Anime Crossroads 2016 MV Contest *WINNERS*

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Fay-Sa
Chasing Crimson Butterflies
Org Profile

Anime Crossroads 2016 MV Contest *WINNERS*

Post by Fay-Sa » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:22 am

The Anime Crossroads MV contest. A wonderful opportunity for editors of all skill levels to display and compete with their video editing and story telling abilities.

Who can enter?
The contest is open to all participants. Although it is strongly encouraged participants in the contest be attendees, attendance is not a requirement for entry. The only exclusion for entry is the direct staff / judges of the Anime Crossroads MV staff. All other Anime Crossroads staff are allowed and encouraged to enter. Please read and understand all the rules listed below. If there are any questions or concerns, please feel free to email your questions to the Anime Crossroads MV coordinator.

What can I enter?
A video production work of editing, mixing audio sources(any audio, mainly music) and video sources. There are no content requirements for this contest. Your videos may contain any type of footage you see fit to use, provided it doesn’t fall into one of the categories for disqualification.

The allowable footage types include but not limited to the following:
* Anime
* Manga
* Video games(both Japanese and Non-Japanese)
* Live Action
* Non-Japanese Cartoons(Avatar The Last Airbender/Korra, My Little Pony, ect...)

Each person is only allowed to send in 2 videos. If your part of a MEP you wish to send and already hit the 2 video limit please message me and we'll discuss from there. Also all videos submitted in previous contest are not allowed. While not a rule if your video has won more then 3 major awards in other AMV/MV Contest before entering Anime Crossroads 2016 I strongly suggest sending another video instead. This way we get to see more new content. However I'm not going to say you can't enter if that the only video you want to enter.

Where can I enter?
At this time we are only accepting digital entries via file sending sites such as http://mega.co.nz/ or other such sites that do not require a membership to download the files or thru your own web hosting site. For more information please look at our “How do I Enter?” section of the rules.

*Do not send me a link to your video on the Org or Youtube*

As the contest will be judged prior to the convention, no entries can be accepted at Anime Crossroads in person.

When can I enter?
Video submissions will be accepted starting NOW!!!!
Entries will be accepted until January 25th 2016!

How do I enter?
Click this link to fill out the entry form (yay no more txt file).

Video Entry Requirements

Blank Space - Please provide 1 to 3 seconds of black video / no audio both before and after your video. If your a little over or under that fine.

Bumpers, title screens, credits, or any other form of creator / footage / audio identification are not allowed: We will be adding custom title screens to identify each video so there really isn’t a need for them on your submitted files, so please remove them. If you're video contains bumpers/titles screens/credits/ect in the video itself (i.e. is part of the video and can not be cut) please let me know when submitting.

Video file must be named in the fallowing format:
Creator – title – music artist – music title – video source . file type

The running time for videos may not exceed 7 minutes or be shorter then 25 seconds.

Final Notes

By submitting your video to this contest you authorize Anime Crossroad staff to screen and distribute it under the Anime Crossroad MV contest title. Anime Crossroad staff reserves the right to disqualify entries for any reason deemed necessary to protect the overall quality and integrity of the event. Entries may be disqualified for any of the following reasons: Objectionable content in the song or video (does not adhere to PG-13 standards), bad audio or video quality, watermarks, subtitled footage that does not apply to the content of the submission, failure to adhere to submission rules, or any reason the contest staff deems necessary. If you are unsure if your video would be disqualified due to the above rule e-mail the contest coordinator and we can view the content of your video and make a decision.

Remember if you have any question about anything above, please feel free to contact the Anime Crossroads 2016 MV coordinator vai PM or email.

Shawnel (Fay-Sa)
acrossamv@gmail.com
Last edited by Fay-Sa on Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:45 am, edited 7 times in total.

Fay-Sa
Org Profile

Re: Anime Crossroads 2016 MV Contest is now open!

Post by Fay-Sa » Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:25 pm

Update: All entries submitted so far have been processed and confirmed. I know the deadline not for awhile but please send your submissions early.

The running time for any video submitted has been extended from 6 minutes to 7 minutes.

Also we're open for suggestions to improve our submissions system... and at this time it looks like we won't be able to repeat the same awards as last year so we're open for suggestions for those as well.

flamefield
Org Profile

Post by flamefield » Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:05 am

Will be entering this year :3
I'm off the radar...

but you can check out my activities here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTpTPv ... A/featured

Fay-Sa
Org Profile

Post by Fay-Sa » Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:08 pm

Just a little over a month left in till the deadline! Send those videos in!

Fay-Sa
Org Profile

Post by Fay-Sa » Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:23 am

2 weeks left to submit! Get those videos in.

Also if you need to re-submit your video PLEASE email me 1st and not just re-submit it as makes a mess of the submission list in docs.

