la Kill
A3 - 'Numinous' by MrNosec - Modestep & Koven, Audiomachine by Take It All, Guardians at the Gate (Access Denied Remix) - Various (BEST TECHNICAL)
A4 - 'Data Overload' by Trenzilla - Delta C2C - Summer Wars
A5 - 'Edible Annihilation' by Kisanzi - Tom Player by Desolation - Ben-To (BEST ACTION)
A6 - 'Gloria Fortis Miles' by Rider4Z - Resist and Bite Sabaton - Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress

COMEDY
C1 - 'Dangodere' by hamstar138 - Senpai Notice Me Random Encounters - Clannad & Clannad ~After Story~
C2 - 'What's This?' by Tasha Livingstone - What's This? Danny Elfman - Various (mainly, Welcome to the N.H.K)
C3 - 'Compliments' by Cirera - Compliments Kollektivet - Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
C4 - 'Mr. Suave' by Mary Grace Croasdaile - Meghan Trainor by Me Too - Sakamoto Desu Ga (BEST COMEDY)
C5 - 'One Horn Man' by King Redeem - Unicorn Wizard Ninja Sex Party - Various

Thanks to everyone, it was a great show

Vlad

We are proud to once again bring you Sakura-Con's AMV Contest.

Submissions are now open and you can sign up HERE

Sakura-Con’s AMV contest is an event for fans to showcase their creative talents in the form of music videos. The Contest is open to anyone, be they amateur or professional. Attendance is not required, but is strongly encouraged.

DEADLINE: FEBRUARY 17, 2017

QUICK RULES SUMMARY:
• Submission duration limits: The duration limits for each submission are as follows:
  • AMV Entries: 75sec minimum, 6min maximum.
    Trailers: 1mine minimum, 3min 30sec maximum.
    Commercials: No minimum, 1min maximum.
    Intros: 30sec minimum, 1min 30sec maximum.
• No more than three entries per person/group. Each must be for a different category.
• No subtitles, watermarks, logos, credits, references to other contests or text that is unnecessary to the concept.
• Must not have premiered before August 1st, 2016.
• The majority of your entry’s video content must consist of anime-styled or manga-styled content.
• Audio for all AMV entries (except Trailer/Commercial/Intro) must be majority music. No excessive dialogue.
• Must be age 13+ appropriate.
• AMV-Hell style entries will not be accepted.
• Must satisfy our technical requirements.

Please ensure to read the full set of rules prior to submitting. Rules can be found HERE

Go to the following link to register to participate HERE

We look Forward to getting more awesome entries this year!

Here is the List of Finalists (by category and creator credit name)

CONTEST FINALISTS

ACTION
Kisanzi
MrNosec
Rider4Z
Sean Paul Gardner
Shin
Trenzilla

COMEDY
Cirera
hamstar138
King Redeem
Mary Grace Croasdaile
Tasha Livingstone

DRAMA
Celia Phantomhive
Iren S.S.
MadMegatax
MycathatesyouAMV
PieandBeer
Xophilarus

FUN
AntaresHeart07
BecauseImBored1
Gina Nelson
MycathatesyouAMV
Warlike Cygnet

RHYTHM
Azukano
CornDog VidVids (Ileia, FallChild42, ZephyrStar, Meleechampion, Kitsuner, Radical Yue, nepnep, haunter103)
KeiichiFace
MycathatesyouAMV

SENTIMENTS
Drabaz
EnQuatre
hamstar138
Maboroshi Studio, MomtoCutie Pia & That's So Pia
MinetChan
Shin

TRAILERS & INTROS
BecauseImBored1
Frightfairy
King Redeem
MinetChan
Nekokitkat

CONTEST PRE-SHOW

1MoonGoddess7
Arcana
Glitzer
Ileia
Nathan Gjertson
OnyxAMVs
Pikapwn
Tigrin
UnluckyArtist

NOTES:
- Videos and categories is in alphabetical order and not in order they will be played.
- The Pre-show videos will be shown during the seating and are non-competing.
- Due to the number of entries we have received and limited hours we have to show Non-Finalists in the Sunday block in the AMV Room, we will show only one video per creator (the one with the higher score). If you have a video in the Pre-Show or Contest, then your other Non-Finalists video(s) will not be shown in the in the Sunday block. This guarantees at least one video from all accepted entrants will be shown during the weekend.

THANKS,

Vlad, Jason & Troy
SC 2017 AMV Contest Coordinators
Sakura-Con 2013 - 2019, 2022 AMV Coordinator
Otafest 2012 - 2024 AMV Coordinator
Animethon 2003 - 2024 AMV Coordinator

ranmaman
Org Profile

Re: SakuraCon 2017 - Open for Entries

Post by ranmaman » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:26 pm

I've never submitted to this con, but have submitted to other cons you've run... this latest video i did... I'm not positive if its quite the 13+ appropriate mostly in terms of the concept of the video itself as i did censor the song of most terrible language. I was wondering if one can send a preview link to a video to see if it would be acceptable, or is it more of a "Submit and hope for the best" kinda deal? as i would love to submit this video to as many cons as figure i can send it to that might accept it... but was wondering if it might just be shot down and disqualified for being maybe just over the appropriate level allowed.

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:46 pm

ranmaman wrote:I've never submitted to this con, but have submitted to other cons you've run... this latest video i did... I'm not positive if its quite the 13+ appropriate mostly in terms of the concept of the video itself as i did censor the song of most terrible language. I was wondering if one can send a preview link to a video to see if it would be acceptable, or is it more of a "Submit and hope for the best" kinda deal? as i would love to submit this video to as many cons as figure i can send it to that might accept it... but was wondering if it might just be shot down and disqualified for being maybe just over the appropriate level allowed.
If you submit, we will go over it first and if the language is to much but can be censored we would let you know, OR you can send a link to us first too

Vlad

ranmaman
Org Profile

Post by ranmaman » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:20 am

Vlad G Pohnert wrote: If you submit, we will go over it first and if the language is to much but can be censored we would let you know, OR you can send a link to us first too

Vlad
I sent it Via PM, but if you prefer i can send it to the con email if its better that way - it would go to comedy as think it would be pretty good to anyone who knows the source material

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:45 am

ranmaman wrote:
Vlad G Pohnert wrote: If you submit, we will go over it first and if the language is to much but can be censored we would let you know, OR you can send a link to us first too

Vlad
I sent it Via PM, but if you prefer i can send it to the con email if its better that way - it would go to comedy as think it would be pretty good to anyone who knows the source material
I'll get pack to you in the next couple of days

Vlad

The_McLaughlin
Org Profile

Post by The_McLaughlin » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:36 am

I have a few projects to work on for this year, but with my track record latley not much as been getting finished. I'll work on half the video and then lose interest in it... maybe this will help motivate me to finish a video.

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:10 pm

THAT GLASS BLOWN TROPHY....

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:51 pm

I registered a couple days ago but I never received a password in my email.

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:07 am

Rider4Z wrote:I registered a couple days ago but I never received a password in my email.
sent...

Vlad

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:56 pm

So two months to go for the deadline! Looking forward for another batch of fantastic entries again!

Vlad

Return to “AMV Contests”