Nan Desu Kan 2015 **WINNERS ANNOUNCED**

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Re: Nan Desu Kan 2015 **WINNERS ANNOUNCED**

Post by Radical_Yue » Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:53 pm

While Figaro wasn't my cup of tea personally, I'll never say a video didn't deserve a win. It doesn't do a whole lot for me but the audience reaction is undeniable. Once I get all the audience videos up you'll see what I mean.

And considering for the past who knows how many years the audience choice has almost always been a super duper artsy Category X video, I'll cut them a bit of slack on choosing a video that makes them giggle like 5 year olds :P It is their award to give after all.

Overall this contest was phenomenal. It's sappy as all hell but the drama category wasn't the only reason I was tearing up as videos played. The support from the audience and the work that Valion and scottanime put in to this contest amazes me.

Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, to every single editor that submit, showed up, or showed support. I can't wait until next year.

Ps.

Next year is the con's 20th anniversary. While nothing has been set in stone yet, some basic spitballing has provided so freakin' AMAZING ideas so I can't wait to see everyone's best work. I'm hoping that it will be the contest that everyone talks about for a long, long time. |:>

Oh, and have some audience shots. The room was nowhere near done filling when I snapped these.

Xophilarus
Org Profile

Post by Xophilarus » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:21 pm

Really glad the contest well, and congrats to all of the winners! I agree someone should never publicly announce they do not believe a video should have won. It is incredibly rude and disrespectful, and I'm kind of appalled by some of the reactions here. Honestly, "Best in Show" audience winners are almost NEVER videos editors generally tend to think are "the best", and there is nothing wrong with that honestly. It isnt fair to publicly call out a video and try and mess up the editor's pride in winning. Congrats to all of the winners, you guys deserve it ^^.

PieandBeer
Most Important Meal
Org Profile

Post by PieandBeer » Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:02 pm

i agree with xophi 0: in the end i feel like amvs are for other people to enjoy and if they enjoyed it, then it's done its job.
congrats to everyone! it looks like it was a great contest~

Kisanzi
Why I likes so much?
Org Profile

Post by Kisanzi » Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:16 pm

Congrats to all who entered, finalists, and winners. Was an amazing experience at the con and the audience showed so much support for the videos. Even during the AMV Iron Chef later in the day, AMV fans kept asking about certain videos in the contest and expressed how much they appreciated the effort that went into them.

Good stuff all around.

cyberepic
Org Profile

Post by cyberepic » Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:55 pm

Kisanzi, thanks so much for Scrumtrulescent Smorgasbord!

Any chance it will be available online somewhere soon, I'm a dealer and got to go the the AMV's to see it but the rest of our store did not and I wanted to show it to them!

Thanks!

Zatheyll
Org Profile

Post by Zatheyll » Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:38 pm

Xophilarus wrote:Really glad the contest well, and congrats to all of the winners! I agree someone should never publicly announce they do not believe a video should have won. It is incredibly rude and disrespectful, and I'm kind of appalled by some of the reactions here. Honestly, "Best in Show" audience winners are almost NEVER videos editors generally tend to think are "the best", and there is nothing wrong with that honestly. It isnt fair to publicly call out a video and try and mess up the editor's pride in winning. Congrats to all of the winners, you guys deserve it ^^.
Apologies if I made it seem like it shouldn't have won. It just took me by surprise. I was laughing like crazy when it was shown, and thought it went really well with the music, and I believe whoever created it should be very proud of themselves.

Ojive
Org Profile

Post by Ojive » Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:43 pm

Congrats to all the winners! The contest was a blast, the videos were glorious, and it was incredible meeting the editors who showed up to the con--this was an amazing year all around, by my mark! I'll certainly be among those going all out for next year--I've got a couple videos I've been sitting on for years, and I think this is just the motivation I need to get off my rear and actually make some progress on the stupid things...

(Oh, and whoops-forgot to upload my video 'till just now! I'll get that done asap)

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:46 pm

Slowly but surely working on linking downloads to whatever videos are currently available. I know a decent amount of videos are still being worked on (Kisanzi, Koopiskeva, etc.) and some of the videos that played in the contest are actually longer/altered versions of videos that may already be available online so I won't be providing links for those until the editors have completed the final version and published them online.

I'm hoping to have the reaction videos done by tomorrow. To be honest, I'm super sleepy today but I shall do my best! And of course, I won't be posting reaction videos for unreleased videos. Those will be PM'd directly to the editors.

In the meantime, have this contest intro. :bear:

Kisanzi
Why I likes so much?
Org Profile

Post by Kisanzi » Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:47 pm

cyberepic wrote:Kisanzi, thanks so much for Scrumtrulescent Smorgasbord!

Any chance it will be available online somewhere soon, I'm a dealer and got to go the the AMV's to see it but the rest of our store did not and I wanted to show it to them!

Thanks!
I'm actually putting the finishing touches on the vid right now. (There were some scene changes that I wanted to make before the final release.) It should hopefully be ready and uploaded here in the next couple days.

Thanks for the support! Glad you enjoyed the vid.

Inan
Another one
Org Profile

Post by Inan » Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:01 pm

Radical_Yue wrote: Image

Mchy grew a sick moustache

Return to “AMV Contests”