NEW AMV Contest in Colorado!! (Deadline 31-Dec-15!)

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Pathos Prime
Org Profile

Re: NEW AMV Contest in Colorado!! (Deadline 31-Dec-15!)

Post by Pathos Prime » Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:21 pm

Xophilarus wrote:
Geirr wrote:
Unfortunately for DRAMA or drama/romance as its own category, a LOT of con audiences treat this as 'the bathroom break,' and I can't count the number of times (like when I went to Kumoricon) that I saw 1/5 to 1/4 the room dump out. Blame the convention fans (as opposed to online contests mostly judges within the AMV community)

- G
The easy way to.fix this is just have drama categories go.first. A lot of contests do it that way I have attended, and they never have those kinds of issues.
Or do like we do it and have a mixed exhibition of all finalists regardless of category before announcing the winners.

Geirr
Org Profile

Post by Geirr » Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:15 am

OK, they have posted 5min max duration, 4 AMVs total of which two can go for the same category.
You do NOT have to be present nor be a paid member to participate.
They will ship prizes to the winners. (I don't know if they also have a certificate or not.)

As always, see their website for complete ( and 'official' ) details, and if the amv@coloradoanimefest.com
doesn't seem to work, email me or PM me here and I can ping them for questions.
I am hoping they get everything up and running OK this year.

I'll also be making recommendations (including categories) for next year too,
and hope things get smoother as this new convention gains experience.

Thank again everyone.

- G

Geirr
Org Profile

Post by Geirr » Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:18 am

Pathos Prime wrote:Or do like we do it and have a mixed exhibition of all finalists regardless of category before announcing the winners.
I don't know about their total time slot, but at Kumoricon I used to show a Pre-Show, then the contest, then a Best-Of show following, to fill whatever time block I was given, and I'd try to pack it with a mix of runner-ups that 'almost made it,' according to notes from the judges, and also throw in some recent popular AMVs that have been taking accolades within the previous year.

- G

Return to “AMV Contests”