AWA 2015 The Video Art Track - Deadlines SEP 2 & SEP 7

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Hirou Keimou
Org Profile

Re: AWA 2015 The Video Art Track - Deadlines SEP 2 & SEP 7

Post by Hirou Keimou » Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:50 am

GloryQuestor wrote:
Hirou Keimou wrote:It is on the Directory of Contest Results - 2013 and on (that I maintain), under 2015, "Anime Weekend Atlanta". The link points directly to Xophi's post as the official results. afaik, it's a better list of results than the Convention Calendar is.

Also, it is not up to me to add AWA to the Convention Calendar -- additions need to be done by the coordinator of the contests. Not every coordinator uses the Convention Calendar anymore, though. :(
I know where its results are on the forum, and of its contest page; what I mean is this:
Spoiler :
AWA (Anime Weekend Atlanta) is not listed as a convention on the list for this year when submitting an AMV to the database on the Org. I believe this is also what Sephirothskr is pointing out. It's been like this for a while; like the convention ended in September so I waited for it to become available on the list of 2015 Conventions but alas, it hasn't. So I bring it up.

And I hope this clears up some misunderstandings on my previous post. :)

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:09 am

Hirou Keimou wrote:
GloryQuestor wrote: Also, it is not up to me to add AWA to the Convention Calendar -- additions need to be done by the coordinator of the contests. Not every coordinator uses the Convention Calendar anymore, though. :(
AWA (Anime Weekend Atlanta) is not listed as a convention on the list for this year when submitting an AMV to the database on the Org. I believe this is also what Sephirothskr is pointing out. It's been like this for a while; like the convention ended in September so I waited for it to become available on the list of 2015 Conventions but alas, it hasn't. So I bring it up.

And I hope this clears up some misunderstandings on my previous post. :)
Yes, that's exactly what he means by Convention Calendar - that's the calendar in the database that coordinators use to add contests to the list that you can select for videos. The coordinator will need to add that and GQ is not the coordinator, that would be Jingoro. I sent Jingoro a message and asked him if he could add that for us, so he did. It should be available now, if you want to to check.

(And Sephirothskr is definitely talking about the awa-con.com submission page, since he listed the options that it gives you when you want to upload. Rider's response was correct - the con is over and you can't submit anything to that page at this point.)
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:29 am

Damn Ileia going and being all helpful and making things clear. It's so much more fun when people talk past one another. :jester:
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:44 am

I apologize for the late response on this, but I've finally gotten the award ceremony video compiled and available for viewing. Please head over here to see it: https://youtu.be/1HH1U0Goi8c

I sadly lacked the battery power in order to record all of the reactions for masters, so I tapped the final award handing out only. Hopefully by next year I'll have the extra batteries I've been meaning to pick up for just such an occasion.
ImageImageImageImage

jingoro
Org Profile

Post by jingoro » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:53 am

FYI calendar entries for 2016 were put in there too. The dates are very semi-official at this time... they'll be up on our website soon, but this far out they are subject to change.

We also reserve the right to make new events. I'm seriously considering some kind of "dance" music video event for 2016 again. If we're going to keep up the tradition of the AMV dance, we need great CURRENT content. I can't keep playing stuff from 2005 or worse yet, the 80s, and keep the fans interested.

shorisquared
AMV History Archiver
Org Profile

Post by shorisquared » Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:32 pm

jingoro wrote:
I'm seriously considering some kind of "dance" music video event for 2016 again. If we're going to keep up the tradition of the AMV dance, we need great CURRENT content. I can't keep playing stuff from 2005 or worse yet, the 80s, and keep the fans interested.
Another contest? Sounds good to me :twisted:
ImageImage

Sephirothskr
One Winged Angel
Org Profile

Post by Sephirothskr » Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:40 pm

Rider4Z wrote:
Sephirothskr wrote:On the submission page... No idea where it's going.. Vat, just so you have it, or the codes thing.. I'm so confused here.
Convention's over dude.

Oh shit. I'm a tad late. Lmao!!!!

Hirou Keimou
Org Profile

Post by Hirou Keimou » Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:31 pm

Ileia wrote:Yes, that's exactly what he means by Convention Calendar - that's the calendar in the database that coordinators use to add contests to the list that you can select for videos. The coordinator will need to add that and GQ is not the coordinator, that would be Jingoro. I sent Jingoro a message and asked him if he could add that for us, so he did. It should be available now, if you want to to check.
Thank you, it does add now. :D
I'm glad I could bring it to attention again to fix it for others who might've noticed it too.

CeliaPhantomhive
Org Profile

Post by CeliaPhantomhive » Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:44 pm

I wanna see the Thunderdome videos :cry:
:shark:

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:43 pm

Hiiiiii can we get our Thunderdome videos pretty pleeeeaaassse??? :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :cry:

Return to “AMV Contests”