WINNERS AND FINALIST ROSTER POSTED! See 2nd post below.
Submission Guidelines and Rules
Deadline: Saturday, May 2nd, 2015
Visit the following link to participate:
Downloadable PDF of these rules:
To check the status of your AMV submission, visit the following link:
Please direct any questions or comments to:
Most important changes compared to 2014's rules:
1) AMV freshness must be October 1st, 2014 or newer. [Bonus Category entries exempt]
2) Micro-vid reels [AKA: AMV-Hell entries] are no longer eligible to compete.
3) Lots of rules simplification and unnecessary verbiage removed to reduce TL;DR.
• Step One: Register using the provided link. Do this even if your AMVs are not yet ready. We will email you an entrant code within 48 hours along with further instructions.
• Step Two: As you wait for your code, please prepare a way for us to obtain your AMVs. We recommend a cyber-locker service such as Dropbox. *
• Step Three: When you receive the email with your entrant code, follow its instructions.
We must be able to obtain your submissions by the deadline date! **
(*) You must provide a file. We will not accept links to YouTube, Vimeo, or similar.
(**) Postal mail entries are no longer accepted.
Questions or comments? Contact us at:
Entrants are to classify each entry under any one of the category choices below.
Limited Categories: *
Limited Category Restrictions: Two entries maximum. Neither entry may be in the same category.
Standard Categories: **
Standard Category Restrictions: Three entries maximum, minus the number of Limited Category entries you submit. Multiple entries may be sent to the same category, but only one will be able to advance to the finals.
Maximum total of entries you may submit (Limited Categories + Standard Categories): Three
(*) Limited Categories differ from Standard Categories only in that there are stricter limits on how many you may submit.
(**) Depending on the kind of entries we receive, these categories may be rearranged or combined to ensure competitive balance.
• TV Commercials
• Movie Trailers & TV Intros
The Bonus Categories are a special activity separate from the main competition. Selected entries will be shown as intermissions between each main competition category. There are also special rule exceptions:
- You may submit up to five entries to the Bonus Categories. These do not count against your submission count for the main contest categories.
- Entries to this category are also exempt from the freshness rule.
Pre-Show is a non-competitive “coordinator’s choice” block selected from the list of competition non-finalists. It is shown during audience seating just before the AMV competition starts. If your entry doesn’t make it to the finals, there is a chance it might be exhibited during this block.
The final four videos that play in the pre-show block are considered “Honorable Mentions”.
Thank you, and good luck!