Also I'm happy to report that we will have ribbons for AMV editors this year.

Fay-Sa
Org Profile

Post by Fay-Sa » Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:26 am

Apparently no one reads the rules because this has happened 3 times already.

You may only submit up to 2 videos! No more. This was mention in the rules above. If you send more than 2 I will ask which 2 you wish to enter in the contest. The remaining videos will be moved to the AMV Showcase and will not be eligible for future contest.

Anyway there are 11 days left so be sure to send a couple videos in. Also we will have a AMV Showcase again this year so if you just want to send in something just for show please send it to acrossamv@gmail.com.

Fay-Sa
Org Profile

Post by Fay-Sa » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:29 pm

6 days to go! We need more entries (mostly comedy)

Prizes this year will be certificates and con goodies. Shouldn't take me as long to ship it this time =P

Also we will have another AMV Showcase so if you just want to send a video to be shown and not in the contest please email it to acrossamv@gmail.com or PM me personally. Org links will be allowed for Showcase videos.

Gene Starwind 21122
Samurai Master
Org Profile

Re: Anime Crossroads 2016 MV Contest *2 days left!*

Post by Gene Starwind 21122 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:37 pm

Got you a comedy entry. Hope you all have a great contest this year.
No matter what, stay calm, stay cool and live life to the fullest.
Plus as Gene would say always go big in life.
Anime Mid Atlantic AMV Contest Coordinator 2007-2011
Katsucon AMV Contest Coordinator 2010-2011
T-Mode Contest Coordinator 2013
Nekocon AMV Contest Coordinator 2014

Fay-Sa
Org Profile

Re: Anime Crossroads 2016 MV Contest *Submissions Closed**

Post by Fay-Sa » Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:01 am

Submissions are closed!

Finalist will be announced in a week or so. Good luck to everyone who entered! You will be contacted if you make the finals.

Fay-Sa
Org Profile

Re: Anime Crossroads 2016 MV Contest *FINALIST*

Post by Fay-Sa » Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:46 pm

First I want to say thank you to everyone who entered this year. We had so many wonderful entries.

I'm sorry for such a late announcement. I'm in the process of moving to a new house and it been hard to get anything else done.

Anyway congrats to this years finalist!
(Number is order in which your video will be played at the contest, order picked at random)

#01 - Every Scar Will be my Throne by AntaresHeart07
#02 - Evergreen by StarTrinity009
#03 - Cooking By The Book by Kyci
#04 - Sleazy Swingers by BecauseI'mBored1
#05 - A Righteous Cause by Maboroshi Studio
#06 - Get up and Try by Adam Veselič
#07 - Is It Wrong To Try To Pick Up Groceries In A Dungeon? by BasharOfTheAges
#08 - Attached by Scoob
#09 - Sin City by Cheis106
#10 - Give Me A Reason by Yuka
#11 - Bend Hard Play Hard by Iliea
#12 - Law Of Cycles by JaddziaDax
#13 - Runaway by RenaChen
#14 - Icarus by White Lotus
#15 - One Hell of a Host by BecauseImBored1
#16 - Not a Dream by OnyxAMV
#17 - Angeli Caduti by [key]Scarlet
#18 - Codename S.T.E. by Nekokitkat
#19 – What The Water Gave Me by Vax
#20 - Feel Good Transistor by Kevin Carpenter
#21 - Contest Trolling 101 (Anime Crossroads Ver) by Mr. Pilkington
#22 - Distance by White Lotus
#23 - Unstoppable by Maboroshi Studio & MomtoCutiePia
#24 - Into My Arms by Scoob
#25 - Tearing Smile by Magicflier
#26 - Live Fly Fail Die by James Blond
#27 - A Kiss Underneath the Radar by Mr. Pilkington
#28 - The Absolution Flies On by GloryQuestor
#29 - Outlaws of the Galaxy by Speedy180
#30 - Ponies Make Me Happy by JaddziaDax
#31 - War of the Universe by MinetChan
#32 - Spectrum by Nekokitkat
#33 -Metal Gear Waifu V by NoglasticNinja
#34 - Everybody Wants to Rule the World by MomtoCutiePia
#35 - 50 Flavors of 2015 Passing The Blame by Ileia and Kitsuner

Congrats once again to our finalist! For those who did not make the cut and were not DQ your videos will be moved AMV Showcase.

The contest will be showing on February 20st (Saturday) at 2PM EST in Main Event. What I am hoping to do is to stream both the contest and the audience reaction for those who are not able to attended the convention/contest in person (I believe Youmacon does this). I can't say if we are able to do so at this time. We will be running a test stream during Opening Ceremonies on February 19th (Friday) 1PM EST and if it goes well then we'll stream the contest. I'll post a link here if it happens.

Good luck finalist!

Return to “AMV Contests”